Author Topic: KCWO  (Read 2644 times)

Chainsaw

KCWO
« on: June 05, 2007, 07:00:53 PM »
It is less than three weeks until the big dance. It is time to set up the course in its tournament layout. Some of us want to practice.

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: KCWO
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 07:10:15 PM »
Has the course ever been moved?

They have a ton of pins out there, but I've always seen the baskets in their original positions.  It has been a while since I was out there.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 10:58:52 PM »
I was thinking this of all the courses in town.   The Solstice thing is going to make hard work of Swope tho......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Flip

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 03:42:12 PM »
I was thinking this of all the courses in town.   The Solstice thing is going to make hard work of Swope tho......

Rosedale has had at least 8-9 pins moved every week since before league began, and several weeks I have moved 14+ baskets.  Last week was the first time I haven't moved any baskets since I was Jack (out of town) for the past 5 days.

Don't worry... the baskets will be put back at Swope after the Solstice Doubles is done.  Don't be hatin' because you can't come out and play Jack :P

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 01:03:50 PM »
Feeling the love.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 03:17:17 PM »
hey flip when will you set up swope for saturday?

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 04:28:39 PM »
Swope Solstice will be set up Friday evening.
It will be put back for WO07 Late Saturday, or Sunday.
Slime
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

Keizer

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 05:22:18 AM »
Man, BV sure looked awesome Wednesday morning. You could almost call it "manicured".

Noticed some items of trash near the road near #7 basket and #14 basket. The ditch along the road near the 7 basket had a tire and a front clip from a car along with the license plate. Also, within the dirt mounds along the road near #14, I found 2 tires and a plastic waste basket with pieces of a broken mirror inside it. I will swing by the park on the way home from work this morning and pick all that crap up if it's still there.

I'm not playing in the torurney, but I play BV often and don't want to hear any out-of-towners whining about the trash. Those folks at least deserve to leave with a positive impression of the place.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 08:33:20 AM »
I will swing by the park on the way home from work this morning and pick all that crap up if it's still there.

I'm not playing in the torurney, but I play BV often and don't want to hear any out-of-towners whining about the trash. Those folks at least deserve to leave with a positive impression of the place.

Awesome! Thanks for steppong up and taking care of this.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 09:31:26 AM »
Those folks at least deserve to leave with a positive impression of the place.

they will love blue valley.  they'll talk about this tourney in a different way after playing it.

remember last year not all of the big boys were able to come.  japan or something?  most of the top players have registered and will suffer that course this year.  then have to deal with swope gold on sunday.....

sorearm

Keizer

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 10:48:11 AM »
Okay, I went by this morning and grabbed the tires and that front clip. When I went to pick up the waste basket with the broken mirror in it, the waste basket was gone, leaving only the broken mirror pieces. (I guess somebody needed a used waste basket. WTF.)
Anyway, I didn't have anything to put that brooken mirror in, so I stacked it up and placed it on a flat rock on the side of the road, probably closer to the #14 basket than the tee-box. Hopefully somebody can pick it up today. I'll bring a cardboard box with me when I go to work tonight and swing by the park to make sure it's gone.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 11:39:56 AM »
I'll be there later this afternoon and I'll get it if it's still there. Thanks
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117