Author Topic: New Players League - Monday's  (Read 13092 times)

rickrose2007

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: New Players League - Monday's
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2012, 12:46:42 PM »
Where is NPL this week? I know the sign said Swope but last week they were at Swope. I want to make sure I am at the right place tonight.
Where'd my disc go?
KCFDC #:  1472
PDGA#:  54955

BenC

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2012, 01:28:30 PM »
Tonight we will be starting at 5:30 and continue to do so until the end of the season.

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://end-of-the-web.com
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2012, 11:01:05 AM »
World Champion David Feldberg will be in town and at Rosedale on Tuesday and Wednesday nights for a Driving Clinic that will start at 5pm each night. This Clinic will last an hour and Dave will show how he drives with accuracy and power. This clinic will be great for players of all levels.
Three discs' in the hand is better than twenty in the bag!

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2013, 08:43:41 AM »
Just wanted to let all the new players and women know that after talking to Ben and Rhonda and how well the clinics went last year that Dynamic Discs will be presenting more clinics for the Monday leagues. We will start these earlier this year so we wont get into your playing time unless you want to stick around for additional tips.
The first league of the season is Monday April 1 and Laron "Whoman" Harris will be at Rosedale at 5:00pm to start a weekly series of clinics and really go in depth on the strategies of disc golf and how to approach everything from your discs to the shots your about to throw.
For those new players that havent heard of Laron Whoman Harris he is a Professional Disc Golfer that played at the highest level around the Midwest and won many PDGA events. He is also a great teacher of the game and Eric McCabe credits Laron as being his Mentor growing up in the sport.
Also Innova Pro Ken "Tank" Franks will be doing a few clinics also later in the month and I will let you know when that will happen. Ken is another great teacher and his "On Tour" expierence is priceless.

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2013, 03:40:09 PM »
See you tonight for the Clinic with Laron at Rosedale Park!

Pike

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2013, 01:22:25 PM »
Do you still hold a "beginners league" on Mondays at Rosedale? The calendar only shows Ladies night tonight. I am a beginner but I am not a lady.

Utz

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2013, 01:44:33 PM »
Pike, although we need to advertise it better, New players/Rec league is on Monday at Rosedale. same time as the Ladies league. Certainly attend and check out the LaRon demo!
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2013, 01:47:26 PM »
And depending on what part of the city you live in there is also a new players league at pleasant hill on Thursdays. Tee off at 6pm.
Calm down, this is just for fun.

Utz

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2013, 01:56:25 PM »
And depending on what part of the city you live in there is also a new players league at pleasant hill on Thursdays. Tee off at 6pm.

^^^ This ^^^

So we cater to any area and time of the week! ( didnt mean to forget about ya Aaron :) )
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

mjohn1981

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2014, 10:50:20 AM »
Is this something that's still going on? I don't mind paying a fee and will most likelybe joining the club this weekend. I'm honestly looking to work on developing a run up this spring (currently throwing from a stand still or one-step). I typically play Shawnee Mission. I haven't played Rosedale yet. Any advice on where to go or what to join would help.
PDGA # 64386
KCFDC # 1700
KCFDC 2014 Bag Tag # 281
DD KC Bag Tag # 196

DiscDisc Byrd

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2014, 07:46:29 PM »
Hey marc. Hows it going. Its steve that played with you and the other guys at blue valley the other day. If you want to play rosedale on a day you have off just let me know. I'm free after 2:30 everyday. Be more than happy to work with you getting a run up off the tee that works for you. You have my number. Give me a call or text anytime. If an olathe course works better for you that's fine too. By the way we be at waterworks at 2:30 tomorrow.
Steve keithley

mjohn1981

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2014, 10:55:02 AM »
Hi Steve,
That would be great meeting at Rosedale. Im working all weekend so the only day I'll be free is next Monday, 3/17. If you're free then, let me know.
- Marc
PDGA # 64386
KCFDC # 1700
KCFDC 2014 Bag Tag # 281
DD KC Bag Tag # 196

WebGuyShy

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2014, 12:32:04 PM »
As a newbie to Kansas City and a relative newcomer to the game... is this still going on? There seem to be a lot of league nights for more advanced players but I can't figure out where to start.

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2014, 12:48:38 PM »
As a newbie to Kansas City and a relative newcomer to the game... is this still going on? There seem to be a lot of league nights for more advanced players but I can't figure out where to start.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe New Players League will start with the rest of leagues this year, which will put that on Monday March 31st.  You should definitely get out and try it out.  There is a good group of guys always playing on Mondays, and the more newbies the better!!
Joe Hesting

helkite01

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2014, 08:03:11 AM »
WHERE IS THE MONDAY BEGINNERS LEAGUE GOING TO BE AT?
David Blackburn
KCFDC# 1687
TAG #79