Author Topic: West Side Team Page  (Read 512 times)

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
West Side Team Page
« on: February 06, 2015, 09:35:40 am »
Kansas!!

Want to get some dates set-up early, so there is not so much last minute hustling.

The Team Challenge will be the weekend of June 6/7.  So if you can't play that weekend, don't worry about reading anything else.

16 players + 4 alternates on the team.

First 6 spots will be given to the Lowest 6 scores at the Rosedale Cup, March 14th/15th.

Next 6 spots will be given to Lowest scores at one chosen Lakeside/Birdland league in April.  (Have to get with Bom Tutler to find out when Lakeside will be played)

Last 4 spots given at a last chance Qualifier, open to all west side participants.  But will be played in Match-play format.  Names drawn from hat and put into Bracket.  9-hole Matches.  Winners move on until there remain only 4.  Course TBD.  I would like to do this in May, but most of the weekends are taken up. 

So I need some feedback....We can either do this match-play qualifier on Sunday the 17th of May, a day after Paradise Diamond.  Or, I think we could pull it off on a weeknight.  As long as everybody that wanted in got signed up early, I could have the bracket made up, and we could tee off at 6 and finish before dark.

Last 4 Spots are Captain's picks, including myself if I do not qualify beforehand.  And yes Lee, I do believe some delicious lunch just may buy your way in  ;)  But play your way in first!

If anyone on this great side of the border has any ideas or comments on anything, please speak up!  The rest of you LEast-siders,  p!ss off.

Let us get this 3-peat Championship Train rolling!!!

« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 10:17:00 am by white mccoy »
Just Joe
West Side 4 Life!!!!

Crispian

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: West Side Team Page
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 01:17:08 pm »
Awesome. Thanks.
Crispian Lynn Paul PDGA #67456
KCFDC Board of Directors Secretary
Kansas City Disc Golf Diva
crispianpaul@hotmail.com

Play golf. Move around. It's cool.

Zier

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 10:11:47 pm »
You guys are so serious... that is a nice trophy though.

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 01:27:21 am »
I'm really hoping to qualify for the team this year. I enjoyed just getting to watch the competition at lakeside last year. Regardless of if I play or if I watch it will be fun to cheer on the Westside!
PDGA 39363

Peter Bures

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 07:00:49 pm »
Woop woop!

Utz

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 03:38:54 pm »
THIS needs to be stickied! Do we need an EvW child board too!?  :P
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 04:26:10 pm »
THIS needs to be stickied! Do we need an EvW child board too!?  :P

Getcha East Side page going I sticky dat too....
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 09:21:17 am »
Its the jake bowen trophy or "jake"
putt, putt, give.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Flock Kaw Chalka
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 05:37:10 pm »
I want a chance to play.....hopefully the De La Bird qualifier falls on a night I got free.

My only gripe is having so few options to qualify, since PDGA golf is not on my radar.

West Side Flockers....Kaw...Rock!
DaBirdFatha
Bird > Word
Flockers Unite

Peter Bures

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 11:37:12 pm »
General question for the weekend of the event. This would be two rounds each on Saturday and Sunday? One in the morning and one in the afternoon?

Just trying to plan ahead for my work schedule, as I likely won't be able to take off the whole weekend.

Crispian

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Today at 07:35:42 am »
General question for the weekend of the event. This would be two rounds each on Saturday and Sunday? One in the morning and one in the afternoon?

Just trying to plan ahead for my work schedule, as I likely won't be able to take off the whole weekend.

I'd message Tracy Walker (Tracy) and ask him. I looked back at my minutes from the 1/12 BOD meeting and I just show Sat and Sun. I believe it was implied 3 rounds total over the two days, but not sure.
Crispian Lynn Paul PDGA #67456
KCFDC Board of Directors Secretary
Kansas City Disc Golf Diva
crispianpaul@hotmail.com

Play golf. Move around. It's cool.

LKillian

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Today at 09:06:14 am »
It was up for discussion, but last year it was alternate shot Saturday morning, Best shot sunday morning and finish with singles in the afternoon.
Cooter was here.

Tracy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Today at 09:52:36 am »

Just one round on Saturday (alternate shot dubs).  It'll be up to Joe to decide what time of day.  Then two rounds on Sunday  (best shot dubs in the morning and then singles matches in the afternoon)