Author Topic: East Side TEAM page  (Read 25641 times)

Flying J

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/LongDrive500
Re: East Side TEAM page
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 04:04:22 PM »
You guys are cute. Finally getting you s$!@ together a week before the first qualifier. Or is this even a qualifier for you coming up? Oh boy, maybe you don't have it together. Good luck with that.

We've learned to do things at the last minute here in the East in order to adjust to last minute rules changes of years past.
Jose Ossa
Southern Nationals raised.

jhinck2

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 04:11:00 PM »
We've learned to do things at the last minute here in the East in order to adjust to last minute rules changes of years past.
[/quote]

Easy killer...
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Tracy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 10:45:50 AM »

Please, give me an example of a "last minute" rule change, Jose.

Each year, the rules were set months before the event.  This year is no different. Official rules will be posted this weekend, three months ahead of the event. There is only one change over last year; In past years putting after a hole is completed was not allowed, it will be allowed going forward beginning with Team Challenge of 2015. I already stated such weeks ago.

Also, I am available for both captains (anyone really) to contact with any questions or concerns, bounce ideas off of, whatever.  Always have been available to make this event competitive, fun and successful. 

Mantis

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 09:52:54 PM »
The first 6 spots will be available at the city of fountains held by DD.  This means there will also be a league night qualifier at either water works or cliff drive in April.  I will also have a qualifier at swope to keep the west side team on their heels in not knowing exactly which course we will use until the official announcement is made on the Sunday course for the challenge.  I will also choose 4 as captain picks to give us the best opportunity to bring home the trophy.   
Steve Dresser
816-914-9395
Proud father of Benjamin Dresser

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Awesome at things. Many, mini things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2015, 08:34:31 AM »
I will also have a qualifier at swope to keep the west side team on their heels in not knowing exactly which course we will use until the official announcement is made on the Sunday course for the challenge.

Are you saying you will not announce the course we are playing until that day? I don't really think you can do that. We should be able to plan where we have to go on Sunday. While I'm all for gamesmanship, we should know where the F we are playing. Don't be that guy.
Dick Parker
• 2014-16 Kansas City Wide Open Tournament Director
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper
• KCFDC Membership Guru

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 10:35:00 AM »
if it pisses off the westsiders, youre doing something right

just be ready to play a kc course dick
putt, putt, give.

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Awesome at things. Many, mini things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2015, 11:44:57 AM »
If your scared, just say your scared. You don't have to play games. Or I guess you do since you haven't won in the last two tries.
Dick Parker
• 2014-16 Kansas City Wide Open Tournament Director
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper
• KCFDC Membership Guru

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2015, 07:54:44 AM »
I will also have a qualifier at swope to keep the west side team on their heels in not knowing exactly which course we will use until the official announcement is made on the Sunday course for the challenge.

Are you saying you will not announce the course we are playing until that day? I don't really think you can do that. We should be able to plan where we have to go on Sunday. While I'm all for gamesmanship, we should know where the F we are playing. Don't be that guy.

I don't think he meant it that way, Dick.  Though I suppose it could be read that way.  It's another item that doesn't have any "rules" around it.  But I may have to make a rule, in the future, for codifying the event so others can take it over.   Or I can leave it alone (no codifying) and simply expect the captains will be respectful of their competitors by providing the course selection well ahead of time.

Am I right in thinking that the course does have to be a KCFDC course, right?

If not, I will announce on the morning of gameday Saturday that we are playing at 7:00am on Dick Parker's mini course.  Good luck getting to Oklahoma in time F$%^&ers!! Ha!!
Just Joe
West Side 4 Life!!!!

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2015, 08:06:26 AM »
Never mind.  Answered here.  http://kcfdc.org/forum/index.php?topic=10940.60

I do believe there should be a rule in place though. The course to be played must be announced at least 1 week from date of challenge.  Some team members can slip away for a round at one course, but may not have time to play at another.  A captain would need to know this.  Unless you pansies don't want to play against us, and would rather cheat to win by forfeit.  Scared of the actual challenge.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:09:51 AM by white mccoy »
Just Joe
West Side 4 Life!!!!

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2015, 12:03:16 PM »

Never mind.  Answered here.  http://kcfdc.org/forum/index.php?topic=10940.60

I do believe there should be a rule in place though. The course to be played must be announced at least 1 week from date of challenge.  Some team members can slip away for a round at one course, but may not have time to play at another.  A captain would need to know this.  Unless you pansies don't want to play against us, and would rather cheat to win by forfeit.  Scared of the actual challenge.

So bold and intimidating!  ::)

Utz

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2015, 07:11:24 PM »
The first 6 spots will be available at the city of fountains held by DD. 

Interesting. Do you think you'll get a smaller sample of people; given the tournament costs quite a bit more than a league, and PDGA fees, etc?
KCFDC #831
A proud new cart golfer

SteelerDoug

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2015, 08:48:51 PM »
The top OPEN finishers.

Zier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2015, 07:50:22 AM »
The top OPEN finishers.

Why would it matter what division they played if they shot a lower score on the same day in the same pin settings?

SteelerDoug

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2015, 08:23:32 AM »
Usually doesnt happen, but it could and has.

MK

• KCFDC Board Members
  • Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2015, 12:06:20 PM »
So amateurs can't qualify unless they play up a division?
Mike Krueger
KCDFC #1692
PDGA #67309
KCFDC PDGA Traveling League Director