Author Topic: list of areas/things that need work  (Read 10056 times)

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
list of areas/things that need work
« on: March 08, 2015, 08:19:41 PM »
I am making a list to send over to the parks department tomorrow morning.  I would like to get a list of things that folks see that need to be worked on.  I know folks want benches and more trash cans... but i am thinking items for workdays ie  cleaning up brush here or there, pushing back woods in this area etc.

What do you  want to see improved? 

The parks would like a punch list and I have several things, but i want to know what others are seeing that i might be missing.

thanks,

John

SteelerDoug

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: list of areas/things that need work
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 09:04:33 PM »
Maybe some kinda way to make maps available at hole one since there is no way for first timers to follow the course? 

EL KUJO

• Pro Poster
  • you dont need much, just a tiny taste
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 09:39:33 AM »
we could get a lot of brush and logs loaded up in my 4x4 and move them to the burn pile?? then kick back and make some smores
if its anything worth doing, its worth doing right

~Josh Kujawa
   LD&CC 4 BRC/CC 4 WW
   KCFDC# 1760
   PDGA# 78277

jhinck2

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 10:29:53 AM »
A few things:

Hole #1 - clear up the line to the left placement.  The ceiling is too low IMHO to even consider going that way at this time.
Hole #6 - downed trees/brush in fairway needs to be cleaned up.  That's a broken ankle/lawsuit waiting to happen down in there!
Hole #14 - mando sign on the big tree so yahoos don't try and cheat the horseshoe approach?  I.E. Blue Valley hole #9
Hole #15 - retaining wall behind the teepad? 
Hole #17 - can they move the tee sign to another location?  When playing to the right placement in the woods, that tee sign on the short pad is in the line of fire for the average/casual player and is a distraction for the professional player off the long pad. 
Grass OB - the flags will only stay as long as people are honest and don't pull them.  How long does spraypaint last to define the OB on holes like 3, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 17 & 18?  This is really a tournament question, but something to think about because it isn't defined for casual play very well (if the intent is to define for casual play as well).
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Disc Demon

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 08:20:15 PM »
Hole #1- There needs to be a fence or wall to keep discs from rolling into the pond.
Hole #2-  A large deck needs to be built on the pond, for parties and to save discs
Hole #3- The tee pad needs to be raised at least 20 feet and the trees need trimmed
Hole #7- All trees need to be cut down in the fairway
Hole #9-  See hole 7
Hole #12- See hole 7
Hole #15-  Large tubes need to be assembled on each line that will take the disc to the basket. The fork in the road could add to the excitement.
Hole #16- same as 15, but just one easy to assemble tube.

Next time I run into Ted with Liberty parks I will hit him up with a few of these issues.   Ted is a player, I ran into him at Jesse James a month or so back, i think he plays regularly. 

EL KUJO

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 08:29:05 AM »
Hole #1- There needs to be a fence or wall to keep discs from rolling into the pond.
Hole #2-  A large deck needs to be built on the pond, for parties and to save discs
Hole #3- The tee pad needs to be raised at least 20 feet and the trees need trimmed
Hole #9-  See hole 7
Hole #12- See hole 7
Hole #15-  Large tubes need to be assembled on each line that will take the disc to the basket. The fork in the road could add to the excitement.

LMAO.... we could just drain the ponds NAILER style :)

~Josh Kujawa
   LD&CC 4 BRC/CC 4 WW
   KCFDC# 1760
   PDGA# 78277

jhinck2

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 08:46:02 AM »
Or we could give productive comments/concerns like John was asking for instead of starting yet another thread drift for three pages that gets nothing accomplished. 
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

BenC

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 10:50:59 AM »
Hole 14, I think, the hole with the big bush to the left that obscures the bike trail.

A couple warning signs.  One by the tee pad, post spotter.  One up the trail, beware of disc flying at high rates of speed that will knock you off your bike.

jhinck2

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 11:00:06 AM »
Hole 14, I think, the hole with the big bush to the left that obscures the bike trail.

A couple warning signs.  One by the tee pad, post spotter.  One up the trail, beware of disc flying at high rates of speed that will knock you off your bike.

It's hole 15.  I agree with Ben completely here.  We almost had a man down when I was out there awhile back.  Biker came flying in as CD was teeing off. 
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

SteelerDoug

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 11:47:15 AM »
Yes. You can drain THIS pond. I will allow it.  ;)

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 01:15:08 PM »
The pond at PC needs to be drained too.  Before the spring showers.   Those will fill it up. 
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 01:31:47 PM »
I could use some type of disc retriever but the deck seems like a poor idea since park is supposed to be dry.  Hard to sit on a deck and party with out adult beverages.

Funny stuff though about the wooded holes.  You must love some open hole golf?  That Ted guy is one wild and crazy guy.  Is he a temp/seasonal worker?  Or are you talking about Tom who loves to throw old beat up dog chewed on discs? 

Hole #9-  See hole 7
Hole #12- See hole 7

Next time I run into Ted with Liberty parks I will hit him up with a few of these issues.   Ted is a player, I ran into him at Jesse James a month or so back, i think he plays regularly.

Hole 14 you are correct about the wooded overgrowth on left of the tee.  They really do need to be cleaned up some and get some of the overgrowth out to open up some sight lines.  It is a little hard to see if someone is bombing through there.  That is a great point.  Thanks Ben. 

Disc Demon,  i think i met you the other day.  You really a funny guy and that was a fun round.... no matter how many times you threw into the ponds.  I hope we can get out and throw some more holes soon.   

Crispian

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 06:28:21 PM »
Perhaps get with Nate Zier and Patrick Smith. Patrick is an at large board member and in his day to day life a very successful construction industry project manager and just last night asked Pete Cashen and Nate Zier to get with course coordinators and get lists of improvements and he will do what he is really good at, which is making stuff happen. Just a thought.
Crispian Lynn Paul PDGA #67456
Kansas City Disc Golf Diva
Former KCFDC Board Secretary
KCFDC Newsletter
crispianpaul@hotmail.com

Play disc golf. Move around. It's cool.

Disc Demon

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 09:39:23 PM »

Funny stuff though about the wooded holes.  You must love some open hole golf?  That Ted guy is one wild and crazy guy.  Is he a temp/seasonal worker?  Or are you talking about Tom who loves to throw old beat up dog chewed on discs? 

Disc Demon,  i think i met you the other day.  You really a funny guy and that was a fun round.... no matter how many times you threw into the ponds.  I hope we can get out and throw some more holes soon.   
[/quote]

Haha yea dude that was some wicked fun man.  Dude those ponds are like pac man, gobbling up my discs.   I will get em back when it warms up.  If i get a few 211's in me I may hit it this weekend.

So dudes name is Tom.  I swear on multiple occasions he as said his name was ted.  Short dude with Goatee?  He looks like a Ted.  Well, next time I see "TOM"  I will ask him about some of these issues.  He seems on top of things.

EL KUJO

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 07:50:52 AM »
I was out there last night and a few holes are accumulating trash piles near the tee pads. I will be picking up the trash and encouraging others to do so tonight at league.

~Josh Kujawa
   LD&CC 4 BRC/CC 4 WW
   KCFDC# 1760
   PDGA# 78277