Author Topic: Work Day on Saturday at Prairie Center  (Read 1016 times)

ptinkc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://end-of-the-web.com
Work Day on Saturday at Prairie Center
« on: August 26, 2015, 05:40:11 PM »
For those of you that can come out and help weed eat around the pond we will be working out there from 9am until 11am and please bring a weed eater with you! The weed eating will be from the drop zone to the basket and 360 degrees around the basket.
Thanks
Three discs' in the hand is better than twenty in the bag!

Crispian

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Work Day on Saturday at Prairie Center
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 06:11:43 PM »
Sorry I won't make it but be careful out there! Matt got two wasp stings on his leg from walking alongside the pond in the rough yesterday!
Crispian Lynn Paul PDGA #67456
Kansas City Disc Golf Diva
Former KCFDC Board Secretary
KCFDC Newsletter
crispianpaul@hotmail.com

Play disc golf. Move around. It's cool.

Rob H

• Am Poster
  • The Other Rob H.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 12:26:09 AM »
I will try to get a head start and hit it this week during the day.
I'd be a lot better at this game if it wasn't for all these dang trees.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 08:38:10 AM »
The parks guys acting on my request for help have been working on the hole 15 mowing. I'll be out there for a recon and basket move tonight. I will post the status tonight. If the pond is cleaned up satisfactorily, another area that needs weedeater is the entire tree line directly to the north of basket 16, and increasing the green to the east and around the basket to at least 10 meters. Thanks everybody!

Rob H

• Am Poster
  • The Other Rob H.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 01:01:29 PM »
16 has been started. About 1/3 done when my batteries wore out.  Looks like the parks people mowed around the basket.
I'd be a lot better at this game if it wasn't for all these dang trees.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 08:43:21 PM »
The City has mowed the pond shore, but it is still a little shaggy. Hitting the drop zone and the green with weedeaters Saturday will help make it look super nice.

If minor, low hanging limb trimming occurs, we need to remove them from the fairways, preferably hauling them either to the dumpster up by hole 17, or out of the park completely.  8) 8)

If time allows another place that could use some touch up is all along the top of the slope on hole 12, at the entrance to the wooded down slope.

If the Friday travelers want to be super nice guys, perhaps they could carry some trash bags with them, and pick up the mexican soccer folks water bottles along the tree line on hole 12, and any other misc trash around the courses?  8)