Author Topic: League Results 7/14/14  (Read 193 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
League Results 7/14/14
« on: July 14, 2014, 09:35:03 AM »
HA.

We have to play to get them, so who is going to come on out and see what we have happening?

As a reminder we have the following format tonight at league:

7-14-14-Shortening some holes, playing to practice baskets on #1, #8, #11

You know you want to play this park, so stop on by and see what we have in store for you tonight!

I should be there about 5:30-5:40 to start taking registrations.  EXACT money ($6 for Club members, $7 for non Club) is always appreciated.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: League Results 7/14/14
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 08:51:29 AM »
http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/18708

14 people out last night for a great round of golf in the weather.  If you were not out playing I hope that you had a better plan on what needed to be done in your life.  It was too nice to be sitting in the house watching TV, that is for sure.  Days this nice are going to start to make people wonder why they don't live in the midwest.  If only it was like that all the time.

The Migration of the Masters players at the behest of "Das" Loomis made for a smaller Masters field, and a larger Open Field.  Thanks in large part to this Joe Hesting took the top honors with a 54 last night, as we played to the "practice baskets" on 1, 8, and 11, but still had #13 and #17 long for a par 56.  With 56 being a magical number there was a 3 way tie in the Open division for 2nd place, and the playoff ensued, it took 3 holes and finally a concession on the last one to call it a CTP finish, but Loomis took the money home for second at $9.  56 was good enough to win in the Masters Division as your prose artist here had moments of steady golf and good playing (a 3 on #13...apparently not as good as Peter Bures who put his drive about 100' from the pin....YEOWWWEEEE!!!!) kept away the Sneaky snake and won $9 in masters.  The Advanced field was waiting patiently for the last card to come up, and as Bill Shinoski walked in and finished his round, his 61 (8 strokes better than last week for him) was better than Ryan Westa's 6 stroke imporovement, but both took home the KCKash, Bill got $8, and Ryan got $4, it should be noted that Jason Allen had the biggest improvement in strokes, improving 9 from the prior week.

Open
Joe Hesting-54=$12
Das Loomis-56=$9
Beckett Carduff-56=$0
Kelly Babbit-56=$0
Derek Holt-59
Dick Parker-60
Peter Bures-61

Masters
Jack Lowe-56=$9
Sneaky Snake (Sully-Left hand wannabe throwing Right Handed in my Dreams Dan Z)-58
Danny Rodriguez (I can throw with either hand.....why isn't this going in?)-61

Advanced
Bill Shinoski-61=$8 KcKash
Ryan Westa-62=$4 KcKash
Graham Long-65
Jason Allen-70

No one got an Ace, so it appears as though that the Ace Fund is now listed at $478

Next week will be another fantastic week at Cliff Drive to come and throw plastic at metal chains.  I do hope that you choose to come visit.  We do realize that you have a choice on where to play Disc Golf, and we appreciate you choosing Cliff Drive.  If you haven't, get over yourself, and get out there!!!!!

:-D

Danny Rodriguez also made current his club dues.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"