Author Topic: course navigation  (Read 1466 times)

johnny1282

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
course navigation
« on: January 31, 2015, 08:10:57 PM »
I know me and a few few other people would play this course more but it is almost impossible to navigate if you don't know it.  With better signs we would play it more. Which mean more donations we like the course just can't navigate

ekolk

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: course navigation
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 08:27:19 PM »
I play there a lot and see your point. However, Old Pike is a private club, so take it up with them. The KCFDC cannot make improvements there. Maybe the annual 50 bucks could go towards tee signs.

Having said that, there have been many problems with vandalism and theft after dark. There is foot traffic that goes through there other than disc golfers. Mike T. made aware of the lights that were stolen and just random destruction. It sucks.

DD and Old Pike worked together on the bridge and the donation box though. And since they are made of steel, I think they will stay put :)

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 12:39:26 PM »
I play there a lot and see your point. However, Old Pike is a private club, so take it up with them. The KCFDC cannot make improvements there. Maybe the annual 50 bucks could go towards tee signs.

Having said that, there have been many problems with vandalism and theft after dark. There is foot traffic that goes through there other than disc golfers. Mike T. made aware of the lights that were stolen and just random destruction. It sucks.

DD and Old Pike worked together on the bridge and the donation box though. And since they are made of steel, I think they will stay put :)

That is very unfortunate as the novelties that were put in place I am sure had meaning or at least were unique in their own right.  I recall a telescope and someone telling me it was no longer there.  I presume a vandal, I also recall some birds or owls or something like that up top on the back 9 in the woods.  That place is very unique.
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

johnny1282

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 12:17:55 AM »
Alright I understand being a private club and all. Can someone map it out on u disc.

MK

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 07:57:29 AM »
There is a map on disc golf course review.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_files/3395/67bd781e.jpg
Mike Krueger
KCDFC #1692
PDGA #67309
KCFDC PDGA Traveling League Director

johnny1282

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 10:53:07 AM »
Thank you Mike.