Author Topic: Lawrence Courses  (Read 768 times)

Angiemoe

Lawrence Courses
« on: February 21, 2007, 11:02:31 AM »
I noticed there is going to be a tourney in Lawrence later this year. I have never played the courses there. How many are there and how would you describe them? I may need to go check those out next weekend.

Stitanic

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Lawrence Courses
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 11:29:01 AM »
There are three courses in Lawrence

Centennial is the oldest (I think) and is not too long and can have some really tricky shots.  It is the course I frequent since I live about 3 minutes away. 

Favorite Hole = Either #7 (long downhill hole with a most-of-the-time dry creek in front of the pin) or #13 (shorter version of #7, except you can drive the creek on this one, and if you really fub a drive, you can hit the skaters to your right)

Hardest Hole = #17 at the long position - if you don't drive up the hill far enough, it is another long, blind shot to the basket

Least Favorite Hole = #16 - it is short, it is straight, a really, really, easy deuce, and I always seem to screw it up

There is also a course at Riverfront park.  I have played it twice in the dead of summer.  I don't really have anything positive to say except for how impressive their mosquito population is.  I will probably go at it again in the next week or so while everything is dead, but I would not recommend it during the summer.  Others will probably say different.

The third and newest course is at Clinton Park.  It would be my favorite if you didn't have to pay $6 - $7 to get into the park, but it is worth it a couple time a month.  It has a nice mix of wooded and open shots, and it just a real natural course.  Really nice to be away from civilization to play.
Over the line, Smokey! I'm sorry. That's a foul.

Angiemoe

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 02:13:52 PM »
Thanks for the update. I am definitely going out there in the next couple weekends. Out of curiousity, why is there a fee on the one course? Does it help pay for park upkeep or something?

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 02:23:03 PM »
pretty sure the fee is because the course is in a state park and everyone coming into the park in general pays the fee

bp

Angiemoe

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 04:00:20 PM »
I bet it is a really nice park, then. I must go and check these out.