Author Topic: 2016 Kansas City Wide Open - May 6-8, 2016  (Read 19014 times)

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Awesome at things. Many, mini things.
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Kansas City Wide Open - May 6-8, 2016
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 06:49:53 AM »
Most every division will be offered in the registration process. There will be some not offered initially due to history of registrants. If you are in that camp, you may contact us and let us know you are interested in said division and it will be added. As we get closer to the event, if the division has not received enough people, you will be asked whether or not you want to go to another division that you qualify for or if you want a refund.
Dick Parker
• 2014-16 Kansas City Wide Open Tournament Director
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper
• KCFDC Membership Guru

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 08:35:49 AM »
Most every division will be offered in the registration process. There will be some not offered initially due to history of registrants. If you are in that camp, you may contact us and let us know you are interested in said division and it will be added. As we get closer to the event, if the division has not received enough people, you will be asked whether or not you want to go to another division that you qualify for or if you want a refund.

That is a good answer and is exactly what I do as a TD for the tournaments I run.  Thanks.

Rob Martin
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
https://www.facebook.com/MaverickDiscGolf

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 09:11:04 AM »
I guess that this falls on me as it always has been my own assumption that all divisions are offered (At least when I run events I have NEVER NOT OFFERED a division), so I apologize for my assumption on that part.  I just have never had an event in the over 100 I have ran not offer a division.....  I don't pay attention to how others do their registration, and since I am not an age protected female, it never crossed my mind. ....solely based on the knowledge that to me, we offer every division....so again entirely on me!

Sorry!
How does someone sign up for a division that is not offered in the registration process?
I think that what Jack's implied is that all of the the divisions will be offered in the registration process. 

. . . right?

This is correct!  (at least I thought it would be!!)

It is awesome...from my perspective. I'm helping others ask the right questions.
How does someone sign up for a division that is not offered in the registration process?

Yep I think that Rob caught the disconnect that I was having.  Thanks Rob.--And of course thanks to Mr. Parker for seeing the question the right way as well with his response!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 09:16:58 AM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Nova

• Pro Poster
  • I meant for it to do that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2015, 09:17:30 AM »
No worries. We are all shaped by different experiences, and bring different perspectives to the discussion as a result. I'm glad to know more about how the WO's registration will be run. Thanks for taking the time to answer.
Nova P. -- PDGA #74995 -- KCFDC #1860

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 09:34:21 AM »
The biggest thing is that we now have these awesome websites that do registration for us. In that we can set them up with limited fields in each division. Since we limit the total field of players, we need to guess what divisions will likely be there. In the past it was all done on a spreadsheet and we were responsible. Technology has made things much easier in a way. That being said if something isn't "offered" it's because of the past registrants.  If you say you want to play, then we just have to adjust our numbers from other divisions to make it work feasibly. Hopefully that makes the process a little easier to understand. Or not.

Divisions that will not be offered at first will be things like Legends and Female Pro Grand Masters, as those are not something we typically get. Those will be offered if someone requests the division though.
Dick Parker
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper
• KCFDC Membership Guru

jteater

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 09:37:25 AM »
So now once again back to the awesomeness of the event.

Jack/Dick, can you create a one person division for me, that way I can finally win something and you can give me a trophy. Thanks, let
me know when I can sign up for that.  :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 09:39:12 AM by jteater »

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2015, 10:15:39 AM »
So now once again back to the awesomeness of the event.

Jack/Dick, can you create a one person division for me, that way I can finally win something and you can give me a trophy. Thanks, let
me know when I can sign up for that.  :)

We call that the TD award......all your buddy!  All yours!   ;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 09:22:26 AM »
Registration is now OPEN for the 34th Kansas City Wide Open. This is a PDGA NT event. The registration is Tiered based on your rating. So currently the NT side which features the MPO and FPO dvisions is open to the top rated players. Each Monday it will open up to more ratings based on the table set by the PDGA. You can find that link here:
 http://www.discgolfunited.com/…/tournament-da…/tourn_id/3611

The A-Tier portion of the event, which features the Age-Based Pro Men and Women is open to anyone that qualifies for those divisions. You can sign up here: http://www.discgolfunited.com/…/tournament-da…/tourn_id/3612

The Performance Flight, which is our new format for this year's Kansas City Wide Open, registration is also open. Like the NT it is tiered registration. Although, the lower rated players (0-900) are allowed to register first. The higher rated players will get their opportunity over the next few weeks. That registration can be found here: http://www.discgolfunited.com/…/tournament-da…/tourn_id/3613

All divisions are limited so when your opportunity to register opens up, we suggest you get signed up at that time.

Good Luck and we can't wait to see you in May!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2016, 10:21:17 AM »
Perhaps it is posted, but what courses are being played for the KCWO in 2016?

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2016, 10:26:32 AM »
It hasn't been posted yet. We are using Swope Gold for sure. We are finalizing our 2nd location.
Dick Parker
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper
• KCFDC Membership Guru

jteater

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2016, 12:12:48 PM »
Since I have never been part of a Performance Flight tournament can you answer some stupid questions I have. How many rounds will be played.
Will there be one round friday, saturday, and sunday.  Will these rounds be flighted by how well you did against your par. What courses will be used
for these rounds, any idea yet. Thanks in advance for answering these questions nicely and not treating me like I'm stupid. 

BT03

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • DGCR Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2016, 12:28:19 PM »
Someone should tell Schusterick he signed up for the wrong flight. Unless there's another Will Schusterick from Madison, TN or he somehow aged 17 years in the last couple days.  ;D
Bryan Thomas
Occasionally Mediocre
Tennis Convert
KCFDC 1816

jhinck2

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2016, 12:47:54 PM »
He's aware.
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2016, 02:00:33 PM »
Right now there are a few glitches with the site for registration.

We are aware of them, and working to fix them.  Please be mindful of the ratings level to sign up.  You don't want to sign up and then not be eligible.

As for the performance flight and the NT, this much is more than certain.....

Everyone will be playing the same courses:

Swope Gold configuration

Blue Valley-TBD configuration or another KCMO Park if parks approve (really though 90% positive probably moving to BV just easier on everyone involved with the 8 week move up on the event this year....)

Rounds will be based on Tee Times for the first 2 days (Friday and Saurday) will be only 1 round a day.  Sunday is still being discussed and we will have EXACT information before the end of the week.

Performance flight is giving you a rating on the course based off your rating (think like handicaps here) so even though you shot a 99 your adjusted score may only be a 79.  You need to have a PDGA rating, and once registered we put it together you will know what you are looking at for "par for you" on the course.  Based off your PDGA rating.

I hope that helps!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"