Author Topic: Disc Golf opprotunity in Johnson county  (Read 186 times)

D Craft

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Disc Golf opprotunity in Johnson county
« on: August 20, 2014, 04:25:12 PM »
Got this email and thought maybe we can get some vets out to solicit additional course in JoCo.

"
Please join us anytime during one of the four Strategic Planning Open Houses listed below and help JCPRD's planning team map the future of Johnson County's park and recreational landscape.   

5:00 - 8:00 PM     TUESDAY, AUGUST 26
Antioch Library, 8700 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Merriam
&
Blue Valley Library, 9000 W 151st Street, Overland Park

5:00 - 8:00 PM     WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 27
Mill Creek Middle School, 8001 Mize Boulevard, Lenexa
&
New Century Fieldhouse, 551 New Century Parkway, Near Gardner

We hope your schedule will allow you to attend one of these open houses and assist us in developing a new strategic plan for the Johnson County Park & Recreation District.  On both evenings and at each location there will be planning consultants and members of our management team on hand to hear your suggestions, discuss your concerns, and share your ideas.

Even if you can't join us next week, you can still contribute to the planning process and help make a positive and lasting impact on the quality of life in Johnson County.  Just send your thoughts and comments to jayw@swtdesign.com or mail them to: JCPRD Strategic Plan, SWT Design, 7222 Big Bend Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63119.

Please know we value your input and would love to hear from you.

The Board and Staff of the Johnson County Park & Recreation District
"
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:23:09 PM by D Craft »
"No matter what I do, I always feel better when I stop doing it"

BenC

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Disc Golf opprotunity in Johnson county
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 10:59:42 AM »
7:10 - VP of KS - Mike
8/13/14 - Johnson County Parks & Rec Meeting - Eric reported they met and had a good status and vision meeting, talked about Disc Golf being a new sport and the KCFDC strengths and reported SMP has been a perfect experience with maintenance and mowing

Thanks for the info,  This is on the BOD minutes from our meeting on the 13th.  They contacted us directly.  The club wouldn't be as well known if we didn't have people, like yourself, posting this kind of stuff and board members acting on it.

Bitter79

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Disc Golf opprotunity in Johnson county
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 08:40:22 PM »
Thanks for the info D Craft! There are several Disc golfers that work for the JCP&RD as well as a few of my former co-workers. Great people all around and very open to the Disc golf community. We are lucky to have such a great P&R that keeps finding ways to further our sport that we all love, and who work with people like Scott to help fund and design new courses for us to play. I will try to attend one of these myself!