Author Topic: California Trail??  (Read 1064 times)

Stitanic

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
California Trail??
« on: November 21, 2006, 10:27:06 AM »
Is there still a 9-hole course at California Trail Middle School?  I have some cousins in town for the holidays and am going to introduce them to disc golf.  I thought a 9-hole pitch and putt might be a good start.  Or I could take them to Down Under like my first time.  Maybe Blue Valley.  WyCo anyone?  Actually, if we don't go to California Trail, I will take them to Prairie View unless anyone has a better idea for a first-timer.
Over the line, Smokey! I'm sorry. That's a foul.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
Re: California Trail??
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 12:32:25 PM »
The short course at Blue Valley plays very well to first timers.  Prairie Center has several of the holes set short on the front side now, but the back side is stretched out a little.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 04:02:31 PM »
Yes, the CTMS course is still there. 
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

andrew.jewett

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 06:46:12 PM »
The leaves are out of control down under. Any other time, I would say that is the place to take someone their first time, but I dont know about right now.

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 06:57:54 PM »
Down under?  Where it's difficult to get off some teepads, losing a disc is easy, there's no leeway for errant throws whatsoever?  Boy, I'm glad you weren't MY introduction to the sport, I'd have quit right then and there.
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

andrew.jewett

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 03:15:37 AM »
Oh come on now... Cold beer? A cool treck through the woods with crazy baskets and chains that make a cool sound when hit by a flying saucer? Cool people who know how to enjoy themselves? What would not be to like? Okay, I guess I could see someone's second time out being a good opportunity for down under. After they play either swope, olathe, or rosey upstairs, the change into a secret world in the woods provides for a neat change of pace and experience of the game.

Badger

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 02:28:38 PM »
O I loves me some down under, and I took my sons there after Christmas for their first time out, as the wind up top was just sick and wrong.  Apparently, throwing disc's into the side of your garage is just about as fun as into one tree after another.  Luckily the wind gave us a break late in the day and they had more fun on the open ones - my oldest even got a couple of par 3's! Outdrove me a time or two as well - not that that's saying much 8p