Author Topic: Pleasant Hill League  (Read 60990 times)

dclabe

Pleasant Hill League
« on: November 01, 2007, 01:18:12 PM »
Players interested in playing Pleasant Hill League please indicate your preference.....
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 04:12:19 PM by Flip »

Chainsaw

Re: Pleasant Hill League
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 02:11:23 PM »
Why is there no time option for a glow league during the fall/winter?

The course is not very long, and is fairly open. Seems like a good place to play some glow...

In light of the options available, I believe that Saturday is better, especially at 11 am. Those who do not want to, or cannot make it to the Olathe or Rosedale Down Under leagues would have one on the Missouri side around the same time of day.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 02:12:57 PM by Chainsaw »

dclabe

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 02:54:46 PM »
Why is there no time option for a glow league during the fall/winter?

The course is not very long, and is fairly open. Seems like a good place to play some glow...

I agree that it would be a good glow course, I thought we should let the neighbors acclimate to the course first.....I'm also not sure if there's time restrictions on when the park can be used.  I have a call into the Parks department to check on this.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 03:14:33 PM »
i agree w/ chainsaw, though there are leagues on saturday, it would be nice to have one in MO and not have to drive 40 minutes...

i'm sure there are some MO people that would come out
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 04:10:35 PM by phisherman_77 »

going-long

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 04:19:47 PM »
AMEN...the course is five minutes from my house......i will play glow...league whatever.........

narin

The Can tankerous A.N.G

• Pro Poster
  • Don't look now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 04:42:25 PM »
Glow would be neat. Hopefully we can get it all going! Thanks everyone for your excitement. I really liked the course. Any course where I can birdie several holes gets my approval!  :D

mansizioux

• Am Poster
  • JV Golfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 08:59:24 PM »
Yeah I just played some glow out there tonight. I think it would work out great.
You can"t always do what's right, but you can always do what's left.

dclabe

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 08:52:01 AM »
Still no official word on Park Hours.... however, the City Lake rules include one for no loud noises after 10 PM.  That would seem to indicate that the Park is open to me.  Maybe Wednesday night for Glow?

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 09:31:07 AM »
sounds great! i'm there...

should be a fun course for glow

kohjahk

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 10:41:32 AM »
During the regular League Season I would like to see this league on the weekend since there are no regular season weekend leagues except for Homie or what ever that Adv. Homie League is.

going-long

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 11:41:27 AM »
I think weekend league is great. There are people who work a lot....(myself) and cant ever play during the week at all.

narin

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 11:47:24 AM »
i agree w/ chainsaw, though there are leagues on saturday, it would be nice to have one in MO and not have to drive 40 minutes...

i'm sure there are some MO people that would come out

Of course, some of us would have to drive 40-45 minutes to get to P-Hill. :)  Took me 45 minutes the other night.  It's really convenient for the Lee's Summit folks, though, and that's been sorely needed for a long time.

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 11:48:22 AM »
oh well, at least you have to drive farther than 15-20 minutes sometimes chappy

how did you like the course?

dclabe

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 12:32:49 PM »
Talked to Scott George, no restrictions on Park usage (except for the noise after 10 PM).  So Glow is a go (given there's enough interest). I will setup a poll for it too.

Also, Scott said they finished a parking lot between 18 & 1.

dclabe

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 03:22:11 PM »
OK boys and girls looks like the masses have spoken.....Pleasant Hill League starts Saturday (11/10) at 11 am.  Entry $5 with full payout.  Format will be random draw doubles....I've heard interest in singles too, so maybe some weeks we will play singles. 

Heads up to new players at Pleasant Hill, although we have restrooms and picnic facilities, we do not have water at this point. 

Hope to see you Saturday....