Author Topic: Pleasant Hill League  (Read 62988 times)

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasant Hill League
« Reply #435 on: February 19, 2011, 05:06:11 PM »
Mud hole dubs!! Im in!

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 19, 2011, 05:14:37 PM »
Mud hole dubs!! Im in!

you better be there slacker.  i need a partner.

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 19, 2011, 08:29:52 PM »
Mud hole dubs!! Im in!

you better be there slacker.  i need a partner.

I'll bring you some "energy drinks" ha ha

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 21, 2011, 06:52:25 AM »
i sense sarcasm there.

dogs do dog stuff.  what can you do.

thanks for the disc doug.  the kid carried it around all night.

dclabe

« Reply #439 on: February 22, 2011, 09:34:14 AM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 2/20(Overcast 64 - 67, South - Southwest 18 - 21 gusting to 35 mph)

Twentytwo players out for League at Lake Shore on a unseasonably warm winter afternoon.   Might of been one of the windiest rounds of disc golf I've played at Lake Shore...the holes open to the lake were especially tough...only 2 teams with pars on #15.  Apparently, no one told Bobby/Leo that it was windy, as they cruised to the win with a 44.  Shot of the day was Jose's near ace on #6 (hit the basket)...putt of the day was Bobby's 70 footer for par on #12 (in the woods).  Interesting stat...only two teams went boogey free for the round (Bobby/Leo and Dan/Jay).

Herberto Villarreal
John Theiss
Jose Ossa
Dan Coffman
Narin Clouse
Doug Kroll
Brandon Elkins
BJ Font
Boyd Childers
Andrew White
Fawn Brown
Leo DaPrato
Matt Fox
Vince Como
Jay Cram
Will Love
Ted Keith
Dick Parker
Mark Martin
Eric Minton
Sean Chancellor
Jordan Hinck
44   $46.00
48   $32.00
49   $20.00
50   $12.00
??   

Next League is at noon-thirty Sunday 2/27 at Lake Shore, hope to see you there....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 23, 2011, 09:38:09 AM »
my legs are blowing up with poison ivy.  I remember getting into it on hole 5 by the water. And yes you can it ivy in the winter despite what some folks say.  maybe i should not have been wearing shorts, but the weather was incredibly nice.   There are some serious ivy stands that need to be addressed, especially when they are ten feet from the basket. when the ivy stem is three to four feet off the ground and they are so numerous that it appears you are walking through tall grass, action needs to be taken.  Maybe we can get those beavers out there to start gnawing down on the ivy stems/trunks instead of destroying all those great trees ;D

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 23, 2011, 09:49:21 AM »
my legs are blowing up with poison ivy.  I remember getting into it on hole 5 by the water. And yes you can it ivy in the winter despite what some folks say.  maybe i should not have been wearing shorts, but the weather was incredibly nice.   There are some serious ivy stands that need to be addressed, especially when they are ten feet from the basket. when the ivy stem is three to four feet off the ground and they are so numerous that it appears you are walking through tall grass, action needs to be taken.  Maybe we can get those beavers out there to start gnawing down on the ivy stems/trunks instead of destroying all those great trees ;D

Exact same thing happened to me on hole 1 last time I was there. The itchy and scratchy show.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 23, 2011, 09:59:41 AM »

fortunately, you have some prize money to purchase some some Ivy-Dry that will alleviate the burning and itching.

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 27, 2011, 08:25:24 AM »
hows p hill looking?  anyone playing in the slop today?

dclabe

« Reply #444 on: February 27, 2011, 09:31:09 AM »
Brandon & I will be there...heard from 3 or 4 others who are wanting to play...

I expect it to be pretty wet...haven't been there since Sunday so I'm not sure what the conditions will be...

dclabe

« Reply #445 on: February 27, 2011, 05:22:59 PM »
Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 2/27(Fog 36, North - Northeast 3 - 8 mph)

Twelve players out for League at Lake Shore on a foggy, soggy winter afternoon.   Pretty cool conditions...so foggy you couldn't hardly see across the lake. 8)  With the snow melt and mist the ground was just a wee bit soggy.  Dan/Jay started out red hot with 7 consecutive birds (1-7)...meanwhile Billy/Brandon were just 2 back with their bird on #8... they followed with 3 consecutive birds (10 - 12) to draw within a stroke...but Dan/Jay had 3 consecutive birds (11-13) to regain their 2 stroke lead (-10 to -8)...but Billy/Brandon finished with a flourish with 3 more birds (16 -18) to draw within a stroke...Dan/Jay weren't to be denied though, finishing with birds on 17 and 18 to clinch the win.  Shots of note...Jay's solo birds on #12 in the woods and #17 Long...Billy canning 3 putts of 40' or better including #12 in the woods and #17 Long.  Billy also had a near Ace on #18 short (hit the basket)...

Dan Coffman
Billy Nelson
Caleb Coffman
Boyd Childers
BJ Font
Matt Fox
Jay Cram
Brandon Elkins
Paul Beard
Narin Clouse
Bill Neenan
Will Love
42   $36.00
43   $24.00

Next League is at noon-thirty Sunday 3/6 at Lake Shore, hope to see you there....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.

KCVinnie

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 27, 2011, 05:48:03 PM »
Would have been fun to see some of those shots. Solo birds on 12 and 17 is impressive. Nice shooting out there.
Vince
"Driving for show, putting for dough."
2014 Bag Tags: 185 to 8 to 202

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 27, 2011, 07:01:44 PM »
jay's drive on 17 was nasty.  maybe 20-25 from the basket.

Captklank

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 28, 2011, 08:39:18 AM »
Great time playin in the mud!!There was no stoppin Dan and Jay!It was pretty cool watchin these kids and the excitement they have.Brandon Keep it up !
Team Ls Discs

dclabe

« Reply #449 on: February 28, 2011, 11:38:18 AM »
Great time playin in the mud!!There was no stoppin Dan and Jay!It was pretty cool watchin these kids and the excitement they have.Brandon Keep it up !

Damn...there for a second I thought he was including me! ::)

You know Brandon & Jay were throwing some bombs when they were out driving Billy on the long holes...Jay especially had it going on the long holes...in the woods 20' from the pin on #12, 15' out on #13 with a flick, 25' from the pin on #14, pin high but 60' out on #15, and 25' out on #17.  Meanwhile Brandon was not far behind...long drive on #9, parked both #10 & #11, 60' out on #15, 30' to 35' past but pin high on #16, and 40' out on #17...

As we got to hole #18, Billy told Brandon that they needed an Ace to tie...then Billy hit the basket!
Nothing like calling your shot :P...