Author Topic: Cliff Drive Workday Saturday July 26th-9am-2pm  (Read 204 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Cliff Drive Workday Saturday July 26th-9am-2pm
« on: July 21, 2014, 09:00:40 AM »
Folks,

I need help.  We are getting closer and closer to being able to use the area that we have been working on, but we need more hands on deck to make it happen. 

Right now we have been averaging about 40 hours of work on the course on Saturday making it look better.  We really need to have about 70-90 this upcoming weekend to pound it all out and make it accessible for us to use the initial placements. 

We are expanding and want to have the holes ready to go soon, but need to have help.  In order to do that, we really need to have about 10-15 people come out and help for about 4 hours each.  Some of us will stay longer, and that is ok, we can clear it up.  The other option will be to have it cover 2 days, where we do some of the work on Saturday and Sunday.

I know that is a lot to ask, but ultimately you want a better course, and I want to help make it for you.

If you can come on Saturday or Sunday, please let me know and I will make a decision by Thursday on whether or not Sunday looks like a good plan. 

The following weekend with the MAC will not allow me time to work, though we may have enough started to make it work, then the next weekend will be the clean up weekend in preparation for the Lion's Den Open in which we will be working the hillsides and areas for the LDO.  That area should be manageable with about 10-20 hours of volunteer time (hopefully).

So please let me know how you can help, and when you can help.  Rakes, shovels, and extra hands are the most needed items, as well as YOUR TIME.   That is really what makes this go, we have to cut and remove primarily honeysuckle where we are now, as well as gather up some trash.  Overall, it is looking wonderful, and you can you helped and have good karma flow through you.

Thanks,

Jack
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:03:08 AM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Cliff Drive Workday Saturday July 26th-9am-2pm
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 11:29:00 AM »
LikeLike · · Share · 3
Brett Shoffner‎Real Northeast
1 hr ·

This Saturday, the Cliff Drive Corridor Management Committee, Earth Riders Trails Association, Kansas City Flying Disc Club, Keeping Kansas City Beautiful, and Bridging The Gap will be hosting a community park workday. We'll have numerous things people can help with, but will mainly be focusing on trash cleanup along the trails and honeysuckle eradication around the disc golf course. I hope you can join us!
Details here: https://www.bridgingthegap.org/ai1ec_event/volunteer-community-litter-cleanup-3/?instance_id=1853
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

ekolk

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 05:48:48 PM »
Like. Yes! A few more folks makes all the difference! The combination of all these organizations is great!

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 09:00:44 AM »
Here is the list of the work that needs to be done.  It is a COMPREHENSIVE LIST, so please don't think that we will be getting all of this done, but we shall try right?

Hole #1-weed eat, and trash clean up
New holes #1 and #2-remove Honeysuckle, clear out ravine of cut limbs from last weekend, complete trail, and continue to work on teeing area on #2 and expansion on the first green area.  This will require most of the work.
Hole #2-Mow the grass, clean up around green on the long placement.
Hole #3-weed eat around the side of the hill, weed eat around the pin placement, and expose the rock removing at the roots if possible the honeysuckle.  Work with P&R on getting the downed tree removed from the teeing area.
Hole #4-mow the fairway, and the side of the hill on the short placement
Hole #5-mow the front fairway, and the top green areas, and remove the downed Paw-paw trees
Hole #6-mow the fairway, and remove the downed tree.  That can be placed behind the basket down the ravine as we fill that with debris for better erosion control.
Clear better swath out of the woods towards #7 pad
Hole #7-work with P&R at removing the downed tree, clear the hillside, and the back pin placements for the Mini Golf clearing the rock all the way up to #8 tee where....
Hole #8 and the stage area all the way cleared out and expose the rock, clean up around the long pin, and go deeper into the woods between the stage and the long pin for the LDO.

That is all for now that is high on the list, we can worry about the other new holes after we get the new ones done.

Thanks,

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"