Author Topic: Course installation update  (Read 2067 times)

Dirk

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Course installation update
« on: September 25, 2007, 01:32:31 PM »
This past week we received contract approval to operate as a club at Shawnee Mission Park, we are pleased. I made an appearance at the monthly board meeting to thank them for their generous donation of the land and offer an invitation to come out and play once the course is installed.

So the question is, when is the course going to be installed?

Believe me, no one wants this course in place sooner than I do. I have been pressing  the park staff to schedule a date to set the basket foundations. A final walkthrough with the installation staff is happening next week. DGA Mach IIIs are being stored. We will then establish a date to auger the holes and pour the concrete for the pins. I will keep everyone posted here.  I REALLY hope this is done before the end of October, but we are at the will of the park dept.

As soon as we have got the exact locations set I will post a map in the KC Disc Golf Course Directory.

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
Re: Course installation update
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 07:48:27 PM »
Sweet!!! :D
Home #: 816-308-1000
E-mail: tkienzle22@yahoo.com KCFDC:759
TEK II        :^)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 04:54:14 PM »
because the park said so.  We do it at their speed Tom, not ours.  It is their land, and this has been a long time in the making.  Ed and Jake first went to meetings for this over 6-7 years ago, and we are just now at thit point.  A few months longer is going to help us, not hurt us.

Hope that helps.

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Dirk

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 01:53:29 PM »
I just had another productive meeting with the Parks Dept. on Tuesday. The Superintendent surveyed the course along with the manager and land planner, who are pleased with the layout. The parks have agreed to set a date approx. two weeks from now to begin basket installation. So hopefully we are playing by the end of October/First of Nov.

I will post a map of the course and any further information in the next few weeks before the course opens.

Dirk

lucky4ever247

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 09:01:16 PM »
Could someone be so kind as to add the directions to this park to the others on this site?
I would love to try this course as soon as its in.....
RELAX!!!   I do All my own stunts!!!!!

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 01:18:52 PM »
She said she had been told it would be in by late spring '09. Another course! All right !

Late Spring 09!?  Are you sure she didn't mean 08? Late Spring 09 would mean they could put in one basket OR one tee box per MONTH between now and then and have it completed. If sleeves are going in now I suspect she meant 08....  let's hope so.

I actually heard a rumor that the baskets might be in by this weekend.   :o
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org