Author Topic: Pleasant Hill League  (Read 63007 times)

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasant Hill League
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2008, 11:13:18 AM »
Dan, what is the story on carvering out a wood hole?  Have you heard anything from Lance, or is there even anything being planned?

mansizioux

• Am Poster
  • JV Golfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2008, 08:12:51 AM »
   I've been pretty busy, classes are over on the 9th of December, after that I will get with Scott George and Dan.  Hopefully during Christmas break we can get started on something. How's the Blue Springs project panning out?
                                     Lance 
You can"t always do what's right, but you can always do what's left.

dclabe

« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2008, 01:20:58 PM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 11/30 (Cloudy with Light Snow 32 -33 degrees (low 20's wind chill), Windy (12 - 16 North - Northwest wind )

Four brave (foolish?) souls out for League at Lake Shore on the season's first wintry Sunday afternoon.  Remarkably saw another 6 -8 casual players out!  With only four we elected to play a casual round for $5 apiece.
Caleb Coffman
Lance Dwyer
Dan Coffman
Matt Fox
$20.00

Next weekend league will be noonthirty Sunday 12/7 at Lake Shore, hope to see you there....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

dclabe

« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2008, 10:37:31 AM »
Posted on: December 02, 2008, 05:05:37 PMPosted by: SteelerDoug 
Insert Quote
Sorry I couldn't make it Dan.

Had to watch the Steelers spank the Patsies pretty good.

Next stop, "the cowgirls", 3:15 pm, so won't be there...not that I'm missed...you might as well count me out the rest of the season too...rest of the games r at noon.

uhhhhh........ ::)

I'm probably not the first one to tell you this........ :-X

but you got your PRIORITIES all SCREWED UP! 8)

(this is why God gave us DVRs) ;D

Posted on: December 02, 2008, 05:13:52 PMPosted by: SteelerDoug 
Insert Quote

Any more glow this year Dan?  Or Sat play maybe?

Nothing at Lake Shore......Olathe and DownUnder both have leagues on Saturday though.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2008, 12:01:48 PM »
   I've been pretty busy, classes are over on the 9th of December, after that I will get with Scott George and Dan.  Hopefully during Christmas break we can get started on something. How's the Blue Springs project panning out?
                                     Lance 

Lance, i have not heard anything yet.  i am not sure if Rick or John have heard anything either.  The gentlemen that wrote the grant is a principal at the freshman center in BS.  He keeps me updated and i have not heard anything in awhile.  I have plenty of time off over xmas break to help out.  I am interested and please keep me informed. 

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 03, 2008, 01:59:27 PM »
i'd help as well.  i'm 10 minutes from pleasant hill and love burning stuff.

dclabe

« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2008, 09:16:37 AM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 12/7 (Partly Cloudy 40 - 44 degrees, Windy (12 - 16 South - Southwest wind )

Five players out for League at Lake Shore on a seasonal December Sunday afternoon.  Played proposed alternate teepads on #6 and #8 (by the bench that overlooks the lake).  Steve/Will and Brandon/Dan were locked in a tight battle with neither team seperated by more than 1 stroke until #15, when Steve/Will saved par (after a short drive into a strong headwind) while Brandon/Dan bogeyed :-[.  Steve/Will finished bogey free to take the win.....
Steve Dresser
Brandon Elkins
Lance Dwyer
Will Love
Dan Coffman
Cali
$25.00

Next weekend league will be noonthirty Sunday 12/14 at Lake Shore, hope to see you there....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 24, 2008, 10:16:11 AM »
Will there be league on the 28th?
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

dclabe

« Reply #143 on: December 24, 2008, 03:32:58 PM »
Yes, league will be noonthirty Sunday 12/28 at Lake Shore, hope to see you there....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

dclabe

« Reply #144 on: December 29, 2008, 11:56:52 AM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 12/28 (Sunny 42 - 48 degrees, 6 - 10 South - Southwest wind)

Even dozen players out for League at Lake Shore on a crystal clear Sunday afternoon.  Highlights of the round included David "Jethro" Tull wading out to retreive his disc off of the ice on hole #2 (to the amazement of both cards!) :o.  David's jeans dried by the end of the round...Brandon Elkins had 2 putts of over 60'-70' for birdies.....Dan hit a "miracle" putt on #12 (through the grove of small trees on the right) for a bird.  Leo/Bill battled Caleb/Dan for the entire round with no more than a stroke difference....it looked like Caleb/Dan had secured the win when they were the only bird on hole #2, but Leo/Bill were the only bird on #3 to tie it up and force a playoff.  Leo parked #18 with the first drive of the playoff and the rest was h i s t o r y.

Leo DaPrato
Caleb Coffman
Andy Lewis
Brandon Elkins
Matt Fox
Brian Neenan
Bill Neenan
Dan Coffman
Dean Uhlmann
David Tull
Sean Elliot
Kyle Piedimonte
$38.00
$22.00

Next weekend league will be noonthirty Sunday 1/4 at Lake Shore, hope to see you there....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

dclabe

« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2009, 12:29:02 PM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 1/11 (Sunny 40 - 43 degrees, 6 - 10 North - Northwest wind)

Five players out for League at Lake Shore on a surprising nice Sunday afternoon.  Highlight of the round probably was Caleb's drive within 30-35' on 15, but Caleb/Dan Z couldn't convert for the birdie. :'( Tight competition between all teams for most of the round.  Kevin/Dan looked like they had taken a insurmountable 2 stroke lead when they were the only par on 12 (in the woods) but after everyone birdied 13, Kevin/Dan managed to take a double boogie on 13 to fall back into a tie with Lance/Cali Lance.  Lance/Cali Lance won the playoff......

Lance Dwyer
Kevin Montgomery
Caleb Coffman
Cali
Dan Coffman
Dan Zink
$25.00

Next weekend league will be noonthirty Sunday 1/18 at Lake Shore, hope to see you there....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

dclabe

« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2009, 11:21:45 AM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 1/18 (Sunny 40 - 43 degrees, 10 - 14 North - Northwest wind)

Seven players out for League at Lake Shore on another nice Sunday afternoon.  Thanks to Caleb C we moved pins #9 long, #14 long, and #15 long left during the round.  Again, tight competition between all teams for most of the round (after 9 holes the scores were Brian/Dan-3, Kyle/Cali Kyle -2, Shane/Caleb -2, David/Tom -1).  But then the back nine reared its ugly head  ;D, with all teams recording at least one bogey. 

Brian Palmer
David Tull
Kyle Piedimonte
Shane Dierson
Dan Coffman
Tom Verstraete
Cali
Caleb Coffman
$35.00

No league next Sunday 1/25, support the Ice Bowl.

Next weekend league will be noonthirty SuperBowl Sunday 2/1 at Lake Shore.  Thinking about doing SuperBowl Cali Singles (with 2 divisions Pro/Am) for a change of pace.  Let me know what you think, hope to see you there....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

dclabe

« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2009, 11:09:32 AM »
Just a reminder that we will have Sunday League at Lake Shore.  Forecast is looking pretty good, and there should be plenty of time to play league and still get to your SuperBowl destination (unless you're SteelerDoug and then you will probably will spend the hours before the game kneeling on your Terrible Towel facing Pittsburgh at your Steeler Shrine with the Chuck Knoll, Bill Cowher, and Terry Bradshaw bobblehead dolls) ;D

Anyway, league starts at noon-thirty, entry fee is $6 ($5 payout, $1 to the club), format to be determined Sunday (Cali Singles or random draw Doubles).  Might throw a couple of Lance's new holes in the woods (if they're playable). If you have any questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2009, 01:08:52 PM »
i want to get out there and do some work on Saturday.  Have you talked to Lance?  it is going to be a great day to get out to the course and do some work.   Lets get some stuff done on Sat.
Lance give me a call.  i thought you said you were busy.  if plans change let me know.

dclabe

« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2009, 01:34:14 PM »
I haven't talked to him this week....I ran into him last Friday at the course, he had cut most of the trees for the second hole.  I told him to focus on cutting the holes and we would help with removing the debri (then I wussed out last weekend).  I haven't checked the progress this week, Brandon and I are planning on playing this afternoon and I'll check to see how things look.  I'm pretty sure that we will need to clear the fairways...I can let you know for sure tonight.  I've been planning on playing Olathe Saturday League, so I don't know if I will be out before Sunday.