Author Topic: 2016 Kansas City Wide Open - May 6-8, 2016  (Read 17146 times)

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Awesome at things. Many, mini things.
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Kansas City Wide Open - May 6-8, 2016
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2016, 03:05:26 PM »
I'm still in need of about 10 more volunteers to spot at least Saturday and Sunday if not all three days. Please contact me asap so I can schedule you for a course. You will get a snazzy shirt and if you work all day we will even buy you a sammie.
Dick Parker
• 2014-16 Kansas City Wide Open Tournament Director
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper
• KCFDC Membership Guru

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2016, 07:54:55 PM »
I'm still in need of about 10 more volunteers to spot at least Saturday and Sunday if not all three days. Please contact me asap so I can schedule you for a course. You will get a snazzy shirt and if you work all day we will even buy you a sammie.

For anyone who is willing to work as a spotter during the Wide Open. Please come to Swope park on Thursday 5/5 at 4:30 PM for a volunteer meeting. I will get you a shirt to wear and go over what hole you will work and when you will work it. If you can not make that meeting, please contact me and let me know where you can be and what days/times you can work. Thanks.
Dick Parker
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper
• KCFDC Membership Guru

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2016, 11:45:48 AM »
Here is a link to the 2016 KCWO Caddy Book. Please let us know if you have any questions so we can address them all. Thanks

2016 KCWO CADDY BOOK
Dick Parker
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper
• KCFDC Membership Guru

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2016, 01:58:43 PM »
So player check in is Thursday Noon - 5pm, player party 6-9pm, but player pack pick up isn't until 7:30?  Couldn't we just check in at 6pm and get the PP after 7:30? 

Not sure I'm understanding the point of having a check in Thursday afternoon other than to say, 'I'm here' when that can also be done 1 hour before tee time on Friday.
Rob Martin
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
https://www.facebook.com/MaverickDiscGolf

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2016, 02:58:27 PM »
Am's won't get their players pack until after the opening ceremonies.

So you got it....
Not sure I'm understanding the point of having a check in Thursday afternoon other than to say, 'I'm here' when that can also be done 1 hour before tee time on Friday.

Not sure what you don't understand when you said exactly what it is....  You can check in and then you don't have to wait in line to get checked in, it will save you time...  Plus there are other divisions than yours that can get their items.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2016, 03:12:36 PM »
So player check in is Thursday Noon - 5pm, player party 6-9pm, but player pack pick up isn't until 7:30?  Couldn't we just check in at 6pm and get the PP after 7:30? 

When you check in it let's us know that you are here. You can check-in at the party as well. But, maybe you're in town at Swope but have plans and can't make it in to the player's meeting. Players' packs are being given away all at the same time. It helps get people to the party. Because free food and drink is never enough. I know it sounds mean but I really want people to enjoy the dinner and party I put together and this is a good way to help get that accomplished. When you check in you do get your event shirt and caddy book though because everyone, including pros get that benefit. So it's nice to get that out of the way before tee times.

If you don't go to the party you can get your package during the event at Swope. You just can't get it before everyone else does that night. It's my way of creating an atmosphere. It may suck, it may be awesome. Who knows.
Dick Parker
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper
• KCFDC Membership Guru

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2016, 09:10:21 AM »
Am's won't get their players pack until after the opening ceremonies.

So you got it....

Not sure what you don't understand when you said exactly what it is....  You can check in and then you don't have to wait in line to get checked in, it will save you time...  Plus there are other divisions than yours that can get their items.....

Jack, sometimes I think you try extra hard to be a jerk.  Kudos.
Rob Martin

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2016, 09:11:25 AM »

When you check in it let's us know that you are here. You can check-in at the party as well. But, maybe you're in town at Swope but have plans and can't make it in to the player's meeting. Players' packs are being given away all at the same time. It helps get people to the party. Because free food and drink is never enough. I know it sounds mean but I really want people to enjoy the dinner and party I put together and this is a good way to help get that accomplished. When you check in you do get your event shirt and caddy book though because everyone, including pros get that benefit. So it's nice to get that out of the way before tee times.

If you don't go to the party you can get your package during the event at Swope. You just can't get it before everyone else does that night. It's my way of creating an atmosphere. It may suck, it may be awesome. Who knows.

See Jack - this is actual information.  Your response...well, it was just someone being a jack@#$

Thank you Mr. Parker for a useful response.  I appreciate it.  I'm sure I'm not the only one as well.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:15:12 AM by robm »
Rob Martin

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2016, 12:52:01 PM »
Still in need of spotters, specifically for Friday at Blue Valley.

We could use your help at ensuring that the rounds run quicker with your help.

If you are interested, please show up at Swope at 4:30 on Thursday would be ideal, or show up at the course and ask what you can do.

Depending on your time given we have a few nice goodies for your support and help of the Wide Open as this is the most critical piece now for us to give the players, the support of helping make life easier for them.

Thanks,

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2016, 01:06:20 PM »
Still looking for more and more volunteers, can you help out?

Also looking for photographers, specifically on Sunday at Swope....hit me up with a PM if you can help.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jwaldron

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2016, 11:14:33 AM »
Dick & Jack,
I am willing to be a volunteer for spotting if you need me, but it will have to be after my rounds...Let me know

Nova

• Pro Poster
  • I meant for it to do that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2016, 01:34:23 AM »
really want people to enjoy the dinner and party I put together and this is a good way to help get that accomplished. When you check in you do get your event shirt and caddy book though because everyone, including pros get that benefit. So it's nice to get that out of the way before tee times.
I'm totally going to be there for beer and food and people, and to pick up a tee and caddy book. I like this plan. It's a great plan. 

Oh yeah and I'll be selling crap to raise funds for Worlds.  ;D
Nova P. -- PDGA #74995 -- KCFDC #1860

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2016, 10:01:44 PM »
Tee times are not in the normal spot.  Go here:

http://www.pdga.com/kcwo
Rob Martin

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2016, 10:03:08 PM »
BTW - thank you for the wonderful player pack.  It was very personalized and I love it.  It is greatly appreciated it.  I think giving them out at the player's party was a great idea.  I just wasn't understanding why someone would check in during the afternoon if they could also check it at the player's party. 

Thanks
Rob Martin

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2016, 10:31:01 PM »
This is a RACE WEEKEND at the Kansas Speedway...so all who are traveling from the West on I-70 should possibly plan on traffic delays at Eastern Terminal toll~booth as well as near The Legends = K-7/110th St/I-435 exits. 
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!