Author Topic: Need Help March 24th-Can you help?  (Read 434 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Need Help March 24th-Can you help?
« on: March 12, 2007, 12:48:23 PM »
Hey there everyone.  I am in need of your help.  We are going to be getting 200 railroad ties to be used at our courses from KC Southern Railroad.  We need to have 8 trucks that will be able to tow about 2000 lb's as I would like to have each truck carry about 25 ties on a trailer that we are working on for distribution to the courses that need it.  As of now, probably 75-100 are coming to Cliff Drive, 50 to Shawnee Mission, and the remainder TBD, but likely Rosedale and WW.

What I am looking for is volunteers with trucks, and then if you can find a helper, even better.  The theory that I have is that by having 8 trucks, and each truck with 2 people, we only have to move 25 ties a team.  Cliff Drive will have many of them put near the exit from the Down under section to create new stairs similar to what is there to go down.

Speaking of Cliff Drive, we will be getting earth moved in over the next few weeks to start to work on developing teeing areas.  Look for more changes as we continue to work on Cliff Drive.  There is a new Tee of TERROR on #3, that is just north of long placement #2, if you tee from there and go OB, you go down to the existing teeing area as a drop zone.

Please be sure to head out to leagues this week and have some fun with the extra weeks of disc'n.  Look for a meeting to be scheduled soon for the general membership as with the time change, the winter snuck right up on me, and I forgot to schedule one.  We should have it in April.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a note!!

Thanks,

Jack

--
===o  {>[]----

Jack Lowe
President-KCFDC
http://www.KCFDC.org
816.231.3622-H
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"