Author Topic: Blue League Time  (Read 3368 times)

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Blue League Time
« on: October 12, 2007, 03:06:31 PM »
As not to create conflict with the other saterday leagues (and my boss) this would be on sundays.
Mike Penney

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Blue League Time
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 08:37:06 PM »
Doesn't anybody have any input on this? I mean it's fine and dandy if you just want me to pick a time a say be there, but I'd rather have some input from those who want to play. I'm all open for suggestions here. Hello, anybody?
Mike Penney

Chainsaw

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 01:34:42 PM »
In light of Sunday being a day on which families do a lot together, I believe that 10:00 a.m. is a good start time. By starting at 10, many people will still be able to do things in the afternoon with their family or whatever.

kohjahk

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 09:21:11 AM »
How many people actually play the course?  In the 4-5 rounds I played there over 2007 I only saw other disc golfers there 1 time.  I'm just curious as to what kind of foot traffic the course is getting.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 09:38:51 AM »
about 20-30 rounds a week
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 07:33:24 AM »

I'm curious how you ascertained that number and how many RPW (rounds per week) there are at other courses in town.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 07:50:02 AM »
I dunno bout that, but Chuck Norris has counted to infinity, twice.

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 08:44:38 AM »
Okay guys you're getting off topic. I started this thread to get some input on what other people thought about getting a league started, that people will actually attend. I was thinking that we would start this league before winter came, but now I think it can wait til spring.
Mike Penney

kohjahk

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 09:00:32 AM »
I dunno bout that, but Chuck Norris has counted to infinity, twice.
I heard that when Chuck Norris does a push up he in fact does not push himself up from the earth but instead pushes the earth down, and has never paid taxes, ever.

dananarama

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 11:00:16 AM »
It is a scientific fact that Chuck Norris's tears can cure cancer.

Unfortunately, Chuck has never cried.

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 11:05:33 AM »

I'm curious how you ascertained that number and how many RPW (rounds per week) there are at other courses in town.

i'd like to know how you got those numbers too, Jack.  i've been there a few times in the last year and the only other folks I saw where the locals and the chesters.  oh, and Jim.

the course looks really nice though.  the sign is up, the pads have been in the small course for a while now and the trees on hole 12 give a fantastic view.

Chainsaw

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 02:51:49 PM »
I would be interested in playing a league there if it did not involve a mix of the "executive" course. Save that small course for juniors and others warming up for the big one. I mean, some of the holes are kind of fun, but I can go to Rosedale if I want to reach all the pins on the first throw. Also, maybe the league would do better if it was only once a month, or the 2nd and 4th weekends of the month, etc...