Author Topic: KCWO 2007  (Read 20299 times)

discwrangler

Re: KCWO 2007
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2007, 12:42:07 PM »
Rope creates more challenge.   ;D

What courses/layouts will the open division be playing?

discwrangler

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2007, 12:26:33 PM »

What courses/layouts will the open division be playing?

Anyone?  Bueller?

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2007, 12:40:08 PM »
Courses will be Water Works, Blue Valley and Swope Gold.....for Open I believe

Rosedale, Wyco, Water Works, and Swope for Am's.....or that's the last I heard.

Layouts.....hmmm......that probably won't be determined until a couple weeks before....I imagine if it's like last year then everything will be set long.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2007, 11:21:26 AM »
I was hoping there would be some info as to when the Wide Open actually is. I was at a club meeting when it was brought up but we were served beer too!!! If the calender of events actually had events on it with minimal details, this post would not have been created.If my weak memory serves me better than I thought, it is at the end of June or somewhere close.

BTW, thanks Kevin montgomery for the kudos on the Ice Bowl interview. The interview was on the 5 o'clock and 9 o'clock news that Sunday night. No that's not all the fame I got. It was also on THE NEXT DAY TOO on the 5am and 8am news too. You would not believe how many friends and relatives called to say they saw it. One of my bosses at work had kidded me about seeing the newscast and had asked what was the reward for turning me in since I was THE MOST WANTED SEXUAL PREDATOR IN K.C. He said he had no idea I liked 11 year old girls. I kiddingly responded "If you are going to tell it, tell it right, it was an 11 year old boy!!" The look on a woman supervisor that overheard the conversation was priceless. I finally "cornered" her to tell the REAL STORY!! 
I told my Human Relations manager if they would have kicked in the donations I asked for, Kelloggs would have gotten a plug from me too.
As far as a flyer to show our employers for sponsorship or donations, that would be grrrrreat. Kelloggs has been known to sponsor some big events so maybe with a flyer, and possibly a better representative than me to help with the presentation, we can have Tony the Tiger on a banner saying the KCWO is GRRRRRREAT!! How bout it Jack or Dan or anyone who can sell ANYTHING!! I talked to them already but I am not as knowledgable on details as others may be such as the tax write off info. Give me a call to let me know if ANYONE is willing to help and I will set up the meeting with the proper person at my job.
Steven Disc Glover

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2007, 11:35:07 AM »
The dates of this years Wide Open are:

KCWO - June 22-24th (PDGA NT)

As for sponsorship info you need to get with Dan or Jack. They should have a packet available for distribution.

So, do you feel a little over exposed after all the media attention....    ;D ;D ;D

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Stitanic

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2007, 10:35:45 AM »
I was poking around the KCWO site.  It said AMS get 5 rounds and Pros get 4 rounds.  Is that right?

That sounds like a fantastic weekend
Over the line, Smokey! I'm sorry. That's a foul.

Brisque CK

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2007, 12:05:04 PM »
Will the Open division be playing Swope Gold or Blue Valley for Sunday's final round? From what I was reading, it sounded like Swope Gold was the final battleground. Was it set up this way because of Saturday's BBQ? Or does swope gold play a higher SSA than Blue Valley?

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2007, 04:26:19 PM »
Will the Open division be playing Swope Gold or Blue Valley for Sunday's final round? From what I was reading, it sounded like Swope Gold was the final battleground. Was it set up this way because of Saturday's BBQ? Or does swope gold play a higher SSA than Blue Valley?

Pros: Fri: Water Works, Swope Regular
        Sat: Blue Valley
        Sun: Swope Gold

Advanced Ams Pool A: Fri: Wyco (2 rounds)
                               Sat: Water Works (2 rounds)
                               Sun: Rosedale

All other ams: Pool B: Fri: Rosedale (2 rounds)
                              Sat: Swope Regular (2 rounds)
                              Sun: Water Works

Advanced Men will be in Pool A, and probably Advanced Women, too.  There may be others in Pool A, just depends on the numbers in each division.

Everyone else (ams) in Pool B.

All of this is subject to change, but it's fairly solid.
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2007, 05:20:59 PM »
Rats...   I heard a rumor and started spreading it myself that the pros would get to play WyCo. The several pros I mentioned it to seemed pretty interested in that.

As long as you don't make the Advanced Mastes play Swope Gold again I'll be a happy camper......    ;D

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2007, 05:33:37 PM »
Is the final pro round going to be in the afternoon so Ams can come by and watch?

I'm pumped about playing in the Wide Open this year, but was hoping to be able to catch the Pro's final round on Swope Gold

bp

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2007, 12:04:01 AM »
That's why there's only one round for the Ams on Sunday morning. There will be a rolling start for the pros at Swope so the Ams will be finishing up and heading to Swope about the time the lead card starts. We will be able to watch most of the lead card's final round at Swope after playing a morning final round in the Am divisions.

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2007, 08:53:16 AM »
is there any more info coming regarding an informational document for KCWO potential sponsors?

i'd love to try to get sprint to pay my entry fee into the tournament, but i need something official to send to the sponsorship group

brian p

The Can tankerous A.N.G

• Pro Poster
  • Don't look now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2007, 10:39:54 AM »
Is Rosedale going to be the same length for both Am rounds on Friday, or will it go from regular/staggered to hella long?  :)

dananarama

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2007, 10:44:32 AM »
Have you checked out the sponsorship page here?  It looks pretty nice.  I am in a similar situation, though, needing something pretty spiffy to hand over to the boss.  Could someone generate a pdf of this page for folks like us to print out in color at work and stick in a presentation folder?  Also, I don't see a detail of the pricing per tee sign on the page.  That will be needed.

The website looks great, by the way.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2007, 11:00:24 AM »
Sponsorship stuff is in the works....I didn't make the last meeting but I heard there was some talk about it.  I have a couple people interested in sponsorship also...
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word