Author Topic: Swope course report 1/3/07  (Read 625 times)

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
Swope course report 1/3/07
« on: January 08, 2007, 10:00:11 PM »
January 3, 2007

I missed the Chain Mail issue release. So I am right on schedule.

A new year dawns on Swope Park Disc Golf Course. In the ground pushing 30 years it has undergone major transformations over the duration.
I think it is in the best condition ever. I would know, this is my 27th year.
Thanks to Dan Cashen for having the vision and werewithal to move dirt, plant grass, upgrade the facilities and closely work with the Parks & Rec crew for the past umpteen years.
I will try to continue the tradition.
The Pro Shop was painted last summer, many thanks to Patrick Smith and his crew.
There are new plantings around the Pro Shop and  10. The leaves were mulched recently.
Many trees were cut down last year. I will be working with P&R on new plantings. I trimmed many low branches this fall.
Some of the multitude of pin placements have been reduced and will follow a color coded order in regards to distance.
I have also developed a readable map that will be in the magazine rack. The goal is to have the color indicator for the daily basket location on each tee sign. Sweet.
Look out for the Swope Love Society (SLS) crew that we have formed to take care of the mundane tasks of moving baskets, trash duty and general maintenance.
They are Mark and James Arnold, Shaun Eller, Nathan Fishback, Dan Coffman and myself. Anybody else who wants to join, just give me call. Thanks to Dan Coffman for posting pin movements already.
I have been out of commission for the last month, recovering from a Swope Park stunt in the early December snow. Mating trees is hard on the pelvis of an old man, especially on a reluctant elm, but it did'nt stop me from trying. But I am ready to get out and blast some plastic. I hope to kill the tree that almost killed me.
There is a new lock on the Pro Shop. If you need in let me know and a representative of the SLS will coordinate. Currently there is no sales product there.
I have not confirmed League Runner, but will advise. Come on out and play where you can hear seals barking in the distance, or maybe a good band. Remember daylight savings time start early this year, March 11 and ends in early November.

Jim Neal
Cell 913-915-2760
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree