Author Topic: new pin locations  (Read 1274 times)

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
new pin locations
« on: March 21, 2015, 08:34:50 PM »
Thanks to Pate, Max, and Jack for their help in moving baskets today.

2 right -in cubby
3 long
5 left
6 right
9 right
13 long
14 straight
17 right

Dangeruss

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Re: new pin locations
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 10:44:32 AM »
I could be mistaken but I think hole 12 is marked for the right pin but the pin is on the left. Not a big deal at all, just a heads up. ;D

jhinck2

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 10:55:34 AM »
Hey John,

I know it is thought by many and said by few....but is there any way you would agree to widening the tunnel shot on hole #2 (cubby)?  It doesn't have to be much, but some.  I don't think the intent of that hole is to be a par 4.  That being said, those of us who can throw a thumber 300 feet have a significant advantage.  I am a day late and a dollar short because I think you posted asking for suggestions at Blue Springs, but just thought I'd bring it up.
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Zier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 12:42:21 PM »
I'm going with John to meet with the parks department today at 4:00. I'll bring it up to him.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 03:30:45 PM »
Hole 2-    i ran out of room when putting that hole in. When laying out the  course, it was hard to navigate and it just ended up being too short.  it needs to be about 75 feet longer into the cubby and then it plays a lot better at a 175 approach.   It was supposed to be a 4.  the second shot is too short if you go around. 

so...not sure how to fix it besides widening the gap.  and not sure i want to start that process of no return. 

And being able to throw a thumber is great.  Why not have some holes that can be thumbed?  The hole course is a bit much, but to me i see the thumber similar to being able to shot a floater in basketball.  it is  a freaking tough shot and is nothing like  the motion you would use on a regular jump shot, no follow through and all pushing motion  with no ball rotation.  So... if you practice a thumber and can do it...it should be another weapon and advantage.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 04:50:36 PM by john theiss »