Author Topic: Welcome to KC kids disc golf!  (Read 1098 times)

a.crowe

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Welcome to KC kids disc golf!
« on: April 12, 2017, 04:09:26 PM »
I am glad you found your way to this board! My goals for this page are:

Direct communication.
Parents need a way to communicate about kids disc golf without sorting through all the other club or women’s stuff. We are busy people; we need easy access to the information we need when we need it.

Finding friends.
We have a community of kids in KC who are beginning to experience dg in a way that makes them want to learn more, but they want and need to find other people to play with who are like themselves...kids...interested in kid things...like bugs and creeks and whistling with an acorn top while they throw their round.

Fair comparisons.
When I started playing 6 years ago, I only threw with my husband. Shocker...he was way better than me. It was frustrating and discouraging. The first time I went to Divas league, I saw that there were people who played like me and scored like me. It helped me to start comparing myself to myself, rather than to other players. It allowed me to see my own progress. It was the thing that really got me hooked.

Passion & vision for the future.
No one in KC could have created the KC Diva Spring Feeva except Rhonda Crosby. She has the magic combination of passion and know-how that produced a women only event that surpassed expectations in its very first year. I don’t want every TD or LD trying to run a big juniors field, but some of us can. No one knows where the next Scott Reek or Paul McBeth or Pete Cashen or Paige Pierce is going to come from. They excel at what they bring to disc golf, and someone, somewhere got them hooked. Kansas City has a group of adults and juniors with the passion to grow the sport for kids.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 04:12:19 PM by a.crowe »

ikester69

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to KC kids disc golf!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 10:30:46 AM »
My family will help any way we can. I would love to see the KC kids sweep worlds next year since it is so close. We just have to help them.