Author Topic: Name that Ace  (Read 1921 times)

Mad Dog

Name that Ace
« on: May 16, 2005, 09:24:47 AM »
I Christian Mann earned my first ace on Sunday May 15th at Swope, on the 8th fairway. I have been playing Disc Golf off and on for now 25 years and this was a first. The placement was long and on top of the next ridge. There was a pratice basket in the short placement. the pratice basket was in fact the one I drove into the chains like a laser guided missle and with twelve witness.

My question is what kind of ace did I just get? I know it didn't count as an ace(I parred the hole), But it is not a black ace either, because the placement wasn't on another fairway nor was it a basket that was in play. So, did I just earn a Grey Ace?

I didn't have 60$ in my pocket but I will be buying the Beer League beer for next weeks league play in loo of my errant ace.

golfonabudget

Name that Ace
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 09:53:25 AM »
I think it would be a black ace anytime you crash a basket that's not the hole your throwing too.  

Still i'll bet it was a pretty sweet crash 8)

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
Name that Ace
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 10:51:08 AM »
If you called it before you threw it I don't know if I'd call it a black ace. Did everyone know you intended to put it in that basket? If not and the fact that the disc went in that basket was a complete accident, it's a black ace for sure.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Name that Ace
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 11:37:04 AM »
Black Ace, no doubt about it..........I'll be enjoying the beer next week :D
Mike Penney

Mike LaFontaine

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Name that Ace
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 12:44:28 PM »
Did you take a dump on the following hole?
If so, it's called a "Mason Ace".
Congrats!
Founding Father of the Lee's Summit Disc Golf Association.

Dirk

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Name that Ace
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 09:29:08 AM »
I was right behind you and I had a feeling it was going in because it was a straight bullet down the fairway. Usually a black ace is when you hit a pin for another hole, not a short placement directly between you and the longer basket. Since the pin was in your fairway I say no Black Ace, Grey Ace seems more like it.  If you still have $60 in your pocket then it wasn't Black!!  Nice shot dude!

Soup

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Check out my Youtube channel for disc golf vids
Name that Ace
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 02:38:56 PM »
HA HA HAAAAA.  Your first Ace was black. HAA HAA HAA!! ...Seriously I call it "Grey" It's not an object goal or flagged pin.  It's more like a land mine.  Regardless we want beer for the show.  I didn't see it but you know I'll drink it.

Mad Dog

Budeiser or Boulvard
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 08:48:53 AM »
Well since the votes are in, it looks as though I will be buying Boulvard for the Beer League on Sunday 10:00 Swope. So come on down to throw up some discs and down a few cold ones. This isn't going to be the CHEAP Beer League. All are welcome!  Christian

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
No ace
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 03:27:23 PM »
It's like a Field Goal kicker hitting one from 70 yards in pre-game, doesn't count!
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.