Author Topic: New Players League - Monday's  (Read 12861 times)

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
New Players League - Monday's
« on: March 13, 2007, 09:42:08 PM »
Just a friendly message for all the New and Developing players.  There is a FREE league on Monday nights at Rosedale park 5:30 tee off.  Steve is the guy you need to look for at the course.

Thanks,

-Dennis
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

gunar

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New Players League - Monday's
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 04:16:43 AM »
Is this still going on? I would like to play some organized golf. I am just a hack wanting to get better!

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 06:05:13 PM »
This is currently on hold until the Spring.  But most of the guys who have played in the New Players League for the last year or so are still showing up at Rosedale on Mondays to play Glow golf.  We tee off at 6pm Snow, Ice, or whatever.

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 03:04:25 PM »
New Players Disc Golf League
Sponsored by:

The Kansas City Flying Disc Club

When: Monday Evenings Sign-up at 5:00pm Tee Time 5:30pm
Where: Rosedale Disc Golf Course
What:  A free Developmental League for players of all Skill levels, including Women and young adults.

If you’ve ever wanted to play Disc Golf in an organized setting but, didn’t think your skills where up to Par then this is the league for you.  This league is geared towards developing your skills in a competitive setting while having a good time.  We will be recording everyone progress with scores and averages so you can see how you improve.  It is open to anyone and everyone, with prizes for most improved average, most attendance and other fun prizes.   There is no cost to play, however we will have a season long ACE pot that is an optional $1.  Come join us this year starting March 10th 2008 at 5:00pm and visit www.kcfdc.org for more details, or contact Steve Harris at 816-985-1884.

jpenny44

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 03:31:53 PM »
Does the new players league aleays get started right at 5:30?  I would like to play this evening, but I don't think that I will be able to make it there by 5:30.  Probably 5:40 is a bit more realistic.  Anyone know that has played in this league before?

Thanks
Jason

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 03:44:54 PM »
jason,

typically once daylight savings time is over, the weekly leagues start at 6:00 PM.

brian p

jpenny44

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 04:01:14 PM »
How about before daylight savings time?  Does the league normally get started right at 5:30, or does it typically start a little after?  Basically, just wondering if it is worth my time to head down and be a little late and run the risk of not getting to play in the league, or if I should just go play at WW and not have to rush.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 04:03:30 PM »
i should've been more clear in respect to dates..

the 5-5:30 times are typically for early spring when there isn't enough daylight for a league round.

when time "sprung forward" this year, the league times all moved to 6:00.

TRANSLATION: if you wanted to play tonight, it would be fine to show up at 6:00  :)

ps-i'm not 100% sure of this, but i know that all of the other leagues are now starting at 6.

jpenny44

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 04:08:46 PM »
Great, thanks for the info!

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 04:25:55 PM »
I'm almost certain the new player's league starts at 6.  Bushwhackers will see you out there tonight!

chawman

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 01:32:16 PM »
so is that every Monday night?
how many players can you expect to compete with and is 4+ at Rose worthy of competition? ???

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 01:38:53 PM »
I think there's normally a good amount of people out there.  10+.  I've started going to Cliff Drive now that league is back to Mondays.  But the new player's league is a nice casual league.

TomKC

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 12:28:37 AM »
This sounds great. Hopefully the weather will start cooperating and I can give it a try this coming Monday.

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 04:47:33 PM »
I think they had about 12 two weeks ago.
Jim Sherwood

TomKC

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 09:58:07 PM »
Play my first round with this group tonight. This was only my second attempt at the sport and I just wanted to say thanks to Steve, Jeffrey and Brad for their patience and useful tips. Thanks guys.