Author Topic: Legacy League for remainder of 2014 season  (Read 821 times)

dclabe

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Legacy League for remainder of 2014 season
« on: July 11, 2014, 12:00:55 PM »
Starting today (Friday 7/11) I will run League for the remainder of the season.  We will have a $7 random draw doubles league with $1 to the KCFDC and a optional $1 for the Ace Fund. There will be also be BYOP Mixed Doubles when 2 or more teams show... this format requires that you use 6 drives of each player. When there's not enough teams for Mixed Doubles the BYOP Mixed Teams can play as a team (or split up) in the random draw doubles.  Random draw doubles rules:

Playing Best Disc.

Women get 2 strokes.

Cali cannot buy in to play as a doubles team.

If you're late and cards have been drawn, we will do a redraw if possible, otherwise you won't be able to play League.

Any questions about League, give me a call at 816-210-1063.

Dan

PS: From what I hear the course is in good shape, and some of you who got to play the Wednesday night PDGA League at Legacy might want a little revenge ::)...come out and get some  :P.....
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:11:54 PM by dclabe »

Zier

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy League for remainder of 2014 season
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 09:12:03 PM »
Why'd the price go up?

SteelerDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 10:04:17 PM »
Why'd the price go up?

Clubflation

Steve the Quiz Berry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 10:37:23 PM »
 ???  Who's ideal..was that
Was there a vote..? 
Why'd the price go up?

Clubflation

Steve the Quiz Berry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 10:57:07 PM »
 ???..Did the format change too..?
I gotta bring my own partner..now..and pay more money too...?

GrandviewAshton

• Novice Poster
  • I'm new, but I'll throw some
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 11:39:19 PM »
I was wondering what BYOP was as a lot of ideas went through my head bring your own partner did not. still trying to get the lingo down
Sucking at something is just the first step at becoming kinda ok at it

Steve the Quiz Berry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 02:38:13 AM »
 ;D..The lingo...LOL
Wait till you start playing tournaments..and see..all the..sandbaggers in..all the divisions..This..league changing deal..smells. like a jayhawk lover..living in Missouri..
I was wondering what BYOP was as a lot of ideas went through my head bring your own partner did not. still trying to get the lingo down

BenC

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 08:22:44 AM »
Why'd the price go up?

Clubflation

The club had nothing to do with raising the cost.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt. Abraham Lincoln

jteater

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 09:29:03 AM »
;D..The lingo...LOL
Wait till you start playing tournaments..and see..all the..sandbaggers in..all the divisions..This..league changing deal..smells. like a jayhawk lover..living in Missouri..
Sounds like Missouri... has plenty of their own idiots..., so I guess you didn't need... to bring up... Jawhawk lovers.

dclabe

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 12:56:11 PM »
July 11 League results...

Pearse Harris/John Kimbrell 50 $32.50
Paul Beard/Charles Bryan    50 $32.50
Kelly Babbitt/Dan Coffman   51
Jake Bowen/Josh Hurt         51
Bobby Dorsch/Mike Souder  52
Kenny Hansen/Brian Palmer 53
Roland Vega/Cali                 59

Little breezier probably than Wednesday, but when no one came close to Loomis's 47 from Wednesday, it made you appreciate how good that round was.  Didn't playoff the tie because it was getting dark.  Charles B got hot on the back 9...40' birdie putt on #12, went solo on #16 for the bird, and put the drive on #17 Long for the bird...

Had 6 get in the Ace fund.

Boyd has changed things up a little so scores should be lower this week.  Hope to see you on Friday night, any questions about League give me a call at 816-210-1063.

Dan

PS Mixed doubles is $4 a player (optional $1 Ace Fund) and pays out $3 per person.
     Random draw doubles is $6 a player (optional $1 Ace Fund) and pays out $5 per person.  Check the payout amount above.

Zier

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 08:01:36 PM »
Yeah, I thought the payment increased to increase payout for future events. I worry, however, that by raising costs and increasing payouts you're going to detract from potential throwers (like myself) who don't want to come and throw when we may prevent someone else from potentially getting in the money, or don't want to spend $7 to throw a round. I feel like, especially out east in a doubles format, the primary goal for league play should be to encourage new players to come out and throw. There's definitely a large amount of players out here, it's juts about getting them informed and involved. Then again, it could be that Friday is just a bad night.

dclabe

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 12:17:43 PM »
July 18 League results...

Eleven out with 9 in the Ace fund.

Eric Eastwood/Matt Perry    43 $35
Jose Ossa/Cali                    45 $20
Paul Kreke/Paul Nesmith     48
Pearse Harris/Doug Keehler 49
Paul Beard/Ben Whitesel     51
Dan Coffman/Brian Palmer  53

Not much drama on this one...Eric/Matt put the hammer down and didn't let up, they missed 1 makeable putt on #13...Jose struggled on the front but came back strong on the back with 7 birds...he also got on the fringe of the green on both #15 Long and #18 long, but couldn't convert.

Hope to see you on Friday night, any questions about League give me a call at 816-210-1063.

Dan

dclabe

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 02:38:58 PM »
July 25 League results...

Eleven out with 9 in the Ace fund.

Duane "CD" Steiner/Josh Berry  48  $18
Jose Ossa/Mike O'keefe             48  $18
Paul Beard/Nate Zeir                 48  $18
Dan Coffman/Cali                      49
Pearse Harris/Brandon Yates      50
Charles Bryan/Dustin Bowles      52

Sorry for the late post...just got the signup sheet from Charles last night.  Wound up with a three way tie for first after Paul B/Nate Z took a 4 on the last hole (#18 Long).  Not enough light to play it off.  Shot of the night was Dan C's birdie on #15 Long (from just left of the short pin). :P

Hope to see you on Friday night, any questions about League give me a call at 816-210-1063.

Dan

dclabe

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 03:04:55 PM »
July 25 League results...

Fourteen out with 14 in the Ace fund.

Jake Bowen/Cecil Cameron          39  $40
Matt Perry/Josh Hurt                   41  $20
Paul Kreke/Cali                           41  $10
Jordan Hinck/Lance Pirtle             42
Dan Coffman/Levi                       44
Anthony Brunsberg/Paul Nesmith 46
Kyle N/Parker N                          46
Warren ?/Cali                             49

With the course set all short Jake B/Cecil C blistered it with a new course record 39...for those keeping score at home, they took 3s on #1, #8, and #13 (???). #1 had one birdie for the night (Paul K), #8 had no birdies, and #13 had 5 out of eight teams birdie it (which means there's a 16 or 17 out there).  Most consecutive birdies Paul K (8 - #18 thru #7) runner up Kyle N/Parker N (7 - #10 thru #16).  Scores won't be that low this week, several pins have been moved long.

Dan
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 03:10:40 PM by dclabe »

dclabe

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 01:22:10 PM »
August 8 League results...

Eight out with 7 in the Ace fund.

Jordan Hinck/Kevin Weiss            45  $30
Charles Bryan/Jose Ossa             47   $10
Matt Perry/Paul Nesmith              48
Dan Coffman/Josh Hurt               50

On a scale of 1 -10  with 10 the most difficult, the course was set at about 7.  Jordan H/Kevin W had their way with it though, shooting a impressive 9 down.  Heard that Jordan launched some bombs...past pin high on #4 Long but in #3's fairway...#8 threw a power hyzer 60' past the short pin...didn't convert either one for a bird though. :'( Birds of note Jordan H/Kevin W on #11 Long...Charles B/Jose O on #15 Long...Matt P/Paul N finished with a flourish with birds on #16 Right, #17 Long, and #18 Short.

Dan