Author Topic: 2015 KC Schedule and surrounding area  (Read 15237 times)

EL KUJO

• Pro Poster
  • you dont need much, just a tiny taste
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 KC Schedule and surrounding area
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 08:58:32 PM »
what about the brown-star insurance open in cedar rapids? JK
if its anything worth doing, its worth doing right

~Josh Kujawa
   LD&CC 4 BRC/CC 4 WW
   KCFDC# 1760
   PDGA# 78277

ajinks

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 08:26:16 AM »
The Disc Golf Monkey, http://discgolfmonkey.com/, has a few events that may interest some KC folks:
4/25 - Eldon, MO (Inaugural Event)
8/22 - Marshall, MO
10/17-10/18 - Jefferson City, MO

MK

• KCFDC Board Members
  • Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 08:40:29 AM »
KC Diva Spring Feeva for women C tier at Swope May 9

It is on the PDGA site.
Mike Krueger
KCDFC #1692
PDGA #67309
KCFDC PDGA Traveling League Director

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2015, 09:25:01 AM »
The Disc Golf Monkey, http://discgolfmonkey.com/, has a few events that may interest some KC folks:
4/25 - Eldon, MO (Inaugural Event)
8/22 - Marshall, MO
10/17-10/18 - Jefferson City, MO

One of these years they will figure out that 8/22 is a local holiday with all the Lions wanting attention.... ;D ::) :o
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

hberciunas

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2015, 11:36:16 AM »
Paradise 54 10/25
PDGA #53842
KCFDC #1406
2012 KCFDC tag: 217
2013:            DD:           Beer League:
2014: 48

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 12:29:05 PM »
Not listed on the PDGA site.

Completely agree with Tracy on this, especially since the MO KAN BEAT KANSAS event is something that we all want to see.....

June 6th - Midwest Doubles Championship - B Tier - (Lakeside Hills, Olathe, KS)

That doubles event is in conflict, locally, with the Club's Team Challenge Event.  It wasn't on the BoD's calendar when I attended the board meeting, in January, to finalize the date for the Team Challenge.  I don't think it is fair to make locals choose between the two events.  As such, one of them should be rescheduled.  Who is organizing the Midwest doubles event?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 01:02:41 PM »
Not listed on the PDGA site.

Completely agree with Tracy on this, especially since the MO KAN BEAT KANSAS event is something that we all want to see.....

June 6th - Midwest Doubles Championship - B Tier - (Lakeside Hills, Olathe, KS)

That doubles event is in conflict, locally, with the Club's Team Challenge Event.  It wasn't on the BoD's calendar when I attended the board meeting, in January, to finalize the date for the Team Challenge.  I don't think it is fair to make locals choose between the two events.  As such, one of them should be rescheduled.  Who is organizing the Midwest doubles event?

Agree, I think the Midwest Doubles Championship could really pull away talent from the team challenge.  I know I would choose Kansas first, but some people really love their doubles.

Just Joe
West Side 4 Life!!!!

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Awesome at things. Many, mini things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2015, 01:26:52 PM »
Agree, I think the Midwest Doubles Championship could really pull away talent from the team challenge.  I know I would choose Kansas first, but some people really love their doubles.

Joe, were you still considering using Lakeside Hills for the Saturday, alt shot round?  If so, perhaps we could work with the MDC organizer to have them start early (like 8:00 am tee). Then take a 3 hour or so lunch to allow the Team Challenge to use the course.  When the Team Challenge is done, then they start their afternoon round. Plenty of daylight early June to pull it off. Doing this makes it so neither event has to change dates, in addition to allowing players to participate in both, if they choose. 

It's a fine solution for one year, but Team Challenge has foothold on claim for first weekend in June.  I don't think the Team Challenge should have to accommodate the new event every year.  So making an exception this year may only set precedence for continued conflict on this weekend.

I think it boils down to "We were here first." nahnahnahnahbooboo
Dick Parker
• 2014-16 Kansas City Wide Open Tournament Director
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper
• KCFDC Membership Guru

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2015, 01:29:19 PM »

Joe, were you still considering using Lakeside Hills for the Saturday, alt shot round?  If so, perhaps we could work with the MDC organizer to have them start early (like 8:00 am tee). Then take a 3 hour or so lunch to allow the Team Challenge to use the course.  When the Team Challenge is done, then they start their afternoon round. Plenty of daylight early June to pull it off. Doing this makes it so neither event has to change dates, in addition to allowing players to participate in both, if they choose. 

It's a fine solution for one year, but Team Challenge has foothold on claim for first weekend in June.  I don't think the Team Challenge should have to accommodate the new event every year.  So making an exception this year may only set precedence for continued conflict on this weekend.

Lakeside was #1 on my list for Alternate-shot Saturday.  I think the team challenge is turning into a pretty awesome event for KC, and I would really like to see the first weekend in June locked down for years to come...with the exception of KCWO needing that weekend.  DDKC? Chime in, and let us know what we can work out.

I think there could be a lot of people from surrounding areas that would be interested in playing the Midwest Doubles Championships...

How about the Midwest Team Championships!?!?!

Could be an idea for the future.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:31:45 PM by white mccoy »
Just Joe
West Side 4 Life!!!!

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2015, 01:56:32 PM »
I would prefer the E(ast) W(ood) challenge be a different weekend.  I have and will continue to have conflicts on that weekend. 

jhinck2

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2015, 01:58:08 PM »
I tend to agree with Eric.  This is usually a problem for me as well.  Shouldn't we be focusing on getting our courses ready for the Wide Open this close to the tournament anyway instead of playing? 
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2015, 02:23:05 PM »
As with all events it is hard to pick a day that works for everyone. We plan a date and we do it.

As for the Wide Open, there will be some work being done on the courses. I don't think the EvsW really is going to get in the way that much. I would just roll with it.

Just a thought here but why is it every year the East side players have something to whine about? I think we should add the "No Wimps No Whiners" tagline to this event to help curb some of that...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 02:33:03 PM by dickthediscparker »
Dick Parker
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper
• KCFDC Membership Guru

jhinck2

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2015, 02:36:09 PM »
As with all events it is hard to pick a day that works for everyone. We plan a date and we do it.

As for the Wide Open, there will be some work being done on the courses. I don't think the EvsW really is going to get in the way that much. I would just roll with it.

Just a thought here but why is it every year the East side players have something to whine about. I think we should add the "No Wimps No Whiners" tagline to this event to help curb some of that...

I'll do my best to play it again this year.  I've been out the last two years, once due to injury and the other due to conflict.  I'm 1 for 1 on championships and plan to help the East side bring it back this year if I can.  Also, it's not whining.  It's stating the fact that two of the players who could definitely contribute to the East side have been out the last couple years.  Time to even up the score.  C'mon Eric, find a way!  Tired of this crap, even if we do have to have a Gayhawker lead us to victory.   
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2015, 02:44:35 PM »
C'mon Eric, find a way!  Tired of this crap, even if we do have to have a Gayhawker lead us to victory.   

Hate us cus they anus...

But seriously, I almost feel bad for your team. I mean ever since the first year it has been really hard for you guys to overcome your lack of skill. And it's great that you are 1 and 1. I'm undefeated... boom, there goes the dynamite.

I don't know why we even need a East vs West challenge. It's sounds like the LEast side has already thrown in the towel.
Dick Parker
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper
• KCFDC Membership Guru

jhinck2

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2015, 02:52:50 PM »
Not sure who is throwing in the towel exactly.  The BEast side will be bringing it all square against the LOWest side this year.
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339