Author Topic: WYE Juniors Disc Tourney-$5 for a disc, lunch, and raffle!!!  (Read 542 times)

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
WYE Juniors Disc Tourney-$5 for a disc, lunch, and raffle!!!
« on: October 18, 2007, 01:09:02 PM »
We are having our first juniors tournament at William Yates Elementary, November 3rd.  The tournament is open for all ages.  KCFDC  has thrown in a couple discs for prizes.  I have been in contact with numeruos disc companies seeking donations.  We are asking for donations of any sort... coupons to restaurants, gift cetificates, shirts etc.  The tournament is geared for beginners and families.  For FIVE DOLLARS you get a disc, a lunch, and chances to win raffle prizes. If we can get enough donations then the top cards will prize.  As of now, certificates will be given to the top cards.  Kids love any type of recognition, but prizes would make it that much better.  I realize that this is the same weekend as our club championship, but those of you who are not playing and have younger children, a niece or nephew, you should come out and introduce the game to someone new.  As a physical educator,  I understand how important success correlates to equipment and environment.  Take a new player to course that does not destroy their confidence.  There are alternative pads for the more experienced player.  Yates is 18 holes with tee pads, tee signs, tunnel shots, turnover, uphill, downhill, a creek, and some mandos.  We are sending out registration forms throughout elementary schools in Blue Springs.  We are not allowing walk ups.  If you want to play, you need to fill out a registration form and send it in by Oct 30th.  We do not want to order extra discs and be stuck with them.  We are not trying to line our pockets here folks.  FIVE DOLLARS for a disc, lunch, and raffle prizes.  Spread the word!!!

To get a registation form email me at

jtheiss@bssd.net 

ps Just put in for holes at my school John Nowlin Elementary.  I would like to thank the Cashens for once again stepping up and donating the sleeves, and to Rick who supplied the baskets, and lastly to the Blue Springs maintanence department for digging out the pads and holes, saving me the wear and tear on my body.

John Theiss

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: WYE Juniors Disc Tourney-$5 for a disc, lunch, and raffle!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 02:42:17 PM »
is William Yates off of 39th and S Davidson?