Author Topic: KCWO 2007  (Read 20409 times)

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
Re: KCWO 2007
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2007, 11:57:26 AM »
There will be a limited supply of nice full color quad-fold brochures available any day now. I'm sure Jack will chime in here when they are available. They were on display at Tuesday's meeting and headed for press this week.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2007, 12:53:32 PM »
is there any more info coming regarding an informational document for KCWO potential sponsors?

i'd love to try to get sprint to pay my entry fee into the tournament, but i need something official to send to the sponsorship group

brian p

Contact Jack at 913-485-5123.  He had some flyers made upo for sponosrship, or was in the process of making them.

'Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

Chainsaw

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2007, 10:59:44 AM »
Is their a cap on any of the divisions?

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2007, 01:09:06 PM »
Is their a cap on any of the divisions?

There is a cap on pool size (currently, we'd have Advanced Men and Women in one pool of Ams, and everyone else in the other), no more than players in any pool.  The arrangement of the pools could change depending on the number of entries we get in each division.

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2007, 03:09:38 PM »
is the schedule finalized, or close to being finalized yet?  I registered Friday and was curious where/when I'll be playing my 5 rounds of wide open fun.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2007, 05:15:28 PM »
Way to soon to know the schedule, not even sure how many players.  If everyone was as good as you at pre-registering then yes we would be able to have that information.  As it stands now, I think that they now which courses the divisions play, just not when and where on what day.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2007, 09:12:23 PM »
is the schedule finalized, or close to being finalized yet?  I registered Friday and was curious where/when I'll be playing my 5 rounds of wide open fun.

Tom,

Who did you give your registration to?  Did you mail it?  I have not received it yet, and I know you did not complete it online.  Let me know, we'll get it straightened out.

Chap

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2007, 09:39:52 PM »
He gave it to me along with his membership renewal. I e-mailed Rick about it.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2007, 09:55:51 PM »
He gave it to me along with his membership renewal. I e-mailed Rick about it.

No problemo...I'll update it maƱana.

Chap

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2007, 07:31:31 PM »
any idea on pin placements and a general idea when the final results will be posted? any updates would be greatly appreciated.
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing

Chainsaw

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2007, 07:41:36 PM »
If it is anything like last year, the results will be available evenings after the rounds, at the host hotel(s) and probably on the pdga website.

As far as pin placements are concerned, last year all the parks had the pins in their most difficult settings. I believe all of them were as long as possiblem with the exception of Water Works #8, which was placed short on the steep hill in front of the tee box. Pete Cashen told me once that Ken Climo took a 5 or 6 on that hole at a past KCWO. Last year was the first that I have played, so I do not know whether the pin format was the same as in past years. I would not count on any mercy though, as this is a NT. Its going to be fun.

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2007, 10:48:22 AM »
what about mandatories? are the courses going to be mowed before the tournament in case I learn how to throw a roller? how about extra pencils for keeping score?
I have strict dietary requirements, will there be additive free, non-gluten organic vegetables served at the courses providing lunch?
there is so much to think about when preparing for such an event.
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2007, 11:51:14 AM »
for your viewing pleasure Geauzinier, we have added a special section in the WIde Open players forum for those that interested, it would be wise to view them in the highest settings, of your television monitors at home, you will need to call Nasa to get the special satellite link up password to access this channel of information, as we inadeverantly sent the information to Galileo prior to posting the scores on the "earth based" internet.  Our hopes are that by the time the systems have synched up that all scores should be available on the smaller "internet", not to be confused with the galaxy-net that our source scripters sent on or around June 25th.  Course configurations may be made available prior to the actual earthen event by the middle of June.  As far as gluten free recipies, as of last count, we were ordering seaweed greens and a special drink from an oxygen bar for lunches, that will come in commerative sea-shell lunch boxes, the problem was that they were determined to not be biodegradeable, so we are sourcing alternate methods.

Now back to your regular viewing pleaseure.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Chainsaw

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2007, 06:12:08 PM »
Entrapment devices are all considered mandatory...

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2007, 11:02:00 PM »
I heard you were working on the uplink to the noaa satellite, is there any chance of a real time feed so we can watch ourselves during the rounds?
seashells aren't biodegradeable or just the commerative ones?
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com