Author Topic: Is it OK to set up Rosedale two and a half weeks prior to a tournament?  (Read 635 times)

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
It's the only course in town that has the baskets moved a couple of times a week, thank you BOB WARD!, and it's the main reason I regularly drive past three other courses on my way in to play Rosey. Please allow Bob to continue to move the baskets this week. Clean up hole 1's tourney placement (it hasn't been used all year), the cat box on 16 also, and then move the baskets during the week prior. You may earn a little good will from the majority of the people who play this course, the one's not playing in the MAC.

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Perhaps having the course set up for Rosey's Wed night league(s) prior to the MAC would suffice?
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
I've realized just how spoiled ya'll have it there in KC.  I'm lucky if they move the baskets twice in one year here in Wichita... ::)
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
It's the only course in town that has the baskets moved a couple of times a week, thank you BOB WARD!, and it's the main reason I regularly drive past three other courses on my way in to play Rosey. Please allow Bob to continue to move the baskets this week. Clean up hole 1's tourney placement (it hasn't been used all year), the cat box on 16 also, and then move the baskets during the week prior. You may earn a little good will from the majority of the people who play this course, the one's not playing in the MAC.

IMHO, Neither Rosedale nor Waterworks needs to be set-up 2 weeks in advance.  If you want to practice the set-up early, you can always play to the pin.  There doesn't have to be a basket there.
Joe Hesting

Fish

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
I'd also like to thank Bob Ward, for making Rosie so diverse with the frequent basket moves.  He does a helluva job.

But.... the current placements are making for some very slow golf there.  Rosie seems to get more rec players than other courses, and the current setup is killing them.  Playing yesterday afternoon, it was painfully slow. 

That said, if this is all we have to gripe about, the folks are doing a good job. 
Nate Fishback

BenC

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
I've realized just how spoiled ya'll have it there in KC.  I'm lucky if they move the baskets twice in one year here in Wichita... ::)

That is one of the main reasons we moved back.  We didn't know just how good we had it in KC when we left.

I'd also like to thank Bob Ward, for making Rosie so diverse with the frequent basket moves.  He does a helluva job.

But.... the current placements are making for some very slow golf there.  Rosie seems to get more rec players than other courses, and the current setup is killing them.  Playing yesterday afternoon, it was painfully slow. 

That said, if this is all we have to gripe about, the folks are doing a good job. 

Nothing but good things to say about Bob.  Stretching the course out will slow things down, but it could also get people to explore the other great courses in KC.  It wasn't too long ago that if you went to Rosedale to play you were playing it stretched out.  Rosedale has become a recreational course, so much so that it is kind of off putting to other players in KC. 

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
I fully enjoy the current set up.  It allows me to really throw full power.  Now I can say that I have played all placements.  Bob is great at how well he keeps that course a different track every week.  When you think about it, that's probably the reason for all of the traffic there.  It is like five courses in one and then if you add du it's like 15 courses in one.  I have come up with a great 26 hole layout for both of those tracks. 

I'm also shooting too well at pc because that has not changed in months.  Sometimes I play it backwards to mix it up a bit and sometimes I have to play through a bunch of moving obstacles on Sundays when Futbol is being played. 

But I'll tell ya what takes the cake.  Knowing that we have so many great courses in kc and having a variety.  If a track looks like ass, I just roll on down the road and go throw somewhere else. 

Thanks to all of you who make it great and thanks to all of you who are willing and able to pick up your trash so I don't think it's a disc.
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

"Put lots of torque on the Anal-hyzer"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYm-LYrJQA

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
I agree on doing some trimming around those longer placements (#1, #10, and #16 in particular).  Would anyone like to come cut some honeysuckle this weekend.  Saturday morning perhaps?

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
I recommend that we treat the honey suckle after cutting.  We have so many work days over the years and are essentially spinning our wheels unless we really treat the eradication process like professionals.  Go to Feldmans or any farm store and buy some Tordon RTU and apply to the stumps immediately after they have been cut.  We need to work smarter, not keep working harder and doing they same cleaning every five years.  If you are not sure how to apply the chemical(apply to cambium), YOU TUBE and there are plenty of videos from conservation groups.  I recommend one person with a saw who cuts, one person then pulls it out of the way and then applies the Tordon.  I would also wear plastic gloves since it is made to kills trees, brush etc. 

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://end-of-the-web.com
Timko, I will be there this weekend to weed eat those holes. The idea we use when we move it is for the players to walk it down and it works out well. I will be pulling out the old wood also that is laying in the brush on number one and other fairways.
Three discs' in the hand is better than twenty in the bag!

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
entire STUMP removal is better than TOrdon.  Years of experience have taught me this.  I have used it, and it will continue to grow, even if applied correctly.

If you want to learn how to remove it stumps and all, come on out to Cliff this weekend and watch, and then help and learn! ;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
What Jack means to say is you hook up a 4x4 to the stump and just yank it out. 
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

Mantis

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
really have to tell people how much jack likes yanking his wood... :)
Steve Dresser
816-914-9395
IN MEMORY OF MY FALLEN BROTHERS... THE MOST RECENT SGT. BRANTLEY THANK A SOLDIER SINCE YOU CAN PLAY DISC BECAUSE OF THEIR SACRIFICES

ekolk

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
really have to tell people how much jack likes yanking his wood... :)

Worth reading this thread ^^^^^^^^^!

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
I feel like some of that brush helps prevent erosion that is already bad on a couple of those holes.  So hacking it down once a year seems a little better than removing it all the way.  Rosedale doesn't need anymore bare spots.
Joe Hesting