These opinions are some of mine and of others who I have talked with:
Blue Valley League Pros:
- Get to play one of the longest/most challenging courses in the world on a frequent basis...
- And thus improve your game tremendously.
- Beautiful park/hole views. Surreal, and relaxing.
Blue Valley League Cons
- Doubles takes pretty much as long as singles out there.
- $10 buy-in for anyone who wants to play.
- Location is not convenient for a significant portion of people who do not live in close proximity to I-435.
- "Course is too long! I can't throw far enough to compete with..., it takes too much energy to walk it."
My recommendations - Singles because of attendance, it doesn't take any longer really. No cash buy-in; instead, side-bets between people who feel wiley. All bag tags are in play and are up for grabs, and everybody has a handicap. Everyone stops after 9-10 holes, taking a break at the shelter to eat, chill, recoup. That would keep up moral, and start a good Sunday social tradition.