Author Topic: Pleasant Hill League  (Read 60864 times)

"Woody"

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasant Hill League
« Reply #255 on: October 13, 2009, 10:31:53 AM »
Congratulations to David/Slim on a well deserved win!  Highlight for the day was either Slim almost making it to the green on #15, with his t shot, or Texas Toast tackling the creek on #13 commando style (on hands and knees) ;D  Hell no, he wouldn't take the road....what do you think he is?!?!?!  Much love, Billy  :)
Bryan Harrelson

Captklank

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 13, 2009, 10:58:39 AM »
The creek did not get away either! ;DLike I said yesterday NO MORE CROW!!!!!
Team Ls Discs

Spencer

« Reply #257 on: October 13, 2009, 02:55:21 PM »
NO MORE CROW!!!!!

No more grabbing locust trees anymore either, Billy-that looked painful!

dclabe

« Reply #258 on: October 30, 2009, 10:05:43 AM »
Since there was no league on 10/18 (City of Fountains and Olathe Open) or on 10/25 (Club Championships + rain), I wanted to remind everyone that there will be Sunday League this week.....that is if there's anyone left standing after Ted's Day-Glo on Saturday.  :P

Sunday league at noonthirty Sunday 11/1 at Lake Shore, hope to see you there....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 30, 2009, 11:46:17 AM »
I will be there for sure!  68 degree day.  hell ya
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

dclabe

« Reply #260 on: November 02, 2009, 01:05:59 PM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 11/1 (Sunny 65-70, South - Southwest wind 9-14 mph)

Twelve players out for Sunday league.  Beautiful day for DG....  Caleb C showed up as we were walking to our initial drives, for speed of play I paired him with Bobby who was Cali.  This is 3 Leagues in a row where the draw has been disrupted by late arrivals....if you're running late give me a call and we'll delay the draw until you arrive.  In the future if you're late and don't call, you'll need to play as Cali.  On our card it was a tight competition between Leo/Tom B, Spencer/Hummel, and Deano/Dan with several momentum changes during the round.  Leo/Tom B started out hot with birds on #1 and #2 and after 7 holes held a 2 stroke advantage over both teams at 4 down....then Deano/Dan heated up with 4 consecutive birds to tie Leo/Tom B at 6 down after 11 holes, with Spencer/Hummel still 2 back....then Spencer/Hummel warmed up with a near bird on #12 in the woods (while both Leo/Tom B & Deano/Dan boogeyed) and birds on #13 & #14 to forge a three way tie at 6 down.  But they immediately cooled back off with a boogie on #15.  The only chance to break the tie was on #18, whenDeano/Dan were the only ones on the green, but they couldn't convert the bird.  Meanwhile, Bobby/Caleb cruised thru a boogie free round to finish at 8 down for the win.  Shot of the day had to be Hummel's forehand bomb on #14 (long across the road) that wound up within 8-10 feet of the basket.

Caleb Coffman
Dean Uhlmann
Leo DaPrato
Matt Hummel
Brian Palmer
Kevin Montgomery
Heberto Villarreal
Dan Coffman
Tom Butler
Spencer W
TJ Ring
Tom Verstraete
$32.00
$14.00
$14.00

Next League is at noon-thirty Sunday 11/8 at Lake Shore, hope to see you there....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

Terry Adams, Aaron Johnson, and Angie came out and played a casual round after league.

Considering a special League this week to celebrate Club Elections on Saturday....maybe a few extra Safari holes?

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 02, 2009, 01:58:59 PM »
safari?  Are the NEW holes ready to play?  those would be cool to see.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

dclabe

« Reply #262 on: November 02, 2009, 02:09:07 PM »
I don't think Lance's holes in the woods are ready (he hasn't been able to work on them since this spring), but that would be a cool option....I'll check them out, and if they're playable we'll need some portable baskets (I've got a Ching).  Who knows, maybe Lance would make a guest appearance at League.

kohjahk

« Reply #263 on: November 02, 2009, 02:15:47 PM »
Are you going to have a Afternoon Dee-Lite campout thingy this weekend? Looks to be, if not the, one of the last few good weekends for it. I know I could waste a few hours sitting around a fire after some dgolf if I had to.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 08, 2009, 08:33:55 AM »
Beautiful day for golf this afternoon.  I think Phill might be the answer.  Since we all know the chefs are going to win today we don't actually NEED to watch.  Sooo.. I'll see everyone out there right? 
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

dclabe

« Reply #265 on: November 20, 2009, 12:37:45 PM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 11/8 (Sunny 60-65, South - Southwest wind 10-15mph)

Sorry about the late post....computer has been on the fritz....

Five players out for Sunday league on a breezy day.  Dick/Dan cruised to a 5 stroke win....Caleb/Cali made a push with the only 3 on #12 in the woods, but then jumped aboard the boogie train to fade from contention.
Dick Parker
Matt Hayes
Caleb Coffman
Dan Coffman
Matt Fox
Cali
$25

Sunday League on 11/15 was rained out...

Next League is at noon-thirty Sunday 11/22 at Lake Shore, hope to see you there....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

dclabe

« Reply #266 on: November 22, 2009, 07:31:40 PM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 11/22 (Cloudy 55-60, South - Southeast wind 5-9mph)

Twelve players out for Sunday league.  On the card of Billy/Seth, Hummel/Spencer, and Leo/Greg the team of Leo/Greg won their card easily with a 7 down.  Meanwhile on the card of Fox/Gary, Caleb/Lance, and Dan/TJ it was another story.  When Caleb/Lance birdied #9 (long)it put them at 6 down with the rest of the card at 4 down.  Both Fox/Gary and Dan/TJ birdied #10 while Caleb/Lance couldn't convert.  Then things turned a little bizarre on #11, Fox/Gary both threw OB into the Savanah Land front yard to take a boogie (this would lead to a string of 3 boogies in a row!), Caleb/Lance had a par, and Dan/TJ birdied to tie Caleb/Lance at 6 down.  Both Caleb/Lance and Dan/TJ birdied #13.  The turning point came on #15 when Caleb/Lance boogied to drop a stroke back.  Then on #18 both Caleb/Lance and Dan/TJ birdied, which gave Dan/TJ the win and tied Caleb/Lance with Leo/Greg for 2nd....they elected to playoff with the winners taking all (2nd + 3rd cash).  While the gallery watched from the picnic tables, it looked like it was going to be a short playoff when Caleb/Lance parked #1 and Leo/Greg were 30-40 foot out behind the tree...but Greg hit a hyzer putt for the bird to force another hole...but it was to no avail as Caleb/Lance parked #2 and Leo/Greg could not convert from 50'.         

Dan Coffman
Caleb Coffman
Leo DaPrato
Matt Hummel
Billy Nelson
Matt Fox
TJ Ring
Lance Dwyer
Greg Lewis
Spencer W
SethWolzen
Gary Harvery
$32.00
$28.00

Next League is at noon-thirty Sunday 11/29 at Lake Shore, hope to see you there....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 10:26:40 PM by dclabe »

dclabe

« Reply #267 on: November 29, 2009, 06:53:32 PM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 11/29 (Cloudy 45-49, North - Northwest wind 10-14mph)

Eight players out for Sunday league on a breezy, chilly day.  Doug Kroll was out for his first league since getting back from the Mideast....it was good to see him.  Today was about momentum shifts....and the bizarre.  Caleb C/Dan started out smoking right out of the box with birdies on the first three holes (including a miracle annie putt from behind the sycamore on #2 from roughly 35' by Caleb).  Then the momentum shifted when Leo/Tom were the only bird on #4....by the time we rolled into #12 Leo/Tom had a three stroke lead on Caleb C/Dan and four on the rest of the field (-7, -4, -3, -3).  Then things turned  bizarre with the first four drives all going OB :o (Leo/Tom and Spencer/Matt Hayes). Caleb C/Dan C were the only par on the hole.  On hole #15 (long across the road) Caleb C/Dan again were the only par.  Then on #16 things got bizarre again...when both Leo/Tom threw OB again, which dropped them into a tie with Caleb C/Dan at -4 with the rest of the field at -2.  Things stayed tied until #18 when first Caleb C/Dan birdied from 35', but Leo/Tom answered with a birdie from 33' to force a playoff.  Caleb C/Dan birdied hole #1 to win the playoff.

Caleb Coffman
Leo DaPrato
Matt Hayes
Doug Kroll
Dan Coffman
Tom Verstraete
Spencer W
Caleb Spinks
$25.00
$15.00

Next League is at noon-thirty Sunday 12/6 at Lake Shore, hope to see you there....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

Spencer

« Reply #268 on: December 01, 2009, 12:10:10 AM »
Then things turned  bizarre with the first four drives all going OB Shocked (Leo/Tom and Spencer/Matt Hayes).

ALMOST! it was 3 out of 4, Dan. I was in bounds by 5' with a great line into the opening but Matt and I ended up missing a 20' straddle putt from past the hole for our par, no OB for us.  I thought more bizarre was my 2nd throw on #15.  Right treeline next to the road straight left across the fairway and road and into the lake. I thought shooting the complete wrong direction several hundred feet and sinking my disc was pretty bizarre. I won that disc, hit an ace with it, and buried it at sea 2 months later on what arguably my worst shot ever.  It was an odd round overall, i would agree, and a very nice come-from-behind victory for the Coffmans...

dclabe

« Reply #269 on: December 06, 2009, 06:20:05 PM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 12/06 (Cloudy 35 - 40, East - Southeast wind 6 -10mph)

Six players out for Sunday league on a chilly day.  Fun competitive round....after eight holes it was Drew/Narin -7, Caleb/Dan -7, and Amanda/TJ -5.  Caleb/Dan were the only bird on #10 to take a 1 stroke lead that they wouldn't relinquish.  Caleb/Dan again were the only bird on #16 to take a 2 stroke lead and pretty much ice the victory.  Drew/Narin put a scare into us when Drew drove #17 (long) within 25-30 foot of the pin, but they couldn't convert the bird.  Drew/Narin had the only bird on #18 to get within 1.  Shot of the day was Caleb's near field ace on #15...hit solid chains dropped into the basket and spun out.

Caleb Walker
Drew Neitzel
Amanda Jackson
Dan Coffman
Narin Clouse
TJ Ring
$30.00

Next League is at noon-thirty Sunday 12/13 at Lake Shore, hope to see you there....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.