Author Topic: West Side Team (2nd Qualifier - April 13th, Lakeside Olathe, 5:30pm)  (Read 1392 times)

fatexpat

• Am Poster
  • The Bigger Babbit
    • View Profile
Re: West Side Team (2nd Qualifier - April 13th, Lakeside Olathe, 5:30pm)
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2015, 12:33:47 pm »
So question:
I currently live in Missouri, but moving to Kansas prior to tournament. Born in Lawrence so I guess that makes me more of a Kansas guy historically. Technically tied for Kansas qualification at Rosedale and will do best to qualify for MO. But are there any rules/precedents on this?

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2015, 01:03:19 pm »
So question:
I currently live in Missouri, but moving to Kansas prior to tournament. Born in Lawrence so I guess that makes me more of a Kansas guy historically. Technically tied for Kansas qualification at Rosedale and will do best to qualify for MO. But are there any rules/precedents on this?

Tracy??

Only rule I see is "The one and only hard and fast rule here is that you must reside in the state of the side you’re to play for."

I'd say that if you will living on Kansas side before tourney, then you belong to us ;D  But I don't make the rules.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 01:09:02 pm by white mccoy »
Just Joe
West Side 4 Life!!!!

Tracy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2015, 04:20:22 pm »
So question:

The whole historical,  where your heart is, thing was shot down last year.   You  can only play for the team on the side which you live.

So what's the residency cut-off? It could be set as the date of the event.  But I think the fairest thing to do, for the captains, is to put the cut-off at 2 weeks prior to the event.  That is when tentative rosters are supposed to be set each year.  Where you reside, on that date, ultimately determines which side you're eligible for. This year that date is May 24th.   

I think it logical that if you qualify for one side, then move to the other side of the line, your spot on the moved-from team doesn't travel with you. 

Babbit, Joe would have to determine what he'll do about the tied for spot. But begs the question; do you have to live on the side when you qualify for that side? 

Crispian

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2015, 05:25:02 pm »
So question:

The whole historical,  where your heart is, thing was shot down last year.   You  can only play for the team on the side which you live.

So what's the residency cut-off? It could be set as the date of the event.  But I think the fairest thing to do, for the captains, is to put the cut-off at 2 weeks prior to the event.  That is when tentative rosters are supposed to be set each year.  Where you reside, on that date, ultimately determines which side you're eligible for. This year that date is May 24th.   

I think it logical that if you qualify for one side, then move to the other side of the line, your spot on the moved-from team doesn't travel with you. 

Babbit, Joe would have to determine what he'll do about the tied for spot. But begs the question; do you have to live on the side when you qualify for that side?

If we are drafting players to Kansas, we will take Kelly Babbit and give you Dick Parker. I kid, I kid...
Crispian Lynn Paul PDGA #67456
KCFDC Board of Directors Secretary
Kansas City Disc Golf Diva
crispianpaul@hotmail.com

Play golf. Move around. It's cool.

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2015, 05:58:23 pm »
So question:

He is an Iowa boy, Full on DQ.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2015, 07:05:11 am »
So question:

If we are drafting players to Kansas, we will take Kelly Babbit and give you Dick Parker. I kid, I kid...

I'd rather not...
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2015, 08:18:35 am »
So question:

Yeah, we tried keeping Shanan in Kansas last year.  No such luck.  So if Babbit is moving to Kansas, he is ours!  And we will let you have Shanan.

Ties count.  So if you will be living on this side of the line before May 24th,  you are on the Kansas team (And we will be happy to have you, even with your Silly Babbit remarks earlier this year  :o -
Any team leader for the East that gets Tanya Harding (played by Jack) to bash the knee caps of Nancy Kerrigan (played by Joe) with a bat I will vote for.

But I do need to know before the next qualifier (April 13th), because that will drop the 6 spots available to 5.
Just Joe
West Side 4 Life!!!!

fatexpat

• Am Poster
  • The Bigger Babbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2015, 11:08:14 pm »
Inspection passed... April 28 close date, go to GBO, come back after beating Ken Climo and move!
I will also claim Iowa per Jack but birth right has me covered! As does my formal address it appears.