Author Topic: Call for you to HELP-Do you want to make a difference?  (Read 3726 times)

Dirk

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Call for you to HELP-Do you want to make a difference?
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2007, 03:57:08 PM »
I will run for Shawnee Mission Park CC this election.

Its a great feeling to see the course finally go in after years of effort by all those invovlved.

I have built solid relationships with the park management, staff, and district to enable the continued growth and success of the course. there are a few kinks to be worked out but KC has another supersolid course on hand for the big tadow of the 09 worlds!

Many many ideas still in the works, and much work still to be done!

cheers!
Dirk

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2007, 06:05:46 PM »
u fur dude, why are you so worried about my posts. maybe you should make disc golf etiquette part of your platform. u could mix in some tips for proper blogging as well. i think i need some help, as this is not the first time u cut me down for what i wrote.
Gee, it would be better if you'd be interested in helping the club progress, to make KC an even better place for disc golfing...

i also think jtheiss was making a joke when he mentioned the free beer. there wouldn't be a william yates jr.course if not for his efforts. i'll get both of you a cold drink at the meeting.

"he frolfs, he scores!" g. costanza (summer of george)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 06:08:19 PM by matty »
putt, putt, give.

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2007, 09:48:56 AM »
Folks,

Those of you that want to run for Board positions or Course Coordinator need to do 1 of 3 things to get on the ballot (especially Chris Timko and Matt Hays, and anyone else who has expressed interest on this message board)

Contact Tavish Sanders (Sergeant At Arms)

OR

Contact Dirk Hacker (outgoing Vice President-Kansas)

OR

Send a letter to the club P.O. Box, which is:
Kansas City Flying Disc Club
P.O. Box 025678
Kansas City, MO 64102

Tavish and Dirk's email contact info can be found here:

http://www.kcfdc.org/membership.html

Posting your intentions here is fine and good.  But it won't get you on the ballot.

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2007, 09:23:29 AM »
Can anyone give an update on when/where the club elections might be?

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2007, 09:53:43 AM »
I am working on the location, right now, I hope to announce it today or tomorrow for next week.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 10:11:17 AM »
I would like to formally withdraw my self nomination for President of the KCFDC, and ask that you consider me for the wonderful position of VP of MO.  After careful deliberation I think that the timing is right for me to move into this role and help the club out in areas that I can still be effective and ensure that the mission of the 2009 DREAM TEAM is alive and kicking.

As you all know personal issues contend with the volunteer organization that we work with, and my new position requiring many more hours than the previous one, my time to donate is not as strong as where it should be to be as effective as I would like. 

I will gladly work with whomever is decided as President at making sure we continue to work at the promotion of our sport and building it for the future players.

With this announcement, we are going to move the elections to happen after the first of the year.  I am going to meet with the EC this month to discuss action items for the next two years, and we will have the elections at that point.  I have been promised by Rick that we will also get a newsletter out after the first of the year, to announce the elections, Ice Bowl Charity, and general membership meeting.

This has been a hard decision, but in all honesty one that probably shuold have been made at the last election.  I haev been on the fence with where i need to take my energies, and I am hopeful that with all the new progress going on within the area, that we will continue to find strong leaders to help us continue to be the best disc golf club in the country.

Please watch the website and forums here for more information, as we will conintue to use this method of communication over topica and hopefully eventually be entirely away from Topica by the start of disc golf season 2008.

I thank you for all your support, and look forward to hopefully serving you still in a somewhat smaller yet no less important role.

THanks,

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2007, 05:04:37 PM »
jack is there a chance the rest of the e.c. could get something together in the next couple of weeks and maybe have our gen.club meeting this year?

aren't you a lame duck now-ha ha just kidding,no but seriuosly
putt, putt, give.

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2007, 06:14:26 PM »
Really need to get everyone on the EC on the same page and with the holidays here and all, this has always been a hard time to schedule around everyone's interest, so the start of the year will allow us time to meet, get the plans in place and have a more organized meeting that will have substance to it.

Its not like I am disappearing, I will still be on the EC, just in a different capacity, so as for the lame duck....a quote from Duck Soup for ya...."Request help, 3 men and 1 woman trapped in building, if help is unavailable send 2 more women, 3 more women."

Love Groucho.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2007, 07:58:48 PM »
A state of emergency has been declared; the constitution suspended; the president will not resign before he attempts to take another position in leadership; the governing body is in dissaray; the people have no idea what will happen next, and are beginning to demand action by the leadership.

Hmmm...disc golf IS a little slice of life!  ::)
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!