Author Topic: Old Krusty's prep work  (Read 675 times)

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Old Krusty's prep work
« on: August 13, 2014, 04:21:47 PM »
Tomorrow evening (Thursday 8-14-14) we will be doing some course work at PC from 4:30 til dusk. I'll be starting around hole 16, then moving to hole 13, and then hole 12. We'll be doing weedeating, minor tree trimming, mowing. Come join in the Karma building fun. If you have a weedeater, machete, gloves, bring em.

We'll be doing more on Sunday (8-17-14) from 8:30 a.m. until ??? also at P.C.

Next week I'll be doing stuff most every evening as well, and as we progress I'll have a better idea of the where and when and what. There are things we want to get done at Birdland as well to enhance the players experience.

It's free- It's fun- It builds character and pride!  ;D

Jeff O

• Novice Poster
  • Jeff Ozorkiewicz
    • View Profile
Re: Old Krusty's prep work
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 05:26:22 PM »
Count me in for next tues and wed. Only days I'm off.  I'd be down with taking machete to locust thorns on 12 and 13. Or whatever y'all need by then.
PDGA 51376

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more plastic

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 10:52:24 PM »
If you're gonna be out there Sunday early afternoon I can make it. I'll find out from my wife if I can be there that morning. And just let me know what other nights you'll be out there. If I'm free I'll come. I don't have much equipment, but I can offer man power.

Any word on drilling new holes for the pins?
PDGA 39363

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 10:04:51 AM »
Brian Corneilius, Rob Haney, G-$, Matt Jenkins, and Bomb Tutler got hole 16 looking good, hole 15 has a good start, and the path from 13 to 14 tee is cleaned up and WIDE now. Rob had a big cooler full of a variety of cold drinks. Thanks guys!  8)

The pin fixes I hope to get done next week with Pete's help.  :)

Sunday we will be on hole 15 at PC. I plan on around 8:30. If you have a weedeater or push mower bring em.

If you have a wheelbarrow and shovels, bring them too. Don't forget your gloves.  :-*

If anyone wants to, the tree trunks on holes 12 and 13 need de-thorned. If ya give em a shave, please clean up the thorns as ya go and remove them safely.

Both courses will be looking S W E E T for the tourney, and for upcoming late-Summer/Fall fun rounds.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 10:15:46 AM by Tom »

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 06:33:07 PM »
Brian Corneilius, myself, Dan Quinn, and Dan Zink did mowing and clean-up in hole 15 and hole 13. Thanks guys!

Some de-thorning and weedeating in hole 12 will have PC close to complete. More mowing on 15 can be done by anyone that wants to over the next two weeks.

BrianC

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 07:28:46 PM »
For those monday nighters, 11 is now moved long left. I may or may not be there. If not I will bring ace beer next week.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 06:46:31 AM »
This evening we are spreading mulch starting on hole 15 around 4:15-4:20, then moving to hole 14 tee area. It should only take a couple hours.

De-thorning (and removal of cut thorns) in hole 12 is needed yet as well. Hole 13 is done.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 06:50:35 AM »
Dan Zink, Kelly Babbit and myself spread approximately 7 cubic yards of mulch last night at PC. Thanks guys!

The course is looking quite nice and will make for a great tournament playing experience.

I should have Lakeside in toureny pin positions this evening. PC should be in tourney pin position by Friday evening.

The courses are looking really good. Short fairway grass is the norm on both courses, and the rough at Lakeside will be mowed a day or two before the tourney.

Message me if you feel like gaining some course karma with some volunteerism and we can set up a task and a time to enhance the parks even more.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 09:11:41 PM »
Lakeside Hills is now in the tournament pin positions.....

Hole 1    long
Hole 2    short
Hole 3    short
Hole 4    short
Hole 5    only
Hole 6    short
Hole 7    only
Hole 8    only
Hole 9    only
Hole 10  short
Hole 11  long
Hole 12  long
Hole 13  only
Hole 14  short
Hole 15  long
Hole 16  loooong (800'+)
Hole 17  short
Hole 18 short

Friday night I could really use some help around 5:00 at Lakeside Hills hole 4 tee area. Bring a pair of gloves and  around nose shovel if you have one. With four or five of us we can get done in a couple hours.

Frankenstu

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 10:57:23 PM »
FTL has their 1pm round there.  Hopefully a few of us can stay.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 07:19:46 AM »
Around 8:15 I'm headin to PC hole 12 and then hole 15 for the morning....light weedeating, mowing, maybe play a round at Bird after.....

I want to thank everyone that has helped dress out both courses over the last two weeks....

Brian Corneilius, Dan Zink, Rob Amos, Andy Lewis, Deano, Kelly Babbit, Pete Cashen, Dan Quinn, Anthony Puryear, Jeff O, Mike Jensen, Mark Albers, and anyone I might have missed. The City has done a lot of extra for us and the courses should be real enjoyable for the upcoming 5th Old Settlers.

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 12:29:25 PM »
Played PC yesterday, early, and the course looked GREAT! The baskets are moved and the grass is mowed the way they do only in Olathe, like a fricking well manicured ball golf fairway. Thanks Tom and the Olathe crew (many listed above) for giving PC some much needed love! Wish I could be there to help today but I'm working like a dog until labor day weekend.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 01:53:25 PM »
Thanks Dan. it looks even better today.  8)

The remaining tasks that if anyone wants to tackle this week is additional mowing/weedeating along the shoreline south of hole 15 basket (pond), and picking up trash as you play is ALWAYS good course karma.

I think we have two of the best looking courses in the Midwest sitting here ready to be played.

League tomorrow will be a good tourney warm-up. Remember, we will tee at 5:30. Please be signed up by 5:20.

I'm tired now.  ;D

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 12:52:27 PM »
Hi Tom:

Michele was out there this morning on #12 doing some de-thorning.

Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

mikedopen

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 07:58:00 PM »
Cool story bro, now go make me a sandwich.  ;D
Mike D