Author Topic: Personal Baskets  (Read 4129 times)

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Personal Baskets
« on: May 17, 2005, 01:09:21 PM »
How many people have personal baskets whether portable or stationed in the back yard?  Finding used baskets is proving to be very difficult.

I'm very interested in getting one, what are some of the quality but affordable models out there?  

Also does anyone know if you can pick them up from DGW or do you have to have them shipped?

TIA

-Dennis
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

golfonabudget

Personal Baskets
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 01:12:44 PM »
I can build you one or two if you want to spend $300 each

My basket is at Downings if you haven't seen it 8)

-Nate

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Personal Baskets
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 01:25:38 PM »
Quote from: "golfonabudget"
I can build you one or two if you want to spend $300 each

My basket is at Downings if you haven't seen it 8)

-Nate

I have seen the basket at Downings, is that one you built?  $300 is more than I'm can spend though :( sorry.  But if you'd like to showcase your skills this would be a good thread to post some pics of your handy work.

-Dennis

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
Personal Baskets
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 02:08:36 PM »
I've got a Ching Skillshot that works great. It is very portable and catches really well for what it is. If you are looking for a practice basket that you can move around for temp courses they work pretty good. DGW keeps them in stock I think. They're $120 plus shipping.

http://www.discgolfworld.com/product_detail.asp?product%5Fid=1497&mscssid=GG26KUCWV47J9NF6EHV625WSE30PCWAB

If you are looking for soemthing to leave up all the time you might look at the M-14 Portable by DGA. They are $150.

http://www.discgolfworld.com/product_detail.asp?product%5Fid=1458&mscssid=GG26KUCWV47J9NF6EHV625WSE30PCWAB
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Soup

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Check out my Youtube channel for disc golf vids
Personal Baskets
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 02:44:47 PM »
I like the DB5 which translates to Disc Basket 5, meaning 5 parts. It breaks down into the trunk of your car. No truck needed.  Take it anywhere to hear the sounds of chains.  (18 chains) $195

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Personal Baskets
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 02:50:54 PM »
Quote from: "Soup"
I like the DB5 which translates to Disc Basket 5, meaning 5 parts. It breaks down into the trunk of your car. No truck needed.  Take it anywhere to hear the sounds of chains.  (18 chains) $195

Who makes teh DB5?

Thanks

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Personal Baskets
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »
Quote from: "Nivek9"
I've got a Ching Skillshot that works great. It is very portable and catches really well for what it is. If you are looking for a practice basket that you can move around for temp courses they work pretty good. DGW keeps them in stock I think. They're $120 plus shipping.

http://www.discgolfworld.com/product_detail.asp?product%5Fid=1497&mscssid=GG26KUCWV47J9NF6EHV625WSE30PCWAB

If you are looking for soemthing to leave up all the time you might look at the M-14 Portable by DGA. They are $150.

http://www.discgolfworld.com/product_detail.asp?product%5Fid=1458&mscssid=GG26KUCWV47J9NF6EHV625WSE30PCWAB

I like those Ching Skillshot for a portable goal.  I just haven't decided if I want portable or something more permanant to my backyard.  I can see myself buying a portable basket and never moving from my backyard.

One other question since having your own basket how much would you say your putting has improved?

Thanks,
Dennis :)

Soup

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Personal Baskets
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 02:53:27 PM »
I think it's Lightning.  Check the web/ebay/etc.

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Personal Baskets
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 03:44:07 PM »
Quote from: "Soup"
Check the web/ebay/etc.

I take it this is not the DB5 you're talking about (this was my first google result)

BTW that is James Bond's Aston Martin DB5 :D

You are correct the DB5 disc golf basket is made by Lightning, looks very nice.  $179 at Gotta Go Gotta Throw.

-Dennis

Soup

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Personal Baskets
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 03:50:00 PM »
sweet.  I think that will break down into 5 parts and fit in my trunk too.

Soup

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Personal Baskets
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 04:03:23 PM »
I've seen several people get better practicing in the backyard consistently.  Then I've seen some people who never change.  I think it's gotta be regimented.  My opinion is that its all focus and repetitiveness.  We all have the same ability to put it in. I think it's all in your head.  What do you think?  What's your idea of a good putter?

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
Personal Baskets
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 04:58:57 PM »
The Skillshot can't be left out. It's made out of some type of canvas and wouldn't last long left in the elements. It's a great temporary/portable practice basket but that's it. I actually have one in the trunk of my Camry constantly. Hence, my putting isn't any better. I suppose if I took it out and set it up to practice once in a while it might help. I guess I'm hoping its mere presence will help somehow.

Those Lightning baskets are pretty nice. Heavy duty for being as inexpensive as they are. There's one of those set up down at DGW too. At least there used to be.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
Personal Baskets
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 05:11:27 PM »
I've got a nice home made one in my backyard but it look like it took a lot of money to make
its galvanized.

I would say my putting game has gone up alot.
But it was very bad at first but now I make 10-20 foot putt all the time.
Now I just need to work on my drive and mid.  I can work on the mid too because I was
blessed with a big yard. :lol:.

I will take some digital Pic's and post.

I also had a idea about using a plastic barrel i cut off the bottom and was
 going to use the lid to hang the chan's from.
Then I was going to use pvc for the pipe. If you want I will give you the
parts for it that I have and let you know how I planed to do it...
Home #: 816-308-1000
E-mail: tkienzle22@yahoo.com KCFDC:759
TEK II        :^)

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
M14
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 07:35:36 PM »
I have a M14 which I want to sell, slightly used. My yard is too small. And we are clearing out the garage clutter. It breaks down nicely and makes a good practice basket. Double chains. Retail $150, Slims price $75.

Slim   Cell 816-550-1888

M-14 Portable Pole Hole
 This is a full sized Disc Pole Hole with 14 chains. The chain is hot dipped galvanized for long life. No screws, nuts, or bolts! It assembles with easy push button locks. Last but not least, it only weighs 25 pounds!
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
M14
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 07:39:52 PM »
I have a M14 which I want to sell, slightly used. My yard is too small. And we are clearing out the garage clutter. It breaks down nicely and makes a good practice basket. Double chains. Retail $150, Slims price $75.

Slim   Cell 816-550-1888

M-14 Portable Pole Hole
 This is a full sized Disc Pole Hole with 14 chains. The chain is hot dipped galvanized for long life. No screws, nuts, or bolts! It assembles with easy push button locks. Last but not least, it only weighs 25 pounds!
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree