Author Topic: Local ponds at coures.  (Read 3689 times)

pmart

• Am Poster
Re: Local ponds at coures.
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 11:09:47 AM »
I agree with a couple other posters on this thread.  If I throw a disc in a lake and I don't take the time or spend my resources on retrieving the disc, tough titties (my grandma used to say that when life seemed "unfair"  ;D ).  How in the world can I get mad at someone who grabs their snorkel gear and dives for discs when I am not willing to go in the pond/lake myself and do it?  We all have the same opportunity to dive/search for our discs, the only difference is these guys do something about it.  I knew where the disc went in, I didn't grab my mask and strip down to my skivvy's, this equals me giving up my right of ownership, end of story in my opinion.

I also don't mind paying a guy money to get a disc back that I threw in the water.  I was out a Jericho Lake course in Aurora IL and there were two young guys diving for discs in a notorious spot that always gobbles up discs.  Not only were they out there finding other discs but they would go get your disc right then if you paid them $5.  I had no problem handing them 5 bucks because I wasn't going to wade out in the water 20 ft offshore in that nasty water filled with glass bottles and fish hooks to get my disc.  And I had no problem with them keeping my disc if I wasn't going to pay them for their efforts.  I guess I just see this topic differently then others, but I'm ok with that.

Let me also say that I hand back discs that I find (ask people on the course, cuz often times someone had just left it a during that round), put them in the drop box at WW's, throw them in the box at DD and DGW, and even call the numbers on the discs.   

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 01:16:41 PM »
Oh its not a problem of paying the person to return my disc but when they never offer or even call the number and just post it strait on eBay I just think that's a dick head move but what ever the guy doing it will get his karma so its cool...
Home #: 816-308-1000
E-mail: tkienzle22@yahoo.com KCFDC:759
TEK II        :^)

EL KUJO

• Pro Poster
  • you dont need much, just a tiny taste
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 06:25:34 PM »
Liberty parks and rec texted me today that some crazy dude was swimming yesterday in the pond and today there was "some hippie" on  a large piece of Styrofoam.  Why Stryofoam....well cause carrying a boat that far is way too much work when disc hunting.

I was out there then and it was pretty damn funny
if its anything worth doing, its worth doing right

~Josh Kujawa
   Bad Rock Creek Director
   Blue Valley, MO Coordinator
   KCFDC# 1760
   PDGA# 78277