Author Topic: WyCo fairway condition?  (Read 525 times)

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
WyCo fairway condition?
« on: August 03, 2019, 10:25:00 PM »
Can anyone share if WyCo has been mowed lately?
TIA
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

Tracy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: WyCo fairway condition?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 12:56:16 PM »
67% - 75% chance the answer is not yes.   :(

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 06:28:08 PM »
Played there on Sunday, and it was in good shape.
Jim Sherwood

dogundertheporch

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 10:14:29 AM »
Anybody been to WYCO this week?? Just wandering if it's mowed?? Probably not but just thought I would ask before wasting a drive out there.

air show

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 07:29:01 PM »
Anybody been to WYCO this week?? Just wandering if it's mowed?? Probably not but just thought I would ask before wasting a drive out there.
Drove to Wyco on Saturday... big mistake. Two weeks ago I went by Wyco to check on the  condition and it was bad then and thought for sure it would be cut by this weekend...wrong again. Grass has not been cut In over a month. Moreover after it is cut it will be in as bad as shape because of the grass clippings. I am fed up with Wyco... they should just pull the baskets during the  growing season to save everybody the heartache.

Tracy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 09:55:34 AM »
Drove to Wyco on Saturday... big mistake. Two weeks ago I went by Wyco to check on the  condition and it was bad then and thought for sure it would be cut by this weekend...wrong again. Grass has not been cut In over a month. Moreover after it is cut it will be in as bad as shape because of the grass clippings. I am fed up with Wyco... they should just pull the baskets during the  growing season to save everybody the heartache.
I imagine Rosedale isn't much if any better.  It has been a wet summer, giving the grass plenty to grow rapidly on all season.  Unfortunately, the Wyco Parks dept. doesn't seem to have the ability to adjust their mowing schedule.  At least not at any park other than Wyandotte Count Lake.  Drive through there, any day of the week, any week and you'll find the place is always in an excellent state of maintenance.  Even little areas of grass, roadside that have no purpose, are usually well manicured.
I know club officials have, in the past, tried to get Wyco to improve the mowing scheduling with little to no success. Perhaps Wyco would respond differently to members of the public inquiring directly about the lack of maintenance on the disc golf areas of their parks.

AdamC

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2019, 06:20:09 PM »
FYI I just got back from Wyco and it's freshly mowed.  The last couple of times I didn't get so lucky...

I have sent a few emails to the parks & rec department in the past, and their response is something along the lines of "this is how it's always been and they haven't received any other complaints".  I've only played Cedar Ridge a handful of times but haven't ran into the same issue over there. 

air show

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 06:23:04 PM »
Many confused throwers at Wyco today. No baskets on 4,5,6,9,10,and 16. Looks like someone set up a temporary course on front 9 using those baskets. Hope it returns to normal in the near future... it is pretty much unplayable.  Also grass is getting Wyco tall.

EL KUJO

• Pro Poster
  • you dont need much, just a tiny taste
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 12:42:00 PM »
there was an ACE RACE held there on Saturday, thus why the course was changed temporarily.
if its anything worth doing, its worth doing right

~Josh Kujawa
   Bad Rock Creek Director
   Blue Valley, MO Coordinator
   KCFDC# 1760
   PDGA# 78277