Author Topic: 2015 Ice Bowl  (Read 26342 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Ice Bowl
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2015, 09:54:29 AM »
He can pay day of at any of the locations as well if that eases your thought process.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

cro

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2015, 10:42:00 PM »
I've seen few enough Ice Bowls that I can't remember...what's the day's schedule? If not set times, at least a flow of events? Is there a last qualifier on Sunday morning?
 ???
--Mrs. Cro
Matt Crowe
PDGA #48148
KCFDC #1318

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2015, 12:14:38 AM »
SPECIAL ICE BOWL BEER ANNOUNCEMENT

I'll be the first to get it on public record. I do not approve of this, I can't believe that the club would allow such a major change to the Ice Bowl just ONE week prior to the event. We've never had an issue with underage drinking and a little free beer has always been one of the KC Ice bowl benefits.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 12:36:10 AM by dan howard »

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2015, 08:41:43 AM »

I'll be the first to get it on public record. I do not approve of this, I can't believe that the club would allow such a major change to the Ice Bowl just ONE week prior to the event. We've never had an issue with underage drinking and a little free beer has always been one of the KC Ice bowl benefits.

Just have to bring my own now.  The free beer was one of the nicer Ice Bowl perks.

SteelerDoug

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2015, 09:14:38 AM »

Beer donations will be $3 per beer, or two for $5.   You will need to show an ID to get a wristband and donate in order to get beer tickets.

??? ??? ??? Really now?  :-\  :(   BYOB then.

jteater

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2015, 09:20:45 AM »
Does anyone (Jack) know when the SMP scores might get added. And to everyone that ran it, thanks.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2015, 01:08:23 PM »
Does anyone (Jack) know when the SMP scores might get added. And to everyone that ran it, thanks.
When I get those and the Liberty ones,

I think there was seven of us that played at Jesse James.. Still no scores turned in yet?

Still waiting on Kearney as well.

This is the situation, we need to watch this a little closer, this thing has grown over the years, and the notion of setting up kegs and letting people get at it isn't something that can continue.  Also prices at their bar is typically ~$5/glass so the price is fair, and the money raised goes all to the Charity.  This is about the Charity event it isn't about the need to give away free beer.  I understand some frustration with the "lack of free beer to bring you out" but ultimately this is about more than free beer.  It is about the need to warm up our sport, help a charity, revisit and make friends, and start off strong to the new year.  As such can we stop WHINING about another change in the Ice Bowl?   ;D  After all there is to be no wimps, no whiners!  :P

Seriously, based on the model we should be able to raise close to another $1,000 for the charity a few beers at a time.  If the beer is the only reason you come out to the ice bowl......I'll let you think about it.

Hopefully I can get an updated score list as I believe we have a new leader at 37 with Jake Bowen.  Once I get them all I will post it up!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2015, 01:18:57 PM »
I think it was Bowen Seiter, not Jake Bowen.

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2015, 01:43:27 PM »
$5 for mulligans which won't really help my game...or $5 for beer that is really freakin' good.

Let me think about that for awhile.

OK - I'll take the beer for $5.  Actually I'll take two of them for $5.  I'll probably even take four of them for $10.

---------------------

In all seriousness guys, this is my perspective.  While I haven't been an Ice Bowl diehard since the 90's, I have attended three previous ones.  Three years ago (2012), we ran out of free beer.  Two years ago (2013), we ran out of free beer before the lunch was even over.  Last year, we ran out of free beer.  Last year (2014) when I staffed the tap the entire time, I'm quite certain there were people getting free beer that didn't even pay to play...i.e. they didn't even buy an Ice Bowl package.

I like free stuff, but as Jack pointed out, the purpose of this event is not to have our fill of free beer, it is to raise money for charity.  As we, the club collectively decide to raise the bar higher and higher for the amount raised, creative ways will come forward to do so. 

And yes, I do know that their was underage drinking.  NOBODY wants to be the one to speak with the police when it becomes an issue if we as a club do not at least attempt to control it.

Come out, have fun, bring a $5 bill with you. 

If you really feel that strongly about it, you are able to bring your own.  For the last three years, free beer has been a bonus and not a promise.

Thanks!

Rob Martin
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
https://www.facebook.com/MaverickDiscGolf

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2015, 02:00:41 PM »
$5 for mulligans which won't really help my game...or $5 for beer that is really freakin' good.

Let me think about that for awhile.

To be clear, Mulligans can clearly help your score way more than beer does, and the mulligans are only $2, not $5.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2015, 03:23:17 PM »
Back on topic......

Could use some help on Saturday and Sunday, let me know if you can help.

looking for a chili judge

How is your chili coming along for the weekend?

Will you win the Best in Bowl?

37 for Bowen at SMP leads it, heard he bought 30 Mulligans.....I bought 32 and didn't shoot that good in the past, can I beat that on Saturday?

Pre-registering at DGW is better than waiting to sign up on Saturday or Sunday at Rosedale.

===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

EL KUJO

• Pro Poster
  • you dont need much, just a tiny taste
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2015, 04:18:49 PM »
I will not only nominate myself as a chilli judge but as a beer judge as well, and then ill throw my judge on the final 9. judge.... :)
if its anything worth doing, its worth doing right

~Josh Kujawa
   LD&CC 4 BRC/CC 4 WW
   KCFDC# 1760
   PDGA# 78277

SteelerDoug

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2015, 06:51:37 PM »
YEAH NO WHINERS!!!  ;)

$1 donation (to the charities) per bowl of MY chili too.   ;)   Honor system. No band required. :) :) :)
Saltine crackers included.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 08:43:18 PM by SteelerDoug »

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2015, 10:17:22 AM »
The available beer will be a free will donation.  Whatever you feel is appropriate.

The decision for this was not made lightely.  The discussion lasted over one month.  As all decisions, sometimes they are changed.

Rob Martin
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
https://www.facebook.com/MaverickDiscGolf

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2015, 05:57:02 PM »
Chili Judges Set-
Scott Burnett
Chris Timko
KUJO!

Power should be SET-
Big Generator that Danny Rodriquez is working to get confirmed!

Some Cold Weather-YES
None of this 50-60 degree crap, I want it cold, it is the ICE BOWL!

Chili cookers-
Ummmmmmmmm sure?  I have mine, but I ain't sharing the Award winning recipe yet....now where is that 2005 one that I won with?  Geesh...

Liquid Refreshments-
Rob Martin the MAN made it happen for us, please be sure to DONATE a large amount where you can please, it all helps!

Mulligans bought-
Urgh, I guess I need to get my obligatory 35-50....37 is the hot score

Silent Auction ITEMS-
Can use good cool things to donate to give away in a silent auction, please help if you can, we really need it.  I am working on getting a large allotment of hockey tickets!

Score update-
Hey U JACK0 WTF MAN?  I will work on entering tomorrow, been busy with the 9-5 this week, ok 8-6, 8-7, today 7-8....you can wait it will be updated

Press Releases-
Soon to be sent and then followed up this weekend as well.

Players of 500+ and goal of $10,000 raised-
Well we are working on it, you need to help please.

There will be more information to come, and of course volunteers out the wazoo will be needed.  Please let me know how you can help make this event continue to push forward and go in the right direction to make it the best and biggest Ice Bowl.  We have had to date.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"