Author Topic: PDGA Basket Rules, and Regulation s  (Read 303 times)

Steve the Quiz Berry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
PDGA Basket Rules, and Regulation s
« on: March 18, 2015, 02:51:47 pm »
While playing a recent PDGA Sanctioned Event., I noticed a basket bent way down on one side, permitting a bigger target area from that side.It got me to wondering how that basket could be legal in a sanctioned event?
      Now I have also seen tempory holes , where baskets were used with the cheaper version temp baskets, with fewer chains.
    Ive also heard rumors of chain link size being smaller in Kansas, than in Missouri?
  But my question is what are the PDGA rules on basket sizes, and chain sizes or amout of chains? And bent ones from vandals?

SteelerDoug

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile

Steve the Quiz Berry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: PDGA Basket Rules, and Regulation s
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 03:45:31 pm »
Doug ive looked at approved sizes from the many manufacturers. I do not see anything about baskets that are bent in a way that would make it illegal.
   But if its bent in a way , that causes it to be bigger than the approved PDGA specs from that manufacture, then would'nt  it be an illegal basket?
    The list of basket manufacturers , and variation in sizes is kinda huge?

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 05:29:21 pm »
This is a really good question. I wonder if it is similar to the ruling on a disc that is damaged? I will say that I can see how you would see it as being a bigger target, but from my experience if it is bent downward it can actually make it harder to catch depending on your putting style. I've had putts spit out because the basket portion was too low and didn't stop my disc when it bounced backward off the pole. Either way, I am curious how this is ruled. Good question. Hopefully someone has an answer on here.
PDGA 39363

SteelerDoug

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 08:21:13 pm »
This is how it should work.

Any target that does not meet the tech specs for a pdga tourney "should" either

a - have a waiver from pdga to allow it, or
b - bag it and use an approved temp.

Since it's the TD final call though, and everyone is playing it,  it's "allowed" by the pdga at TD discretion.

You do have valid argument too.