Author Topic: 2009 Pro/Am & Jr. World Championships  (Read 20710 times)

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 Pro/Am & Jr. World Championships
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2009, 10:50:05 AM »
Bill Burns (in Dallas TX) suggests we setup a Super-Class course. Ugh...

http://www.discgolfersr.us/xn/detail/1809917:Comment:1426591

Honestly, I think it would be a good idea for public relations at the World's -- teach them how to "fly" BEFORE teaching them how to "play". It would be easier to hook newcomers with something that actually flies vs. something with a mind of it's own. But, we all know Distance is king.

If we do anything like that with spectators, it would be on the junior course at Blue Valley on Saturday (but we might use part of that for the final 9 as well.....it's yet to be determined), but I promise you we will not be having any Super Class courses or demos at Worlds this year. Bill will have to be disappointed.

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

FLEX

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2009, 07:27:30 PM »
its hard to follow, exactly what courses advanced pools are playing. Are we all not playing the exact courses. looks like pool Q is the only one who is playing Waterworks and another one of the top listed courses.  Shouldnt we all be playing the same courses.

Im obviously confused ???

Keizer

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2009, 10:06:46 AM »
Note however, that all courses will keep the same pin settings through out the week.

Is that meant to avoid confusion or something? I was looking forward to moving a couple pins between the 2 rounds the pros are playing at Cliff, but there goes that idea...

Keizer

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2009, 11:05:37 AM »
Aw, c'mon, you sure each of us CCs can't pick just one hole on our course that will change between rounds? You know, just to mix things up a little bit?

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2009, 03:09:26 PM »
Yes.  They will not be moving pins during the week, or actually the 3 weeks prior to the event.  Actually, if we have the pins in place by the Wide Open, why bother moving them.  We can groom the courses to those pins in place, and get it ready for the big dance.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2009, 11:48:13 PM »
Yes.  They will not be moving pins during the week, or actually the 3 weeks prior to the event.  Actually, if we have the pins in place by the Wide Open, why bother moving them.  We can groom the courses to those pins in place, and get it ready for the big dance.
Moving pins between the WO and Worlds will help reduce over traffic abuse of the grass areas around the pins we'll use for worlds. 

Yeah, there's 2 months between the Wide Open and Worlds.  The pins will have to be moved during that time, but the courses should probably be set up in their Worlds positions about a week in advance of Worlds (I'd say no later than July 17).  I don't think we'll have to do it much earlier than that.

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2009, 09:58:30 PM »
i think those courses that have cashen sleeves should get marked with paint or something to indicate it if possible, so people can visually think about it even with out the signs.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2009, 10:49:30 AM »
i think those courses that have cashen sleeves should get marked with paint or something to indicate it if possible, so people can visually think about it even with out the signs.
Yep.  Golden yellow for the Worlds pins.  That's also the color they will be indicated by on the tee signs and in the caddy books.

That sounds like a great idea!

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2009, 02:08:58 PM »
Wrapping some colored duct tape around the poles (or perhaps the top-half) in a striped pattern seems like a durable alternative, fwiw.  How about School Bus Yellow or Racing Orange?

http://www.ptipackaging.com/Qstore/p001341.htm
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2009, 02:57:24 PM »
Yep.  Golden yellow for the Worlds pins.  That's also the color they will be indicated by on the tee signs and in the caddy books.

That's a solid plan.

Chap

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2009, 03:22:11 PM »
we will make it happen then, that also ensures no confusion from us as to the layout, and we can be sure that the distances are exactly accurate.

We will need to do some tweaking at Blue Valley, and also incorporate some type of marking system to indicate when you are like 250-300' out
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

FLEX

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2009, 02:23:45 PM »
I think it would be great to set up distance markers on the really long courses.....

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2009, 08:46:39 AM »
I was wondering if anyone had a HIGH QUALITY .jpg/.eps/.psd file version of the Worlds LOGO?  I need it to complete my Icebowl Video.  Just email it to me at dick.parker@hotmail.com asap please.  I also would not mind a copy of the BANNER on the front page of the website.  I could incorporate them together to make a cool screenshot.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 08:49:27 AM by dickthediscparker »
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

datfunkymonkey

« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2009, 02:20:57 AM »
hey chappy/jack, i havent forgotten about taking the test and helping out, but when is the next mtg/work day/"get together", so i have a day to put in my little black book/phone/crumpled up peice of paper on my bedside table?

MoLewis

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2009, 07:49:04 AM »
I noticed that the course schedule for worlds has changed.   Is this the final revision.  I see the Jr's are playing SMP and Rosedale DU.  Are there plans to put in concrete pads?