Author Topic: Endicott/JB Open?  (Read 2015 times)

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Endicott/JB Open?
« on: February 17, 2007, 12:28:14 PM »
I think the wife and I will be going into St. Louis next week for these two C-tiers.  Anyone else planning on going?  The wife is really on the fence about playing; she doesn't want to be the only rec woman.

bp

andrew.jewett

Re: Endicott/JB Open?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 08:33:10 PM »
I am going with with a couiple of buddies and their significant others. I know that one of the girls will be playing for sure. You should come out. There is definitely no pressure in the rec division, and I can pretty much garauntee(I dont think that is spelled correctly) she will have fun. St. Louis is all about increasing the number of recreational players(it is a strategy aimed at increasing the general audience of disc golf in order to make it more mainstream) so I dont think there will be anything to worry about.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 09:31:13 PM »
she's decided to go now...look for the kcfdc bag tags and you'll find us

brian p

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 09:32:05 PM »
i saw that dan busenbarrick was going...leslie was hoping that his wife angela would be playing too; they played together at the RAC and had a good time...

brian p

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 10:34:54 PM »
i saw that dan busenbarrick was going...leslie was hoping that his wife angela would be playing too; they played together at the RAC and had a good time...

brian p

Hoping to go....watching the weather at the moment.  Pre-registration is a must, though.  Both tourneys have about 50 people registered already.

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

andrew.jewett

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 01:09:54 AM »
I am rolling out with Dan, and yes, Angie is playing. Should be a good ol' time.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 03:25:28 PM »
You may want to check the river city flyers web site. Unless you were pre-registered before today, you may be outta luck. It looks like they are full.

Angiemoe

Re: Endicott/JB Open
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 04:25:12 PM »
Yeppers, I am planning on playing Saturday; I am not playing Sunday, though.  It said the field was full for Saturday, but I e-mailed the guy. Hope it works out!

I am glad Leslie is also playing. I have never played any St.Louie events, b/c I don't know any women who play.

I know that Endicott is terribly hard, though. Lots of nasty old trees.  :-\

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 04:34:09 PM »
come on, you can play sunday too....

i know they'd probably let extra women in....

leslie wants me to use the jedi mind trick to convince you to play sunday as well ;)

brian p

Angiemoe

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 07:53:04 AM »
Actually, I noticed yesterday that the fields are closed. I signed up my spouse and forgot myself. I e-mailed the guy and he put me on the wait-list. I think I am 3rd or 4th on the list. What does that even mean? Am I going to get there and he won't let me play.  ???   That's not how we roll in KC.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 08:29:16 AM »
The same thing happened down at Z Boaz also....the sport is becoming very popular in the recent years and you have to actually commit to an event in advance....being a woman or a master is a plus becuase you have more of a chance getting let in than say an open or advanced player.

I could see within a year that all c tier and higher events will be manditory pre-registration.  It's not a matter of not wanting to let people play it's a matter of how many players the course can comfortably hold and play to and still have time to get 2 rounds in one day in.

Speaking of which...Kan-U-Wyco will most likely fill up also....
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 08:54:58 AM »
Speaking of which...Kan-U-Wyco will most likely fill up also....

Pre-registration strongly recommended. We had 81 at Wyco last year in a cold rain. If the weahter is half way decent it will likely fill. It will go smoother if most people are pre-registered. Online pre-registration is now available. Check the Kan-U-WyCo thread.

I have set a maximum of 90 for the Kan-U-WyCo which would put fivesomes on every hole. It will still make for a long day but daylight savings time starts that day. With patience and nice weather I expect it will turn out to be a nice tourney this year.

Have fun in St. Louis. Hope you all get to play if you are making the trip. I had considered it but I'm not going to make the drive if I'm not garanteed a spot at this point. I'll just go do some work out at Wyco instead  ;D
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Angiemoe

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 09:35:06 AM »
I think pre-registration is a good idea. I am just now kicking myself for not signing up last week when I should have. More and more people play, compete, and love the sport.

I know that pre-registering definitely makes it easier on the hard workers who put the tourneys together. For that, we love you guys. ;D

Angiemoe

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 11:03:46 AM »
You can tell Leslie that I will get to play on Saturday, regardless of the wait-list. Dan switched spots with me, since we already paid for him. He took the wait-list spot, and if he doesn't get to play, I'm making him caddy for me. Oh yeah.

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 11:36:24 AM »
You can tell Leslie that I will get to play on Saturday, regardless of the wait-list. Dan switched spots with me, since we already paid for him. He took the wait-list spot, and if he doesn't get to play, I'm making him caddy for me. Oh yeah.

Everyone that was on the waiting lists for both events, is now in the tournament.  They decided to go with 2 pools.

Ams play Endicott on Saturday, and Jefferson Barracks on Sunday.

Pros play Jefferson Barracks on Saturday, and Endicott on Sunday.

See you there!

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.