Author Topic: New Players League - Monday's  (Read 11910 times)

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New Players League - Monday's
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 03:10:04 PM »
CLARIFICATION:

The KC league system is split into DST season and Non-DST season.

DST season runs, well, during DST.  Leagues will start at 5 or 530  during the earliest and latest weeks of DST, because dusk still comes fairly early.  Most of the season leagues start at 6.

My understanding has been that the NPL was going to stay at 530, but I'm not certain of that.

New Players Disc Golf League
Sponsored by:

The Kansas City Flying Disc Club

When: Monday Evenings Sign-up at 5:00pm Tee Time 5:30pm
Where: Rosedale Disc Golf Course
What:  A free Developmental League for players of all Skill levels, including Women and young adults.

If you’ve ever wanted to play Disc Golf in an organized setting but, didn’t think your skills where up to Par then this is the league for you.  This league is geared towards developing your skills in a competitive setting while having a good time.  We will be recording everyone progress with scores and averages so you can see how you improve.  It is open to anyone and everyone, with prizes for most improved average, most attendance and other fun prizes.   There is no cost to play, however we will have a season long ACE pot that is an optional $1.  Come join us this year starting March 10th 2008 at 5:00pm and visit www.kcfdc.org for more details, or contact Steve Harris at 816-985-1884.
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 11:20:30 AM »
no beginners leagues on those nights, but you could just go out and play the Waterworks league (Thursday) or the WyCo league (Friday).  There is a fee to play these leagues, but you'll still have fun with everyone there and you may even learn a few things by playing with the big arms!

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 11:53:17 AM »
5 or 6 bucks and starts at 6.  it's worth every penny.

Ksharp

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 11:25:44 AM »
How do you get in touch with someone from the waterworks league? Id really like to start playing league events and develop my game further.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 11:44:57 AM »
Just show up on Thursday night at WaterWorks and ask for Ted Keith.

Jerry Patterson KCFDC #1610

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 03:18:08 PM »
Is there still a league?

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 03:29:33 PM »
It should be starting up again this spring as usual. Look for start dates and times to be posted within the next few weeks. Waiting for daylight saving time to kick in.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

WrongfulLeaf

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 12:28:10 AM »
Jerry, I believe that Ben is planning on starting up beginners league "unofficially" the first week of March. But then starting at 5 after daylight savings time. I'm actually kinda surprised he hasn't posted anything yet so I will shoot him a text tomorrow. Oh and welcome to the area! I have some PTO time I gotta use up before April so I will be out there every Monday in March.

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 08:20:27 AM »
8) Sunset Times for March Monday's 8)

March 5 ~ 6:19pm
March 12 ~ 7:26pm
March 19 ~ 7:33pm
March 26: ~ 7:40pm
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

BenC

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 04:06:17 PM »
New players league has been moved back to Monday nights.  I will be out at the course Monday, March 12 at 5:00pm to start things off unofficially.  I will be getting people out as fast as I have a card to start them.  Yes, the sun will be setting around 7:30 but we still have approximately 30 minutes of twilight to finish the round or, because it is unofficial, decide to call it a night.  We may even just start off with some random draw doubles.
  We had some great numbers last year and I hope to build on that this year.  I have some ideas that should make this year even better than last year, but the only thing I can post right now is more mini clinics.

spnachio

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 07:23:47 PM »
Is new playas league always at rosie?  It would be sweet to move it around(location) maybe one week per month.  Just thinkin out loud.  I think prairie center, cliff, and this will all fall on mondays.

Jerry Patterson KCFDC #1610

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 11:47:28 AM »
@ rosedale league tonight????

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 11:49:22 AM »
New players league has been moved back to Monday nights. I will be out at the course Monday, March 12 at 5:00pm to start things off unofficially.  I will be getting people out as fast as I have a card to start them.  Yes, the sun will be setting around 7:30 but we still have approximately 30 minutes of twilight to finish the round or, because it is unofficial, decide to call it a night.  We may even just start off with some random draw doubles.
  We had some great numbers last year and I hope to build on that this year.  I have some ideas that should make this year even better than last year, but the only thing I can post right now is more mini clinics.

Dietz

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2012, 11:55:24 AM »
Ok, just wanted to make sure I was reading all of this correctly:

Beginers League at Rosie

Starts at 5Pm

Every Monday
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

BenC

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2012, 03:12:47 PM »
No, I will be at the course to get people started at 5:00 next monday.  It will be like that until next month when the days are longer.  When leagues officially start, the time will probably get moved back to 5:30 depending on daylight.  It will always be on Monday, but it will be moved to Swope when there is a mini clinic planned and there will be plenty of notice when that happens.