Author Topic: New Summer League, DAWN PATROL  (Read 4296 times)

Mad Dog

New Summer League, DAWN PATROL
« on: June 01, 2005, 10:53:23 AM »
With the approach of the summer heat I will be looking for a cooler way to play disc golf. I have played regularly at dawn in summers past. I will do so again this summer. I wish to open this up for everybody and anybody who wishes to get a round in before work. I am starting a recruiting drive now to gauge interest. Please post up if you are interested and also which day of the week you prefer.

The Dawn Patrol will start after the summer solstice at one of the many fine KC courses with a Dawn tee time (@6:00am). each week we will decide on the next date and the next course to play. The idea is to spread this league around town. This is a free league and also presumably a beer free league too. (A-Lefty that means that this is not a free beer league).

So, come on out and see the morning light and remember that we don't make disc golf fun, we make disc golf funner.  goD daM

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 11:27:30 AM »
I'm not much of a morning person but I could definately make it to Rosedale, Water Works, and Swope pretty easily.  WyCo and Olathe might prove to be difficult for me to drive that early in the morning :D

So count me in!

-Dennis
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 07:50:01 AM »
I'm in but my problem is I get off work at 7 and work in lenexa.. :?
Home #: 816-308-1000
E-mail: tkienzle22@yahoo.com KCFDC:759
TEK II        :^)

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 08:56:41 AM »
Im a 2nd shifter that would love a morning league but 6 in the a.m. sounds awful early after getting off @ 1 a.m.

firerec

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 03:16:43 PM »
Which day of the week are you looking at having this on?

Mad Dog

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 03:22:07 PM »
Okay. OK, so now I get the feeling that this is not going to be exactly be dawn when we patrol, and it is not really going to be before work for most of us, but rather 'an after work round of golf ' in the cool morning air of a soon to be scorching summer days. It is all good we just need to know when and where.

I am not against a later starting time if that is what works for the masses. Now, this weekly round will be rain or shine!

Talk is not what gets the disc golfer up to play on a rainy Sunday.

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 09:18:25 PM »
Friday Morning 8am Rose..

Mad Dog

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 09:38:50 AM »
Ok, Tim, you said it. We will start on Fri. June 24, at 8:00am Rosedale. After that depending on the concensus of the group, we will determine the following weeks time and place. Yes, Olathe and Wyco may be a bit too far. Hell, we might even want to do Ted's course one day.  maD doG

firerec

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 04:35:48 PM »
If we start at 8am I am up for whatever, I don't work till 2pm. As long as I can drag my but out of bed.

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 06:17:22 PM »
I would like to do teds course some day but need to ride with you mad dogg because i don't know where it is...

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 11:43:04 AM »
Ill see you next friday morning then how much are the dues to join the KCFDC? Im with tkienzle I would have to ride with someone to teds. Im new to the area and I am not  sure of how to get there. Maybe we could all meet at Roesdale one friday early and either car pool there or follow each other?? Just a thought.

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 12:13:41 PM »
Quote from: "Flickdaddy"
Ill see you next friday morning then how much are the dues to join the KCFDC?

Flickdaddy, check here for all that info:

http://www.kcfdc.org/2005KCFDCMembershipApp.pdf

BTW I'm trying to get a couple guys/gals together to play this Friday at Water Works if your up for it show up at 9 am.

-Dennis

firerec

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 03:32:20 PM »
I would love to play teds someday, but like all I thinkk that the car pool idea is great. Not knowing where it is.

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2005, 10:07:39 PM »
IF this friday 6/17  at 9 dj i'm might show up.. W.W. let me know if your going to do it i would like to play a round with you...

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 12:14:08 AM »
Quote from: "tkienzle"
IF this friday 6/17  at 9 dj i'm might show up.. W.W. let me know if your going to do it i would like to play a round with you...

Ya man so far 3 of us are going to be there at 9am Water Works.  This is not a league though, no money involved (at this time) just a friendly round.  I'm a tall goofy looking blonde dude not hard to miss :)

-Dennis