Author Topic: PDGA Rules ?  (Read 340 times)

Steve the Quiz Berry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
PDGA Rules ?
« on: August 05, 2014, 04:38:12 AM »
In a PDGA sanctioned event.
How many PDGA rules can be changed, before the event becomes.
 unsanctioned.
Now I'm confused like my blind buddy says..and I quote:: How come they don't play by the PDGA rules?
And my quote:   I don't know,  just throw your disc, you blind bastard.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: PDGA Rules ?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 01:19:37 PM »

Now I'm confused like my blind buddy says..and I quote:: How come they don't play by the PDGA rules?

I am intrigued by your blind friend playing disc golf.  Can you elaborate?  Or did i just miss your joke?   

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 03:33:41 PM »
Very few rules are allowed to change, and even less with regards to day of changes.  A few items can be done in the effort of safety provided players play the same ruling in the same division or grouping.

Otherwise a letter from the PDGA and announcements in advance need to be made in order to alter the rules.

This weekend wasn't accurate of what should take place if that is the reference point.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Steve the Quiz Berry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 04:41:07 PM »
 8)  My blind buddy: A friend who I've known for a little over fifty years.A novice disc golfer, who is legally blind. We generally play a round a week of golf together. He cannot see the baskets or much of anything past around 100 feet.I explain each hole to him.Trees, rough, , and then he throws.He Carey's two disc's.No putter..he doesn't believe in putters.He is generally a deadly shot within 60 feet. We both play by the PDGA rules of disc golf..

I am intrigued by your blind friend playing disc golf.  Can you elaborate?  Or did i just miss your joke?

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 08:42:34 AM »
We had a guy named Charlie that was legally blind play quite a bit until his passing.  He used to have his nephew (I believe) go up to the basket and wave a white towel.

He played in the worlds here when I ran it back in 2003.  He actually played probably about 3-5 times a week.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 08:51:05 AM »
Charlie cashed at Am Worlds in Des Moines '04 I believe.   8)
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 09:29:44 AM »
in memoriam blind Charlie, he was a nice guy, but man - talk about long rounds! he made it through cliff drive without losing a disc or his balance.
espouse elucidation

gleauzzzinier

• Am Poster
  • please stop talking while people are throwing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 01:42:31 PM »
We had a guy named Charlie that was legally blind play quite a bit until his passing.  He used to have his nephew (I believe) go up to the basket and wave a white towel.

He played in the worlds here when I ran it back in 2003.  He actually played probably about 3-5 times a week.
charlie bauersfeld and partner finished third in a jlowe doubles tourney back in 03 as well.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 02:20:31 PM »

charlie bauersfeld and partner finished third in a jlowe doubles tourney back in 03 as well.
in the 6-6-6 format, 6 best shot, 6 worst shot, and 6 alternate shot.  The alternate shot almost messed him up. 
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

gleauzzzinier

• Am Poster
  • please stop talking while people are throwing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 02:46:27 PM »
not so much; he outdrove a local hall of famer by 75 feet when they both teed it up on what is now 17. and if you were off by a couple feet in your estimate of his approach he would let you know about it...in that tone of his.
miss you buddy.