Author Topic: Recommend a driver, win no prizes!  (Read 2966 times)

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Recommend a driver, win no prizes!
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 08:29:19 AM »
Rob Martin
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
https://www.facebook.com/MaverickDiscGolf

Nova

• Pro Poster
  • I meant for it to do that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 10:36:49 AM »
I've seen those videos previously from another source, but they are excellent. Thanks!
Nova P. -- PDGA #74995 -- KCFDC #1860

ekolk

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 08:32:18 AM »
My best advice is this:

• There is no "Right" way to throw or "Right" disc to throw.  There is only the way/disc that works for you.  So take all advice with a gain of salt (mine included).
  • I never stop learning about how to do it better.  Personally I don't believe in "getting it" only getting better.
  • Most Important: Don't make radical changes!  Just tweak what you are comfortable with now.  Got a little heavier, Go a bit longer, Go a touch more overstable.

On the final point, if you are throwing 150's, take the same discs and step up to 160's.  Or If you are throwing a blizzard Leopard, try a blizzard TeeBird or a Blizzard Valkyrie or even a Blizzard Beast.  Or just step up to a 160 -165g Leopard.  In the end I think you are on the right path.

And don't listen to Bossy people. Haha

Great advice here. I can add to this that yes Beasts, Valks, Leopards are great. I throw a Valk or Beast 80% of the time and I have played for more than ten years. Being tall you probably have more arm speed than spin(wrist). My wife and I are tall like you and that's what works for us. Also, if you are a natural athlete, just go with what feels good. I threw an air bounce for years as it felt good. You will develop other styles if you stick with it.