Author Topic: Pleasant Hill League  (Read 62137 times)

Keizer

Re: Pleasant Hill League
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2009, 01:55:35 PM »
Theiss, if you guys decide to work out there, give me a call. Can't make any promises, but gimme a call and we'll go from there...

mansizioux

• Am Poster
  • JV Golfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2009, 06:56:39 PM »
     I will be out there tommorrow morning early, (I'll have to leave at nine). If you can make it a little before nine I could walk you through the second hole and show you where to drag the limbs. Sorry so early.  I'm tentatively planning on asking for a work day on the 21st of February, maybe this would be a good time for getting feedback on working the 21st.  I should have most of the major cutting done by that time so we can spend the day clearing the fairways. I'll bring out some hotdogs and deerburger, you can't do any better than that.

Lance

You can"t always do what's right, but you can always do what's left.

mansizioux

• Am Poster
  • JV Golfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2009, 05:20:11 PM »
Thanks to Tom Verstraete and John Theiss for coming out Saturday morning, we cleared out one more hole.Thanks.
You can"t always do what's right, but you can always do what's left.

dclabe

« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2009, 07:41:24 PM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 2/1 (Partly Sunny 45 - 48 degrees, 10 - 14 North - Northeast wind)

Eight players out for League at Lake Shore on SuperBowl Sunday.  Dan Z/Kyle started off hot going 5 down after six holes, BP/Dan C finally got on the board with a birdie on #3 and then went on their own streak with birdies on 5 of the next 6 holes, to forge a tie at 5 down after 8 holes.  Then, Dan Z/Kyle bogeyed #9 to give BP/Dan C the lead.  BP/Dan C birdied #10 to stretch the lead to 2 strokes (-6 to -4) but Dan Z/Kyle came back and birdied #11 and #12 to force a tie at 6 down.  But BP/Dan C responded by birding #13 to regain the lead, and then Dan Z/Kyle bogeyed #14 to give BP/Dan C a 2 stroke lead (-7 to -5).  Dan Z/Kyle birdied #16 and #18 to finish at -7 while BP/Dan C birdied #18 to finish at -8.   

Brian Palmer
Dan Zink
Leo DaPrato
Brandon Elkins
Dan Coffman
Kyle Piedimonte
Tom Verstraete
Caleb Coffman
$25.00
$15.00

Next weekend league will be noonthirty Sunday 2/8 at Lake Shore, hope to see you there....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

Lance Dwyer and family came out after league, and several of us threw some of his new wood holes.  There's three holes pretty much cleared (one still needs the debri removed) and the first 200' is cut on the 600' hole.  I'm pretty impressed with his creativity, I believe that these holes will be unique for KC.  Lance is planning a workday on 2/21 for anyone that would like to help.   

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2009, 10:53:18 AM »
Those wood holes are crazy hard.  I really like the hole next to the lake.  i am calling it Lakeside Drive.  You are literally walking the edge of a good size hill lakeside.   it is a hairy hole and is going to be a amazing test for guts.  one bad kick off a tree and you are in the drink.  You can play it safe or go for a  hyzer.  Oh man, those holes are looking great.  I would like to go back out this weekend and haul brush.  Not sure what Lance has going on, but it is going to be a nice weekend. 

Lance i am busy Sat morning.    I could meet you out there around 2:30 on Sat or Sunday morning.  Let me know if you can make it out.   I will try to wrestle up a couple of folks. 

John

dclabe

« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2009, 02:23:11 PM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 2/8 (Cloudy 43 -45 degrees, 5-8 Northeast wind)

Thirteen players out for League at Lake Shore on what would be known as the day after the gorgeous February Saturday (75 - 80 degrees) :o.  Matt H/Leo laid down a scorching round of 43....I think Leo was frustrated not getting a birdie on their first hole #4, and then they both threw probably their worst drives of the day on #5.....but it didn't matter because with Matt H's putter laying next to the basket after his narrow miss, Leo drilled it for the bird.  After that they were off to the races with birdie streaks of 3, 4, and 4 while going bogey free.  Meanwhile, Matt F/Lance went -9 down with one bogey.....the word I got was that Matt F hit a 80' plus putt for birdie on #3  :P...I saw Lance hit from over 30' on #18 for a birdie.
Matt Hayes
Matt Fox
Brian Gammon
Rand
Brandon Elkins
Dean Uhlmann
Brian Palmer
Leo DaPrato
Lance Dwyer
Dan Zink
Dan Coffman
Caleb Coffman
Jeff Scheetz
Cali
$40.00
$25.00

Next weekend league will be noonthirty Sunday 2/15 at Lake Shore, hope to see you there....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

dclabe

« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2009, 01:07:04 PM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 2/15 (Sunny 43 -45 degrees, 5-8 Northeast wind)

Eight players out for League at Lake Shore on a nice February day.  Moved a few pins while waiting on Doug.  Brandon/Dan started out hot, after missing a long birdie putt on #1, they had six straight birds.  But, they would only get 1 more, and picked up a bogey on #14  :-[.   Meanwhile, Tom/Caleb had a consistent round without any big streaks but with 9 birds and no bogeys to take the win.  Caleb had the shot of the day on #14 (long across the road) when he put his drive within 35' to 40' but they couldn't convert... :'(

Had a little discussion about the OB on # 18 when my drive landed inside the telephone pole which marks the East boundary, but outside the "inside line" of the Oaks that mark the South boundary...we played it as OB and took a circle three on the hole.  To make this easier to call we're changing the South boundary to the "outside" line of the Oaks (this will line up better with the end of the telephone pole).

Tom Butler
Brandon Elkins
Brian Palmer
Doug Kroll
Caleb Coffman
Dan Coffman
Will Love
Kyle Piedimonte
$25.00
$15.00

Next weekend league will be noonthirty Sunday 2/22 at Lake Shore, hope to see you there....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2009, 05:24:25 PM »
I will make my first appearance there this year tomorrow Dan.   My girlfriend is having a body shop party ... ewwwww... see ya there.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2009, 08:24:41 PM »
Dick,

Let me know if you want a ride...Think I am headed that way as well, Dean may also...haven't talked to Leo yet...
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2009, 10:11:32 PM »
I would love one. But I have to take Duma with me so I'll just drive thanks though.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

dclabe

« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2009, 10:57:14 AM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 2/22 (Sunny 43 -45 degrees, 5-8 West wind)

Thirteen players out for League at Lake Shore on a nice February day (after a cold blustery Saturday).  Well....this one came down to performance on the last hole of the round with Dresser/Dresser (-8), CD/Cali Cd (-7), and Deano/Dan C (-7).  Deano/Dan couldn't convert their 25' on #11 and were in the clubhouse watching as the Dressers and CD played #18.  Steve started the hole by crushing a CE Firebird OB into Slant's truck's passenger door (3 cars deep :o and it left more than a mark :'().  But, Mike (you're not heavy, you're my brother) stepped up and parked it to secure the win :P.  CD then took the rest of the drama out with his drive to within 25' or so and promptly draining it for the bird (and second).

Mike Dresser
Duane Steiner
Dean Uhlmann
Doug Kroll
Dick Parker
Lance Dwyer
Andy Lewis
Steve Dresser
Cali
Dan Coffman
Fred Smith
Brian Palmer
Caleb Coffman
Kyle Piedimonte
$40.00
$25.00

Next weekend league will be noonthirty Sunday 3/1 at Lake Shore, hope to see you there....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2009, 11:09:57 AM »
Now that the course is longer the tee pads need to be larger or atleast get them up to grade so you can start an approach off the pad....15 & 17 come to mind in particular....major drainage issues.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

dclabe

« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2009, 12:27:17 PM »
I've talked with Scott George about moving some of the existing pads (9, 14, 15, 17, 12, 1, 18 (in order of need)) to the new wooded holes and replacing them with larger pads.  Plus, I want to add alternate pads on #6 and #8.  Earliest the city can do anything is in April, when the 2009 budget starts.  We have offered to do the labor if they will supply the concrete.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2009, 01:30:21 PM »
Thanks Dan et al for the work this weekend, I will have to get out there and see this new 9, soounds like a lot of progress is coming nicely to make this course even better.  The partnership that you folks are developing with the city is exactly what needs to happen!!!

Thanks for helping to keep KC great to play DG in!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2009, 08:36:56 AM »
For any and all who have thrown plastic in the drink at p hill, I will be fishing for frisbees today with my home made disc retrieving contraption I built at work yesterday. With any bit of luck, I hope to be successful in bringing back what was once ours! If I do happen upon success, I will be posting the names on any of the discs found later today.. Go Water Rake 2000!!! ;D
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!