Author Topic: Rules Of Golf  (Read 94 times)

Steve the Quiz Berry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Rules Of Golf
« on: July 17, 2014, 12:11:30 PM »
As..an Amateur player, here is something I don't understand.
This week while playing a casual round with my blind buddy.His first shot was stuck in a tree, way above two meters. He said it is a stroke penalties, because that's, what I told him that the official rules of golf say. He can't read the rule book, because he is blind..( I wonder if they have a brail edition of PDGA rules now).
Now then I mention to him,  that every tournament,  that I have played in.They have always stated :: There is no two meter rule in effect.
He wanted to know why they don't play by the rules in tournaments. I told him it was at the discretion of the TD.
His response was: Why can't they play by the official rules.
I said I don't know, don't worry about it..just throw your disc...you blind bastard

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Rules Of Golf
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 12:23:36 PM »
The 2 Meter RULE is only in effect if the TD states so.

http://www.pdga.com/rules/official-rules-disc-golf/806-discretionary-rules

Discretionary rules are rules that may be invoked by the Director without prior approval from the PDGA. Any discretionary rule that is in effect must be announced by the Director prior to the tournament and in the players' meeting.

http://www.pdga.com/rules/official-rules-disc-golf/806-discretionary-rules/80601-two-meter-rule

If a disc has come to rest above two meters, as measured from the lowest point of the disc to the playing surface directly below it, the player shall be assessed a one-throw penalty. The player shall then proceed in accordance with 802.02.C.
    If the lie directly below the disc on the playing surface is out-of-bounds, the disc is played as out-of-bounds regardless of its height above the playing surface.
    A disc supported by the target is not subject to the two-meter rule.
    If the thrower moves the disc before a determination has been made, the disc is considered to have come to rest above two meters.
    The Director may declare the two-meter rule to be in effect for the entire course, for particular holes, and/or for individual objects.

There should be available resources for the latest rulings.  The removal of the 2-meter rule took effect I believe 3 possibly 4 revisions ago, that made it optional, and MUST be declared by the TD to be in effect.  At the Tree Love Classic at Cliff Drive on Septmebr 13, it will be in effect if he wants to play with it in effect! ;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"