Author Topic: Work day Saturday August 8&9 at Cliff Drive  (Read 261 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Work day Saturday August 8&9 at Cliff Drive
« on: July 28, 2014, 09:02:28 AM »
So,

This weekend I will be playing in the MAC, and may help get thing started (depends on my tee time), however that doesn't mean that the work is stopping.

I want to thank Keizer, Beckett, Mark Moseley(my neighbor), G$, Ted Keith, Penney, Jose Ossa for lending a hand on the over 60 hours of work we did this weekend at the course.  We essentially have the initial hole done for the new #1 hole.  We started to cut out the new #2 hole as well, but it (honeysuckle) needs to be pulled out and taken to the top to get it out and cleared.  That is essentially what I think will be needing to be done at the workday, is really yanking out that Honeysuckle that was cut.  I am hopeful that Keizer will bring not only his 4 wheeler to help expedite this, but also remember his cables this time.  I will attempt to get out there and cut or spray pain the trees that can go on the new fairway.  Initially this will be a "temp" pad, or possibly become the "short pad" for the new #2.

Yesterday Keizer and I were able to get most of the work done on #4, #5, and #6.  Though on #6 there needs to be some trimming (weedwhacking) done off the tee, and a few other locations, really on 4, 5, and 6, I didn't get to weed eat around the trees, and that should/could be done in about probably 30-45 minutes for all the holes.

Needless to say it does look very nice out there on those holes right now.  We also were able to clear most of the downed tree on #3.

So here is what I had listed heading into the weekend from last week's mental notes.  After I play at league tonight, I am sure I will have more possibly less to discuss.....

Here is the list of the work that needs to be done.  It is a COMPREHENSIVE LIST, so please don't think that we will be getting all of this done, but we shall try right?

Hole #1-weed eat, and trash clean up
New holes #1 and #2-remove Honeysuckle, clear out ravine of cut limbs from last weekend, complete trail, and continue to work on teeing area on #2 and expansion on the first green area.  This will require most of the work.
Hole #2-Mow the grass, clean up around green on the long placement.
Hole #3-weed eat around the side of the hill, weed eat around the pin placement, and expose the rock removing at the roots if possible the honeysuckle.  Work with P&R on getting the downed tree removed from the teeing area.
Hole #4-mow the fairway, and the side of the hill on the short placement
Hole #5-mow the front fairway, and the top green areas, and remove the downed Paw-paw trees
Hole #6-mow the fairway, and remove the downed tree.  That can be placed behind the basket down the ravine as we fill that with debris for better erosion control.
Clear better swath out of the woods towards #7 pad
Hole #7-work with P&R at removing the downed tree, clear the hillside, and the back pin placements for the Mini Golf clearing the rock all the way up to #8 tee where....
Hole #8 and the stage area all the way cleared out and expose the rock, clean up around the long pin, and go deeper into the woods between the stage and the long pin for the LDO.

That is all for now that is high on the list, we can worry about the other new holes after we get the new ones done.

Thanks,

Jack

So as you can see we really have right now #2 to mow and clean, and #3 to clear and expose the rock some more, then we need to work on the LDO area.   If you can make it out there this Saturday or Sunday that would be great.  If you can make it out there during the evening that would be great.  If you can get out and help make the course better we will all love you, just please let me know.  Most of the area on 2 is ready to be done with a standard push lawnmower.  Hole #3 will need loppers and a weed whacker....the LDO area needs all of that and your tender love to make this event even better.  We want to do as much around that area as we can folks for the Mini Golf, and to show off how we clean the area.

Now is the time to make it happen!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 09:43:01 AM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Work day Saturday August 2 at Cliff Drive
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 10:58:47 AM »
I am hopeful that Keizer will bring not only his 4 wheeler to help expedite this, but also remember his cables this time. 

No problem but what's up with this MAC tournament you're talking about? Are you saying you won't be present at the 8/2 workday due to the tournament? Some coworkers of mine have planned a shooting get-together for that morning as well, which I was going to skip in favor of attending the workday. But if you aren't going to be there to spearhead, I think I'd rather go to the shoot.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Work day Saturday August 2 at Cliff Drive
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 01:05:18 PM »
do what you must, unfortunately we are taking longer than I had thought.  I had hoped that we were going to be done with the "new holes" by this past weekend, that didn't happen.  So unfortunately I signed up for this tourney back in April or May probably, so I have to play in it.  I many come out if I am on the early tee times to help finish up slightly.  I know that others are already planning on being there as well, so even though I am not there others will be.  If you can't make it Mike, I completely understand.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Work day Saturday August 8&9 at Cliff Drive
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 09:53:25 AM »
I will be out there early on Saturday and probably later on Sunday.

We really at this point will be needing extra hands working on the following areas:

Here is the list of the work that needs to be done.  It is a COMPREHENSIVE LIST, so please don't think that we will be getting all of this done, but we shall try right?

Hole #1-weed eat, and trash clean up
New holes #1 and #2-remove Honeysuckle, clear out ravine of cut limbs from last weekend, complete trail, and continue to work on teeing area on #2 and expansion on the first green area.  This will require most of the work.

This Saturday I will be working with a couple of folks from Danny Rodriguez company at clearing out and making the new holes accessible more for all.  It will be a wonderful thing, and will enable us to move forward with new designing work at Cliff, and will be ready to go for the LDO-(and league on Monday!)

Hole #2-Mow the grass, clean up around green on the long placement.
Hole #3-weed eat around the side of the hill, weed eat around the pin placement, and expose the rock removing at the roots if possible the honeysuckle.  Work with P&R on getting the downed tree removed from the teeing area.
Hole #4-mow the fairway, and the side of the hill on the short placement
Hole #5-mow the front fairway, and the top green areas, and remove the downed Paw-paw trees
Hole #6-mow the fairway, and remove the downed tree.  That can be placed behind the basket down the ravine as we fill that with debris for better erosion control.
Clear better swath out of the woods towards #7 pad
Hole #7-work with P&R at removing the downed tree, clear the hillside, and the back pin placements for the Mini Golf clearing the rock all the way up to #8 tee where....
Hole #8 and the stage area all the way cleared out and expose the rock, clean up around the long pin, and go deeper into the woods between the stage and the long pin for the LDO. 
Also cleaning out the backdrop to the stage area, increasing the rock bluffs.  Eventually we will be wanting to look at this as the teeing area as we move current hole #8's tee pad up along the rocks again in a position that will enable us to enjoy the hole even with it's removal.  This work leads to progress beyond the LDO!

That is all for now that is high on the list, we can worry about the other new holes after we get the new ones done.

Thanks,

Jack

As you can see most of what we will be needing to work on this weekend surround the LDO stage area as well as the Mini-Disc golf area that we will be needing to complete.  If you can come out and help, extra hands will be appreciated, weed eaters, rakes, and shovels are all that really are needed to move accordingly.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 03:20:52 PM »
who is coming to help this Saturday or Sunday?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

SteelerDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 04:48:04 PM »
who is coming to help this Saturday or Sunday?

I'm in for a lil while until my knee gives out.  What time will you be there Sat Jack?

Flying J

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 06:28:43 PM »
I have work on Saturday  ::)  GM is making us come in. 

Sunday looks good for me.
Jose Ossa
Southern Nationals raised.
#1000bound

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 08:02:03 PM »
It looks like Sunday would actually work better for me as well. I could be there at 11 or 12.
I like BIG putts.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 10:45:41 AM »
Cool...mostly this weekend will be focused on what is now 7-8-9, we want to clear out as much as we can, and even go as high as we can on the hillside.

I will have a few of us work on the new portion, but I think that I have it covered, so the next big wave is really driving and clearing out the cliff, the hill, the stage, and ready for the mini and dodgebee area.

This also though will enable us to start to look at the use of the "new" holes by stage where we will be teeing off and going to long #8 and #9 pins.

===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"