Author Topic: 2018 East Side Team Page  (Read 872 times)

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
2018 East Side Team Page
« on: February 28, 2018, 09:46:23 AM »
Okie dokie, here are some updates on the team challenge for 2018. Due to conflict with the Mid America Open A-tier on June 23-24, 2018, the 2018 East vs. West Team Challenge will be re-scheduled for Friday July 6, 2018 (1 rd at MO course) and Saturday July 7, 2018 (2 rds at KS courses). We are also having Sunday July 8, 2018 reserved in case there is a rain makeup needed. Joe Hesting (captain for the west side team) and myself (captain for the East side team) worked together to find a suitable date.  This reschedule was confirmed by KCFDC Board as I was notified by President Timko a few days ago.

For qualifiers, I am waiting until May to start having them, but here's what I know today. Here are the tournaments that I am going to use:

May 6, 2018 City of Fountains
May 12, 2018 Diva Feeva
June 3, 2018 Eastern Front - Battle at Cliff Drive
June 8-10, 2018 Kansas City Wide Open

I will also use leagues at Waterworks and Bad Rock Creek, but I am not sure of the dates yet. They will be announced later. I will also be having a match play event either June 23 or 24 to finalize the team. Most likely it will be Saturday June 23rd, but that is a ways out so we will see which exact date I will use. It will be 2 rounds during one of the days (Sat or Sun, not both). Before this final qualifier (6/23 or 6/24) you will need to be current with the club (be a KCFDC member) or I will select someone who is to take your spot. In order to play in this event, you have to be a club member. No debate on this. For the women, there will be 1 or 2 chosen from Diva Feeva, 1 or 2 from the KCWO, and if needed 1 chosen as captain's pick. For the men, there will be 6 events (3 tournaments, 2 leagues, and the final qualifier) to make the team. I will take at least one man from each of the 6 qualifiers, but I would like the option to take up to 5 men at an event if it is particularly strong group. For example, last year I used City of Fountains for a qualifier, which had 39 open players and was a very strong field. The top 6 MO players from it were: Chris Clemons, Jamie Loveall, Mike Murphy, Jake Lazzo, CD Steiner, and Jake Bowen. I want all of these great players on the team. I ended up being only taking 3 and that was due to a tie. The rest had to qualify at another event. With ties, potential issues with being a club member, and variations in strength of player pools at events, I would like this flexibility to be able to make the team. Same methodology would apply to the ladies, I will take at least one at each of their qualifiers, but may take 2 from an event if there is a good pool of players to choose from and they express interest in the Team Challenge event. 

We will again be ordering shirts sometime in June, but I have don't have the exact date yet. It may be before the final team is set. For those that have played before and already have shirts, this won't be an issue. So if you hope to be on the team and don't have a shirt you will need to get me money for shirts to me before they are ordered. The have been $20 per shirt and you will need a home shirt (black) and away (grey). The last cost thing I need to mention is the $10 we collect for the event which is for the tree fund. That can be collected the day of the event. But if you aren't able to pay, then there is no guarantee I will play you in the event.

My plan is to maximize the roster again and deal with the fallout of not everyone getting to play all the rounds. Last year we had 23 on each team, I don't expect that to change. 16 men qualifiers, 2 women qualifiers, 5 captain choices (4 men & 1 woman). However, we only play a total of 18 each round of the team challenge. Thus, there are 5 people that have to sit out each round. Everyone is a competitor and wants to play and hard decisions have to be made. Every year this is an issue and people's feeling get hurt. I anticipate that everyone on the team will play at least 1 round, but beyond that I am trying to make the best matchups and win the team challenge for the East Side.

There is also a Facebook group that if you want to be added to, just PM and let me know and send me your phone number so I am able to get a hold of you.  I will post updates on the FB page and on here as things come up and change. That is all for now.  Go East Side! 

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 East Side Team Page
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 11:04:30 AM »
cool
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

EL KUJO

• Pro Poster
  • you dont need much, just a tiny taste
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 02:24:53 PM »
i better start practicing
if its anything worth doing, its worth doing right

~Josh Kujawa
   LD&CC 4 BRC/CC 4 WW
   KCFDC# 1760
   PDGA# 78277

KCDiscDawg

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Kansas City Disc Dogs
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 08:37:46 AM »
right on... Go Team
>>>------> Earth<>Wind<> Fire<>Water<------<<<

Tony Burnett aka " Dirty Bird Dog"
PDGA #53029
KCFDC#1532

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 10:10:13 AM »
1st Qualifier is this Sunday at the City of Fountains.  Get signed up and play it!

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 01:59:14 PM »
Looks like Duane Steiner is the first qualified on the East Side team.  Next scheduled qualifier for the men is Battle of Cliff Drive on June 3. I may have a league qualifier before then but I haven't scheduled it yet.  I will post at least a week before if I do. The women have 1 spot available at the Diva Feeva this weekend.

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 01:44:44 PM »
Here is an update for EvW qualifiers for the East Side Team.
Sunday June 3 - Battle of Cliff Drive (for men only)
Thursday June 7 - Waterworks League (for men only)
Fri - Sun June 8-10 - KCWO (for men only).  Women were also scheduled for this but do to limited participation, I will change it to BRC league. 
Friday - June 15 - Bad Rock Creek League (for the men and and women).
I will post final rosters on June 16 after the qualifiers are all complete.  Prior to the last qualifier, you will need to let me know you want to participate in the EvW event, let me know what your availability are on both days (July 6 and 7), have your KCFDC dues paid, and let me know what size and type (home or away) shirt you will need if any.  If you need a shirt, I will need payment by June 22. 

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 05:20:54 PM »
Jared Finley and Mattrick Wright asked me about qualifying at the WW flex start 1 rounder vs the WW league tomorrow. I am good with someone trying to qualify there as long as 1. you let me know before head (like Jared and Mattrick did) 2. you play with someone else that is trying to qualify. For WW league tomorrow as qualifier, you must play in open or masters (not am division). This does not apply for the ladies who are trying to qualify. See everyone tomorrow evening.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 11:01:54 PM by eeastwood »

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 08:38:58 PM »
Several qualified this week for team East Side. Jake Bowen, Mike Murphy, Jordan Hinck, Curtis Montae Cooper, BEasy Belcher (KCWO), Enrique Thomas, Frank Weaver, Zeke Henry, April Jenkins, and Ashlyn Rozean (WW league). I only have 4 spots remaining for the men unless someone can't compete due to injuries or aren't able to commit to the event on July 6 and 7. I have 3 or 4 people in mind for captain's picks. Therefore, there will only be one guaranteed spot at Bad Rock Creek league this coming Friday 6/15 Waterworks league this coming Thursday 6/14. I would like to take more but it depends on what goes on with my captain's picks.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 10:07:37 AM by eeastwood »

EL KUJO

• Pro Poster
  • you dont need much, just a tiny taste
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 09:59:28 AM »
Need someone to run the league friday because ill be at Primus
if its anything worth doing, its worth doing right

~Josh Kujawa
   LD&CC 4 BRC/CC 4 WW
   KCFDC# 1760
   PDGA# 78277

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 10:06:36 AM »
Due to this, I will have my last qualifier at Waterworks league this Thur 6/14. Let everyone know.  Sorry for any inconvenience. 

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 12:11:14 PM »
East Side Team
CD Steiner (CoF)
Jamie Loveall (CoF)
Jake Lazzo (CoF)
Jose Ossa (CoF)
Tavish Carduff (DF)
Eric Eastwood (BCD)